It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please remember the OPM Data Breach under Obama's administration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There may be some serious repercussions from this that have yet to be made public. This OP is just to remind folks of what happened around 2014/2015 under Obama's second term, and under light of various important threads over the last few months, to get some of the better sleuths here putting some of it together.

I will use basic info from Wikipedia for now:

What does the Office of Personnel Management do exactly?

Among other things,

The OPM is also responsible for a large part of the management of security clearances (Federal Investigative Services a/k/a FIS conducts these investigations) for the United States Government.

The OPM is responsible for investigating individuals to give them Secret and Top Secret clearances

What was the 2015 Data Breach of the OPM?

In June 2015, the Office of Personnel Management announced that it had discovered in April 2015 that it had been hacked more than a year earlier in a data breach, resulting in the theft of approximately 4 million personnel records handled by the office.[15] The Washington Post has reported that the attack originated in China, citing unnamed government officials.[16] By July 9, 2015 the estimate of stolen records had increased to 21.5 million, including those of current government personnel and people who had undergone background checks.[17]

New updates regarding this security breach came to light on September 24, 2015. The agency then indicated that addition evidence showed that 5.6 million people's fingerprints were stolen as part of the hacks, more than five times the 1.1 million originally estimated. The total number of individuals whose records were disclosed in whole or part, including Social Security numbers and addresses, remained at 21.5 million.[18]

So, not only was millions of records stolen about government personnel, unnamed sources told the Washington Post that it originated in China. So, we are supposed to believe that tidbit of information because....well..."unnamed sources" told us so. (That guy gets around!?)

Please re-read those last externally-linked paragraphs, and let it sink in. Pick out the juicy parts, if you will, that make your ATS conspiracy antennae tingle. Then, digest the part about fingerprints.

That was 17 months ago that this came to light.

From the FBI Director:

Comey said: "It is a very big deal from a national security perspective and from a counterintelligence perspective. It’s a treasure trove of information about everybody who has worked for, tried to work for, or works for the United States government."[71]

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I had commented in another thread that Trump seems to be trying open a can of worms but is being pushed back and attacked ...More like a super tanker full of worms , truth be told ...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I won't forget about it.. we should be keeping our eyes on this topic.

Although I doubt Obama will be touched.. he's very well protected after he was "such a good boy" as Puppetdent

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm glad you showed up, the2ofusr1.

President Trump needs The People to stand with him right now. He has some serious national security issues to deal with and I don't think we know the half of it.

Did you know that Obama has set up a 501(c)3 & 4 to fight against President Trump's efforts every chance he can and to flood the courts with lawsuits.

Information is gold in today's world. So many ways to use it....if you know what I mean.
edit on 24-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I won't forget about it.. we should be keeping our eyes on this topic.

Although I doubt Obama will be touched.. he's very well protected after he was "such a good boy" as Puppetdent

Please don't forget about it.

In the coming weeks and months, you will reflect back on the ramifications of this serious information theft and remember when it happened....the second term of BHO's administration. That will be important.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Are you proposing that this will become a largely publicized scandal and the sellout media won't be able to keep it quiet when ramifications come to the forefront?

Can you expand on why you believe this to be the case?

I'm not doubting you, you just piqued my interst

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

What I find incredible is the amount of layers to it all.www.abovetopsecret.com... leads to another to another where it becomes so mind numbing to follow and keep track of . Little bits here and little bits there and then big chunks like your op are all related ...Not only are we kept from exposing them because of our limited ability but even the POTUS ... Taking the time to watch this YT vid tells us all we need to know just how powerful these unknown people really are www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

What I find incredible is the amount of layers to it all.www.abovetopsecret.com... leads to another to another where it becomes so mind numbing to follow and keep track of . Little bits here and little bits there and then big chunks like your op are all related ...Not only are we kept from exposing them because of our limited ability but even the POTUS ... Taking the time to watch this YT vid tells us all we need to know just how powerful these unknown people really are www.youtube.com...

Thanks for that YouTube!! Yes....layers upon layers. It reminded me that Bob Creamer had visited Obama's WH 340 times, the last time being June 2016. Yes....lots of criminal elements have been put in place. So....again:

Remember the OPM had responsibility for security clearances and background checks. Remember, identities were stolen, information regarding addresses, family members, and other personal identifying information was stolen. Remember, FINGERPRINTS were stolen.

