It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video footage of the F-117 Have Blue program.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Allright here is the deal. An English production comapny is searching F-117 Have Blue video footage for a documentry. in the series of 'heavy metal'. I never heard of that before...
They asked me about it because I have a military aviation website.

Dear Sirs

We are a London UK based production company making a documentary on the
F-117 for the History Channel. It is a continuation of the most successful
series called 'Heavy Metal'

The show tracks the history of the aircraft from it's predecessors to the
most recent conflict in then Gulf.

We are having no luck whatsoever in getting footage of the 'Have Blue'
(Senior Trend) prototype, it's testing, footage of the manufacture of the
aircraft, and the F-117 simulator.

Lockheed do not seem to have this footage available - but we do know some
exists.

Could you shed any light on this? Any information on moving footage of the
early stages would be brilliant.

Many thanks,

www.flashbacktv.com...

So does anyone have any video footage, of F-117 have blue flight testing??

Please let me know.

I want that footage, not for the credit, but more for myself. You see the F-117 has been tested at area 51. And IF there is any footage available it would be quite rare...I want that...

THanks

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Let's dig up the have blue!
*hands everyone a shovel*

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The guys of that company are sure there is a videotype shot from the chase plane, buting the tests flights over area 51.
They said several mechanics mentioned the videotape.

I WANT THAT TAPE TOO

Not just for the credits I will get on the show, but for the tape itself...

Please ask around if you know any area 51 lunaticts or black projects buffs (but don't ask me
)

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Some useful search words that could help us find this:

the dates listed are some of the test flight dates, so one of them could possibly be the right one.

f-117a
black jet
fsd
senior trend
fsd-1
#79-780
August 6, 1981
October 21, 1981
fsd-2
79-781
September 24, 1981
fsd-3
79-782
Ben Rick
Gen. Bill Creech
Scorpions
cockroach
scorpion tfe
t-38
Baja Scorpions
n.o.y.f.b.
yf-117a
June 18th, 1981
December 18, 1981
fsd-4
July 7, 1982
fsd-5
April 10, 1982
September 25, 1985
July 18, 1990
79-783
79-784
410th Test and Evaluation Squadron
412th Testing Wing
Air Force Flight Test Center
Air Foce Material Command
Plant 42
January 23, 1982
July 7, 1982
79 783 ED
79-787
Pete's Dragon
July 8, 1982
Clyde Fonner
dragon test team
the dragon

hope this helps somebody find it!

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There are some pics and info on the F-117 simulator at this site.
www.f-117a.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You forgot have blue.
www.f-117a.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow,

The have blue looks even better than the nighthawk.

Kool pics..

BTW. Zion... if you ever do get the footage on have blue you're going to share it with us right? Here or on your site... doesn't matter as long as we get to see it.

Peace,

MrFreeze

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If I ever get my hands on it, the first thing I would do is make a copy of it, and send it to Simon.
Well i think I'll watch the clip first, and then make a copy...

THanks for the links but I was aware of the excellent website F-117a.com.
I often discuss things with the F-117a.com webmaster on another message board. And he's also a regular poster on hte dreamlandresort.com forum.

I tried to search with kazaa on the file, but haven't found anything about it (yet).

I'll keep searching though...I JUST NEED THAT FOOTAGE

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'll have a look as well Zion, see if I can find anything for you.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Zion, I don' t know if you'll find it.

Since this morning, I have tryed 3 times with Alta and Google. I checked each links, one by one and...NOTHING.

It's the first time that I don't find something with internet. I allways found everything, except now.

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Coming to the same conclusion, second time I haven't been able to find something on the Internet (first was trying to locate an old friend
).

I guess you could try filing a FOIA request but I doubt that would get you any footage as it is most likely still classified. The fact it was tested out at Groom Lake will be a major problem since most other stealth aircraft have also been tested outside of Area 51, hence their being publicly available video files.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Same here, I tried almost 'search' engine I could think of, even the one's I use when I do research material's and came up with nada.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
moi aussi

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hmm, haveblue.

Thats lockheed, I beleive it was to test out the shape of that stealth fighter they manufactured. It's not black budget, but they kept it quiet for strategical reasons.

Kowalski.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It's NOT black budget...
Dude the Have Blue program was to test the stealth technology that was developed in the 70's and 80's. And indeed to test the shape of the aircraft.
It was one of the blackest programs ever. Testing stealth techology fighters, during the cold war....think about it.

They still havent released any real info about the program. It was tested at Area 51. During those test flights a chase-plane videotaped the test flights. That videofootage is what they are after.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's very unlikely that any substantial video footage of the HAVE BLUE demonstrator will be released anytime soon. Not because of the A/C itself, but because of the possibility of backround images of Groom Lake in the video. Those images are still probably classified.

I would try a FOIA request addressed to DARPA requesting any unclassified video footage of the HAVE BLUE demonstration aircraft / THAAP prototype.

Be prepared to spend money, however.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The Have Blue was a test plane for stealth,the configuration is very diffrent from the F-117. You have two diffrent planes from two diffrent programs.

Tim

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
The Have Blue was a test plane for stealth,the configuration is very diffrent from the F-117. You have two diffrent planes from two diffrent programs.

Tim

The have blue was indeed a stealth technology demonstrator. The F-117 was based on the Have Blue design, which was based on/derived from the XST program.
But you are right it was a bit confusing.
I was/am looking for a HAVE BLUE test flight video footage. (which is most likely not on the net)

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Now that you've made clear what you're looking for, lets take a look at some facts. Have Blue was part of the original stealth technology development Program, I THINK it was code named Project Harvy. I'm not sure but I think the project had two Programs: Have Blue and Tactic Blue. Both of these programs are still highly classified SAP's even though they are openly aknowledged by the Government. The openly avalible info on these programs is very limited for national security reasons.

Tim

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is from www.f-117a.com... :

Project Harvey?
Up until now, most sources have stated that this study was code named Harvey, a reference to the invisible rabbit that accompanied Jimmy Stewart in the movie of the same name. However, according to John K. "Jack" Twigg, former HAVE BLUE program manager (who was heavily involved with subsequent low observables programs), nothing related to HAVE BLUE or the F-117A was ever called "Project Harvey." "All activities that led directly to HAVE BLUE were never referred to as Project Harvey," said Twigg. "There was a gentleman in the Pentagon...who had some concepts that he entitled 'Harvey.' His focus was tactics and other means, not 'technical' low observables... The occasional mention of 'Harvey' did provide confusion to some, and may have served as an inadvertent cover story." Adding to the confusion is the fact that both "Harvey" and HAVE BLUE drew support from within the Office of the Director of Defense Research and Engineering at the Pentagon, making the distinction very unclear even to many program participants.

The have blue project's codename is simply HAVE BLUE...
They are indeed STILL highly classified, but according to that production company there is video footage "out there"...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join