It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavily Armed force of 200 moves in to remove 50 DAPL protesters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: reldra

Wrong.

This will decrease not only the price you pay at the pump, but it will also decrease the cost of natural gas if you use that in your home. These things have been in place for decades and nobody has died from them. Replacing old pipelines used from the 70's will be much better, unless you'd rather they continue using old outdated pipelines.

No, it won't. The amount of crude coming in will be negligible. The gas company where I live is UK owned and I am in NY. They own a huge amount of local gas utility companies here. That is ridiculous.

The pipeline brings oil from Canada, who we already get most of our oil from. You think the price of gas will suddenly drop?
edit on 24-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Blaine91555

per·haps
pərˈ(h)aps/
adverb
adverb: perhaps
used to express uncertainty or possibility.

Just thinking out loud Reldra. Not being there or having the full story from both sides, none of us know. Not me, not you.

You just made something up though. Or, as you say, thinking out loud. That was pretty loud to post it.

Isn't debating our positions and speculating what we do here: why this place exists?

Perhaps they were dealing with gunfire and the violent radicals who always plague protests?

Question marks have meaning.

link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Bluntone22
They could have left without incident.
But they decided to ignore the eviction order.
Oh well.

That's not the point of my OP. As you can read, I said they should have been arrested for trespassing. BUT, did it take an army to move 50 unarmed protesters? It was clearly to make a point... and all this at taxpayer expense.

The cleanup after these fools came at the taxpayer's expense, too.

Cleanup after this leaks will cost 1000x more.

It's not as bad as you think it is.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I get a kick out of the fact that more than one member has commented directly to you or directly in response to the OP about the law enforcement presence but you're picking and choosing who you want to respond to, and picking and choosing what subject matter you respond to, and then you post complaining about how nobody is talking about what you want to talk about.

We got irony on irony on irony in this thread.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

per·haps
pərˈ(h)aps/
adverb

Just thinking out loud Reldra. Not being there or having the full story from both sides, none of us know. Not me, not you.

You just made something up though. Or, as you say, thinking out loud. That was pretty loud to post it.

Isn't debating our positions and speculating what we do here: why this place exists?

Perhaps they were dealing with gunfire and the violent radicals who always plague protests?

I could think 'maybe the law enforcement had RPGs', but I wouldn't type it, because it would sound silly. I could think, "maybe the protesters had grenades." But I wouldn't type it, because it would sound silly.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

If you want people to know you're serious, you HAVE to set an example in most cases.

When the kid next to you is continually disrupting the class and the teacher paddles him 5 times in front of the class, you don't act up because you don't want that to happen to you. An example must be set.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

If you want people to know you're serious, you HAVE to set an example in most cases.

When the kid next to you is continually disrupting the class and the teacher paddles him 5 times in front of the class, you don't act up because you don't want that to happen to you. An example must be set.

I see you are the example. I will not type what you do.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Dear Rezlooper, just a small question. As stated they are going to leave a force on site after the clean up. Could this be to keep other protesters off the site or even approaching the site so they can build their pipe line anyway?

They are starting the work soon, I've heard that there's a couple of consultants from Alberta heading down there.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Dear Rezlooper, just a small question. As stated they are going to leave a force on site after the clean up. Could this be to keep other protesters off the site or even approaching the site so they can build their pipe line anyway?

Definitely. They've already gotten the go ahead to build. They are proceeding. The thousands of protesters already left awhile ago because the Standing Rock Tribe backed out of supporting the protest. Many are saying they received a $30 million payoff from the oil company. Initially, the tribe demanded 90 million to let the pipeline go right through the Rez, but the oil company offered 10 million. The tribe said no, so the oil company rerouted to the present line just north of the Rez. The protest erupted. Then, Trump gets elected, they know they are going to lose and Trump himself may have played a part, such as telling the oil company to simply pay them off and end this. But, sure enough, everything quietly went away, and the word came out from some tribal members within the tribe, that they received 30 million.

And the trash left behind is an embarrassment to me, as a Native person, and all my people. So, with the payoff and the way this thing ended, I'm not here to argue on or against the protesters, the protest itself, the tribe, or the pro-gas folks... I'm posting this thread to show you all... lefties and righties... we are living in a police state no matter which side you are on.. and you just don't know it yet. But, you may know soon enough, cuz it will start with these radical protests erupting all over the country and move much further beyond.

Think about it... me, you, so many of us want a crackdown on them to put a stop to the madness, but the sad thing is, these protesters are giving our government the excuse they need to march this same "show of force" in the hills of North Dakota right down the streets of Chicago.. Seattle.. DC... Portland and maybe... your town!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I think the trash left can easily be cleaned. Not like the leaks of this pipeline. There was already at least one.

yea that's what old rez said last time in his thread, turns out the tribe said it was going to take at least a month.
and then they would come back in the spring and finish the clean up.

