It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavily Armed force of 200 moves in to remove 50 DAPL protesters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yes, I do think the price of gas will drop.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: reldra

per·haps
pərˈ(h)aps/
adverb
adverb: perhaps
used to express uncertainty or possibility.

Just thinking out loud Reldra. Not being there or having the full story from both sides, none of us know. Not me, not you.

You just made something up though. Or, as you say, thinking out loud. That was pretty loud to post it.

Isn't debating our positions and speculating what we do here: why this place exists?

Perhaps they were dealing with gunfire and the violent radicals who always plague protests?

Question marks have meaning.

I could think 'maybe the law enforcement had RPGs', but I wouldn't type it, because it would sound silly. I could think, "maybe the protesters had grenades." But I wouldn't type it, because it would sound silly.

I don't think I'm the topic here and this discussion between us about my remark is indeed silly.

You typed it and then gave a dictionary definition to defend it. Yes, that was silly.

But that's ok. We just won't discuss that further.
edit on 24-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

what does a bear pinching a loaf in the woods have to do with lefty hypocrites.

you do realize that trash from thousands of people can sweep into the ground and cause oil from cooking leaking engines from cars, trash rotting, grasses trampled and not growing back. and as reported in the other threads if not cleaned up in time the floods washing it into the river.

fine example of concerned people.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
Sounds like you're just looking for anything to complain about to make yourself out to be a victim.

Who are you referring this to? Me? LOL, if so.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

what does a bear pinching a loaf in the woods have to do with lefty hypocrites.

you do realize that trash from thousands of people can sweep into the ground and cause oil from cooking leaking engines from cars, trash rotting, grasses trampled and not growing back. and as reported in the other threads if not cleaned up in time the floods washing it into the river.

fine example of concerned people.

Still not the same as an oil spill. You want to call me names again? You are doing so, in a sideways manner since I noted the trash from the protesters does NOT = an oil spill.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Rezlooper

If you want people to know you're serious, you HAVE to set an example in most cases.

When the kid next to you is continually disrupting the class and the teacher paddles him 5 times in front of the class, you don't act up because you don't want that to happen to you. An example must be set.

I see you are the example. I will not type what you do.

I'm confused by your response. These people need to know that when they're told to leave, they need to leave. This was done for their own good and because the authorities were running out of time. Just because people have the freedom to protest doesn't give them the freedom to break the rules. I think the people supporting the protesters have slowly forgotten that we still have rules and laws that can't be broken without consequences. Don't get complacent.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

per·haps
pərˈ(h)aps/
adverb
adverb: perhaps
used to express uncertainty or possibility.

Just thinking out loud Reldra. Not being there or having the full story from both sides, none of us know. Not me, not you.

You just made something up though. Or, as you say, thinking out loud. That was pretty loud to post it.

Isn't debating our positions and speculating what we do here: why this place exists?

Perhaps they were dealing with gunfire and the violent radicals who always plague protests?

Question marks have meaning.

I could think 'maybe the law enforcement had RPGs', but I wouldn't type it, because it would sound silly. I could think, "maybe the protesters had grenades." But I wouldn't type it, because it would sound silly.

I don't think I'm the topic here and this discussion between us about my remark is indeed silly.

You typed it and then gave a dictionary definition to defend it. Yes, that was silly.

But that's ok. We just won't discuss that further.

OK, you can have the last word

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: LSU0408

We quoted and sourced the exact same article.

Maybe you'll get a response?

You're a great Googler

No response yet.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I'm losing faith that a response is....

in the pipeline.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
People whining about footing the bill for picking up the trash are also the same people who defend the current POTUS and the obscene amounts of tax-payer dollars that foots the bill for a myriad of different tasks.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
They were trespassing, move em out.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire
So you are fine with the hypocrisy? Volunteer to go clean it then

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

edit on 24-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: why bother lol

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Still not the same as an oil spill. You want to call me names again?

please you are just making excuses for people protesting. there is no excuse to pollute. even if it's to stop a oil spill. lefty hypocrites that went out to protest just did it to show their asses, they had no concern about the environment, if they did they would have cleanup behind themselves. think about this just as a example, the burning man festival has a leave no trace policy, and they never have people complaining about tons of trash left behind for other people to clean up and they do it every year. god help us if the lefty hypocrite water savers do this every year.

here is another video, and a couple of pictures.

Nothing Says Standing Rock Environmentalism Like Tons of Garbage

You want to call me names again? You are doing so, in a sideways manner

please don't flatter yourself, my thoughts about you don't even come that high. when i start calling you names you'll know it.

edit on 24-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
People whining about footing the bill for picking up the trash are also the same people who defend the current POTUS and the obscene amounts of tax-payer dollars that foots the bill for a myriad of different tasks.

It truly is laughable that the focus of this thread has become the trash. Perfect thread derailment from talking about the militarized police forces that await their call. If Obama were president today, then it would be a totally different story. the HYPOCRISY!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

It truly is laughable that the focus of this thread has become the trash. Perfect thread derailment from talking about the militarized police forces that await their call. If Obama were president today, then it would be a totally different story. the HYPOCRISY!

What's truly laughable is that your excuse started out as you couldn't keep up with all the responses, then you didn't even bother with another excuse just more complaints about the thread, and yet you still won't discuss the very thing you're complaining about nobody discussing with you.

Multiple people have addressed that topic specifically and you ignored every single one of their comments. Just like you ignored the comments about how no, actually, the tribe isn't on the hook for cleanup cost.

Whatever man, you've exposed yourself now. You have no interest in debate or discussion, and you'll make up any excuse you can to avoid it even when people are actively trying to engage you on the very thing you claim to want to talk about.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Like most recent protest I don't think they had a reason to complain other than they wanted to get together and party. Still no valid reason. It wasn't their land and their water intake is nearly 100 miles away.

Just bored kids

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My fellow Trumpians, Righties, you'd all be #ting your pants right now if that army marched in on the Bundy ranch. the HYPOCRISY!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Rezlooper

What's truly laughable is that your excuse started out as you couldn't keep up with all the responses, then you didn't even bother with another excuse just more complaints about the thread, and yet you still won't discuss the very thing you're complaining about nobody discussing with you.

Multiple people have addressed that topic specifically and you ignored every single one of their comments. Just like you ignored the comments about how no, actually, the tribe isn't on the hook for cleanup cost.

Whatever man, you've exposed yourself now. You have no interest in debate or discussion, and you'll make up any excuse you can to avoid it even when people are actively trying to engage you on the very thing you claim to want to talk about.

No. I will not respond to any post about trash. Sorry, go somewhere else then. That's old news.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

wouldn't be a militarized force if they would have left. they have been given plenty of time. they lost no need to keep on crying cause your butt hurts.

don't want to be loaded up in a a law enforcement vehicle and wind up with a record, leave when given the chance.

this should be their song

edit on 24-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join