It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: GOP should keep money for Medicaid expansion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
A new poll conducted by the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation indicates that most Americans would like to keep the medicaid expansion part of the ACA. This along with the protections for those with pre-existing conditions are the most important part of the ACA in my opinion. Sadly I have little to no hope of this administration going with the will of the people. It's still too early to tell but if Sean Spicer's comments in regards to the Cannabis industry are any indication of how the Trump administration plans to handle that particular issue then it does not look good for the will of the people (then again has it ever really???).

WASHINGTON (AP) — Add Medicaid expansion to the list of Obama-era health care provisions that Americans want to keep. A new poll finds that 8 in 10 say lawmakers should preserve federal funding that has allowed states to add coverage for some 11 million low-income people.

The survey released Friday by the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation comes as the nation's governors gather in Washington for their annual winter meeting, with Medicaid much on their minds. President Donald Trump and the Republican-led Congress want to repeal the 2010 health care law that expanded the program under former President Barack Obama.

Many congressional Republicans also want to rewrite the basic financial contract for Medicaid, the federal-state health insurance program covering low-income and disabled people. Republicans are proposing to limit future federal funding in exchange for allowing states much more leeway to run their programs. The poll raises new questions about both ideas.

Link to article

I really do hope they find a way to keep those portions of the bill. I have friends that would personally be impacted if not and I would hate to watch people I love die because of some greedy corporate owned suits on the hill playing with our lives. The people have spoken Mr. President, will you listen?
edit on Fri Feb 24 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Will of the People... meh... when has that been a consideration?

join