Talk about a swamp!! The clean-out is not going to be easy. It extends from government to some within the media.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You know, along with what was stolen, I have to wonder if there was anything added into the database that should not have been there.

Or what may have been modified.

That's something I never see mentioned in regards to this legitimate hack.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

You make a very good point . Another thing that has to be infused into this kind of revelation is what do other cultures take away from this info . Take for example this side note for context

Dr Bouthaina Shaaban, Political and Media Advisor to Syrian President, Bashar Al Assad A recently declassified CIA document prepared in 1983, and released on 20 January 2017, shows that the United States had at the time encouraged Saddam Hussein to attack Syria, which would have led to a vicious conflict between the two countries, thus draining their resources.
21stcenturywire.com... Its easy to gravitate to the western memes and culture but what about the way our other brothers and sisters think about stuff .

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
You know, along with what was stolen, I have to wonder if there was anything added into the database that should not have been there.

Or what may have been modified.

That's something I never see mentioned in regards to this legitimate hack.

Hmmm...that is definitely something to ponder.

I'm wondering now if many of the people working in our government, especially ones hired since this personal information was stolen, are actually who they say they are. Have our government agencies been infiltrated using stolen ID?

Now....to make matters worse, connect this one from the IRS to all the above information:

The US Internal Revenue Service said last week that the number of records it lost in a 2015 data breach is higher than it previously thought. When the agency first announced in May 2015 that hackers had broken into its website and stolen tax transcripts, it said that about 100,000 people were affected. It bumped that number up to 334,000 last August, and now says the number of records stolen is actually 724,000.
And it gets worse. To protect the victims of the data breach from further harm, the IRS provided them with “Identity Protection PINs.” The PINs are secret codes those taxpayers now have to put on all of their tax returns, or the IRS won’t accept them. As long as they keep their PINs secret, they should be safe from fraud.

qz.com...

Did the media cover all this at the time, other than a few blurbs here and there?

Wow! 2014-2016 was a busy year for ID theft within the government.

edit on 24-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Add this piece of information to all the above, and file it away in the margins of your mind....for now:

Seventeen political Obama appointments across eight different agencies converted to career positions without receiving the required Office of Personnel Management (OPM) approval.

Several federal agencies are accelerating hiring in the final days of the Obama administration to ensure that as many new employees as possible are in place before President-elect Donald Trump imposes a promised hiring freeze.

Flurry of new hires last months of Obama

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I'm wondering now if many of the people working in our government, especially ones hired since this personal information was stolen
Pepe Escobar calls them the masters of the universe ...We watch their puppets .picture Russia ww2 and the US running tech/product/and strategy to destroy Germany ...What we are seeing are small slow pics . N.S.E.W. Well at least that is where it has to move to ...A one (1) world Govt. cant or may not be able to make its entrance until it has subdued the N.S.E. Govts. ....watch for the little horn ..Qatar ? .....IC is their domain ...we watch their puppets

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

K ...

The US Internal Revenue Service said last week that the number of records it lost in a 2015 data breach is higher than it previously thought. When the agency first announced in May 2015 that hackers had broken into its website and stolen tax transcripts, it said that about 100,000 people were affected. It bumped that number up to 334,000 last August, and now says the number of records stolen is actually 724,000.
I want to enter into the thread a (happening) on ATS a few years back ...I am wondering if this post will get suicide-ded
....It happened when the site was down coincidentally at the same time the US Govt. shut down ...There were a bunch of threads at the time that got 404ed and members vanished ...

I wonder if that Chinese hack might of shut down ATS and our data was stolen much like the Govt.'s was ...If this thread survives ,it might get better then the puppet show

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Wow! 2014-2016 was a busy year for ID theft within the government.
Too bad so sad ...there may actually be 10 legal me's out there
....I have a credit rating of the equivalent to absolute zero ... My last name is associated with cop killers .
not my problem) but especially is for anyone trying to get into the US ..Oh wait that legal thing that the Donald was trying to get passed would have stopped a me ....so yea carry on ...what could go wrong US ...I am sure you guys are just over reacting .. better yet we will call it being triggered ....there op watch out for the left flood

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Thank you so much for this post, queenofswords! I'm one of the 21.5 million from the OPM hack.