CANNON BALL, N.D. - Picking up and uncovering waste and belongings is what many people are doing at the Oceti Sakowin Camp - the area where Dakota Access Pipeline protesters were camped out for months - and the work will continue for weeks to come.

there is a video of trash all over the place and abandoned cars, tents, sleeping bags you name it, and not the supplies that ol rez wants you to think was all that was left.
Cleanup continues at the Oceti Sakowin protest camp

such fine up standing people worried about the environment.
link to his last thread.
Emotional clean up underway at Standing Rock protest camp as it shuts down

edit on 24-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sounds like you're just looking for anything to complain about to make yourself out to be a victim.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I get a kick out of the fact that more than one member has commented directly to you or directly in response to the OP about the law enforcement presence but you're picking and choosing who you want to respond to, and picking and choosing what subject matter you respond to, and then you post complaining about how nobody is talking about what you want to talk about.

I can only post so fast. Dang. Four pages in already. I'm trying to read and post all while I'm working as well. But, hey, if you want to talk about trash, go head, it fits your narrative. i ain't got time for it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

I think the trash left can easily be cleaned. Not like the leaks of this pipeline. There was already at least one.

yea that's what old rez said last time in his thread, turns out the tribe said it was going to take at least a month.
and then they would come back in the spring and finish the clean up.

CANNON BALL, N.D. - Picking up and uncovering waste and belongings is what many people are doing at the Oceti Sakowin Camp - the area where Dakota Access Pipeline protesters were camped out for months - and the work will continue for weeks to come.

there is a video of trash all over the place and abandoned cars, tents, sleeping bags you name it, and not the supplies that ol rez wants you to think was all that was left.
Cleanup continues at the Oceti Sakowin protest camp

such fine up standing people worried about the environment.
link to his last thread.
Emotional clean up underway at Standing Rock protest camp as it shuts down

Still costs less than cleaning an oil spill.

Again, with the garbage.

An oil spill seeps into the ground. Logic does not seem to function here today.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

that's not the point the word hypocrites comes to mind. protest pollution/ polluting a water source and make a mess while doing it.
sets a fine example.
edit on 24-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

that's not the point the word hypocrites comes to mind. protest pollution/ polluting a water source and make a mess while doing it.
sets a fine example.

And bears sh*t in the woods. An oil spill is called an environmental disaster. A messy camp ground is not.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
They could have left without incident.
But they decided to ignore the eviction order.
Oh well.

That's not the point of my OP. As you can read, I said they should have been arrested for trespassing. BUT, did it take an army to move 50 unarmed protesters? It was clearly to make a point... and all this at taxpayer expense.

The cleanup after these fools came at the taxpayer's expense, too.

NO. At the Standing Rock tribe's expense

On the contrary.

Taxpayers Will Ultimately Foot Cleanup Bill

Corps officials and a contractor will travel to the site later this week to assess the situation, though actual cleanup work won't happen until the area is deemed safe for workers, Hignight said. The camp area has seen frequent and sometimes violent clashes between protesters and police.

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum said the state could start lining up additional contractors as early as Thursday. Who would pay the cost could be decided later, he said.

"I don't want to sit around and argue about who's going to pay for it while we've got buildings floating down the Missouri River," he said.

Hignight said the Corps was still working out details about how the shutdown would be handled. Once it's accomplished, crews will "clean up the land to a pre-protest state," he said.

The Corps said earlier this month it will close the camp Feb. 22 — next Wednesday — to get people out of harm's way and safeguard the environment. Burgum on Wednesday issued an evacuation order to complement the Corps deadline, though he said arresting people would be a last resort.

[The effort will be funded through the Corps budget, meaning taxpayers ultimately will foot the bill.

Arresting them was the very last resort when they'd been asked several times to leave.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Who said anything about dying.

Who said anything about trash.

I simply made an observation.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I can only post so fast. Dang. Four pages in already. I'm trying to read and post all while I'm working as well. But, hey, if you want to talk about trash, go head, it fits your narrative. i ain't got time for it.

And you continue to post complaining about one thing instead of posting in response to the comments you claim are the very ones you want to respond to. Got time to complain but not time to respond to what you keep saying you'd rather talk about?

Like I said, irony on irony on irony.

link   

per·haps
pərˈ(h)aps/
adverb

I could think 'maybe the law enforcement had RPGs', but I wouldn't type it, because it would sound silly. I could think, "maybe the protesters had grenades." But I wouldn't type it, because it would sound silly.

I don't think I'm the topic here and this discussion between us about my remark is indeed silly.

edit on 2/24/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

We quoted and sourced the exact same article.

Maybe you'll get a response?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join