It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk talks about aliens at the world government summit 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Elon Musk brings up the subject of AI during his interview at the world government forum 2017. He states that deep AI could potentially be dangerous to humanity. He than compares AI to earth being visited by aliens. So Elon Musk assumes that whenever aliens would visit our world, they won't come in peace. Later during his interview he is asked whether he thinks aliens exist and whether the're already observing us. Elon replies by asking: "maybe the aliens are already amongst us". (interview itself starts at arround 1 minute

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

"...There are already super intelligent aliens observing us..." says Elon ET Musk....

*jk

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Being he is in the secret corporate world of technology, and what his corporation does, I would think if there are aliens, he would be one to know?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
...there's a "World Government Summit"? Why wasn't I invited? I find that even more intriguing than what Musk had to speculate...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Right and after they blew up his rocket last year No wonder he thinks they're hostile...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Right and after they blew up his rocket last year No wonder he thinks they're hostile...

Lol. It seems UFO's only blow up rockets when there is something on-board that they do not approve of.
edit on 24-2-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

His subtle remarks have now confirmed for me that shape shifting reptilians live among us and are ruling our world and eating our children. I always knew it, my gut never lies, my intuition is always true. Now I must go back to my bunker.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

"...There are already super intelligent aliens observing us..." says Elon ET Musk....

*jk

Wrong, he said IF there where super intelligent aliens they would probable be watching us without we could detect it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Maybe the aliens do not believe in privately owned rockets...everything must come from the government where they control what flies into space.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

That jk at the bottom is short for: just kidding

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

*jk

Wrong, he said IF there where super intelligent aliens they would probable be watching us without we could detect it.

He/She was joking

There was something in his voice, like he carefully picked his words. Sounds nothing with his fluent speeches before.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Even the Senior Boomers I know now accept that there are more advanced humans with superior technology and they simply fly craft = to airplanes ...they do have the user friendly internet to...lol...no more spooky BS....lol...many more of them disbelieve what they have been taught than even I anticipated ...I assumed the 60's built a lot of critical minds less willing to buy TPTB party-line.....but they have far outpaced my expectations.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
if they are amongst us..... he is one of them! i like him though from his app in BB theory.... so hes prob a good alien

he also said this "He added: “If there are super intelligent aliens out there they are probably already observing us.

“We are just not smart enough to realise it.

"Any advanced alien civilisation that was at all interested in populating the galaxy, even without exceeding the speed of light, at say 10 or 20 per cent of the speed of light, you could populate the entire galaxy in 20 million years max.

“That is nothing in the grand scheme of things.”
www.express.co.uk...

Sounds like we ARE on the Truman Show!!!
edit on 26-2-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Maybe the aliens are unwilling to communicate with humanity down to the way we act towards one another never mind how we treat the rest of the planet?

Possibly "they" are already in our vicinity/backyard and are simply waiting until humanity creates an intelligence capable of interacting or communicating with them in a logically consistent manner that us mere humans are as of yet incapable of establishing?

One thing is pretty much for sure, the universe is not empty, we are here, and if we exist then others do also. To assume otherwise is simply shear arrogance on our part given the grand scale of the reality that surrounds us.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirBlackKnight
Elon replies by asking: "maybe the aliens are already amongst us". (interview itself starts at arround 1 minute

The latest research on the abduction cases shows a pattern where human looking alien beings are being integrated into the society, they even get 'jobs' and all.

So yeah, he's not wrong about that.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Oh dear..

I think that the issue here is that his point, that hyper-intelligent AI would be little different than "aliens," is being taken quite out of context.

Normally not much of an issue, and its quite common, but his actual point is important enough that it merits discussion. Taking it completely out of context to support an "agenda" is likely to obfuscate and dominate the discussion that should result from this.

I mean, I think its certainly a possibility that not only do aliens exist, but they might even be "here." But the point of super-intelligent AI being just as foreign is a facet that will impact everything from how we should approach that relationship to how we should really understand the programming itself to what extent it would be wise to pursue it in the first place.

I think the implications and repercussions of creating something that is "intellectually" superior and is so foreign as to be totally alien is a prudent conversation to have. As a species, we sometimes do things just because we can, but this particular bell can not be unrung.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Elon Musk? bloody Elon Musk?? what the hell do they call his wife? Fem Fresh??

That is the dodgiest name ive ever heard! hmmm there was that Captain Hyman Shocker that sounded a bit off oh well it's an odd world.
signed old spice.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

I'd never heard of it, either.

Apparently, this is their website, a dot org, now in the planning stage for 2018: World Government Summit 2018.

top topics

join