The info stolen is said to be of a nature that one's grandchildren could still be effected. In the meantime, we were sent letters that basically say: this happens, so sorry but heck, we're giving you 2 years of free credit/ID monitoring. Ostensibly, the 2 year limit was due to finances but it's not unreasonable to ask what other reasons could be behind this.
Either way, this is not cool. Not cool at all.

I might point also out that the OPM hack victims (at least I and the others thsat I am aware of) didn't get a PIN for tax forms or other critical purposes, which fits into your implications when you consider that the info stolen was was of a potentially more critical/damaging nature than the IRS hack.

With respect to the credit/id monitoring company, although I understand that with 21.5 million people you can't tell them all to use the monitor company of their own choosing due to paperwork and finances alone, in light of what we're discussing here, can one trust a a government contract company to actually protect our interests? I'd speculate that they'd hire a company that would cover tracks up. Again, not cool.

I'm not a vindictive person but this has me wanting to see a few heads roll. It won't retrieve and secure anyone's data but it would be nice to finally see some justice done.

Again, thanks. Much appreciated! I will be tracking this and related posts as time passes.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wizzz0001

Thank you so much for this post, queenofswords! I'm one of the 21.5 million from the OPM hack.

The info stolen is said to be of a nature that one's grandchildren could still be effected. In the meantime, we were sent letters that basically say: this happens, so sorry but heck, we're giving you 2 years of free credit/ID monitoring. Ostensibly, the 2 year limit was due to finances but it's not unreasonable to ask what other reasons could be behind this.
Either way, this is not cool. Not cool at all.

I might point also out that the OPM hack victims (at least I and the others thsat I am aware of) didn't get a PIN for tax forms or other critical purposes, which fits into your implications when you consider that the info stolen was was of a potentially more critical/damaging nature than the IRS hack.

With respect to the credit/id monitoring company, although I understand that with 21.5 million people you can't tell them all to use the monitor company of their own choosing due to paperwork and finances alone, in light of what we're discussing here, can one trust a a government contract company to actually protect our interests? I'd speculate that they'd hire a company that would cover tracks up. Again, not cool.

I'm not a vindictive person but this has me wanting to see a few heads roll. It won't retrieve and secure anyone's data but it would be nice to finally see some justice done.

Again, thanks. Much appreciated! I will be tracking this and related posts as time passes.

Thank you for posting!

I feel for you! Knowing information is out there about you and your family that has been stolen for purposes you can't even begin to fathom must be nerve-racking!

Were you among those whose FINGERPRINTS were also stolen?

Please take this piece of information with you after this thread is long gone into the ATS void: Remember, when this happened....the second term of Barack Obama's administration. Try to put some of the pieces together regarding all the huge hacks that took place between 2014 and 2016. Remember.
edit on 25-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Try to put some of the pieces together regarding all the huge hacks that took place between 2014 and 2016. Remember.
We were told they are hacks but we also know of insiders stealing data .I am thinking about the most recent revelations of the 3 brothers ...That story is very big that is getting very little play .Could it be that the OP was not a hack ? The meme seems to be that Russia hacking today but Chinese hacking yesterday .The NK hacking Sony meme went bust .Are tptb using lost data stolen by insiders to create the Hack meme and foist the masses contempt towards the boogy man of the day ... As one poster put it ,..what not to say there was false data included in the leaks to give to your enemy to make them think .........?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yup i was one of the 22+ million people..

As a microcosm, I have friends that used to do IT security for the FED, and they took demotions to get out of the field because the supervision did not want to spend the money to actually secure the network, and the data at their base. They preferred "Saving" money so it looks better on their yearly assessment.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Yup i was one of the 22+ million people..

As a microcosm, I have friends that used to do IT security for the FED, and they took demotions to get out of the field because the supervision did not want to spend the money to actually secure the network, and the data at their base. They preferred "Saving" money so it looks better on their yearly assessment.

Were you one of the ones whose FINGERPRINTS were stolen along with your data?
edit on 25-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join