It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please remember the OPM Data Breach under Obama's administration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Honestly did not follow up to closely on that, never received notification about such a thing... just that my data was compromised.

What part of it... who knows, Active duty, reserve, civil service... or all three.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Oddly, no. My prints were not taken and I count myself lucky. At least that's what they are telling me. On the other hand the application for security clearance is pretty detailed and gets more detailed depending on what level you are being vetted for.
For a low level mushroom (best when kept in the dark. One of our old jokes) like me, it was pretty basic. But, even at that level, I remember they wanted my mother's immigration number and other things of equal detail/depth. So, you get an idea about the data that is now out there even without the print angle.

I'm very much on the edge of my seat to see what the next few months bring with this issue.

Here's a question to mull over. Has the DoD's DNA data base been computerized and how secure is that? We all got those stupid cheek swabs when we got in. Could the be accessed and what could be done with that?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

They preferred "Saving" money so it looks better on their yearly assessment.

I remember that mentality. I actually saw someone's certificate for a Commendation Medal that cited his saving the Air Force $6000 as one of his accomplishments. I almost fell over.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wizzz0001

For a low level mushroom (best when kept in the dark. One of our old jokes)
Too funny lol ..I plan on using that from now on ...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I was used to it on active duty, this was GS level civil service at an air force base.

If it was happening there, I imagine it is hit or miss at every govt institution.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

LOL! Feel free, my friend. I have a ton of them.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I was used to it on active duty, this was GS level civil service at an air force base.

If it was happening there, I imagine it is hit or miss at every govt institution.

I'm sure it is. Just look at the VA healthcare debacle. Granted, that is an extreme case, but still a good exemplar.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Has the DoD's DNA data base been computerized and how secure is that? We all got those stupid cheek swabs when we got in. Could the be accessed and what could be done with that?

Goodness gracious! They had your DNA?

What in the hell was our FBI cybersecurity people doing for the last 8 years! Who headed the FBI Cybersecurity Division
during this time?

I can't imagine having personal info stolen that includes practically your whole life story divulged to the OPM for background checks and security clearances----then having one's FINGERPRINTS get stolen----AND now we know there is a DNA database on these government employees that may have been breached as well.

I will ask again....Who was in charge during the past 8 years when technology was moving faster than a bullet for these cybersecurity issues....especially during the last FOUR???

Who was at the helm of the FBI Cybersecurity Division?
edit on 25-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

What I am being taught (IT security focus degree) is each office that has a budget has to handle their own cyber security, there is no umbrella protection for the FED.

So if your manager only understands monkey push button monkey get banana, odds are high they will not want to spend as much time and money on security as they should.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

What I am being taught (IT security focus degree) is each office that has a budget has to handle their own cyber security, there is no umbrella protection for the FED.

So if your manager only understands monkey push button monkey get banana, odds are high they will not want to spend as much time and money on security as they should.

But the FBI has a Cyber Division.

Who has been the director of that Division? Who oversees it?

What have they been doing for the last few years besides drawing a government paycheck?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
In light of what has been happening, I was reminded of what happened under Obama in the couple of years before he left office and this thread came to mind. (Sent chills up my spine re-reading it.)

Obama and Lynch also performed some hokey pokey with intelligence sharing just days before walking out of the White House.

Think of all the stuff that man has on everybody in government. Information has been weaponized.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Thanks queenofswords for the OP, is about time that real news starts to come forward and step over the sensationalized leaks that most of the time are baseless.

It is something about the whole witch hunt against Trump that doesn't fit well with me, something big that the Democrats do not want Trump to uncover about their corruption of the last 8 years.

The leaker or leakers need to be hunted down and exposed because is not just leaks but also a lot of misinformation that Is causing damage to our nation.

Russia is laughing at the chaos the FBI is finding themselves in.

Fake news of misinformation has been inundating the news media and for the sole reason of divert attention to the real corruption that took hold of Washington.

Is a new trend that now is running the nation where been conservative is a sin, Free speech now is only the sole right of liberals and liberal media, everybody else is been fought with violence and viciousness.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Just dropping of George Webbs latest as it has a new part as to uncovering "hacks/leaks within the Govt .

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I did some digging for one of my classes and they apparently found out what happened with the opm hack.

They forgot to remove some contractors system access and that is how the chinese managed to gain access to release their malware.

The only reason it got caught a new person was brought in to run the office, and she insisted on updating the security software and that is what found the hack, it lasted something like 6 months before it was caught.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well damn. Thats a big deal. They could study someone, kill em, swap them with someone else and walk into many places.

Scary

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join