It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin cannot make Crimea part of Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Several million Russian citizens live in Crimea. Crimea is part of Russia's southern federal district. He cannot pay these people money to move to mainland Russia.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Umm, okay? Why would he even want to give part of his country to a hostile foreign power?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

As bargain for the US to drop sanctions?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wwefan4

Wow, give me a little bit to digest all of the great explosive points you brought to the table. Also, let me check in on all the sources you provided that brings up all these new points none of us have seen before I become part of what's sure to be the hottest thread today.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wwefan4
a reply to: Ohanka

LOL I can hear the Russian accent!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: wwefan4

That will not happen because Putin is playing the long game . The sanctions hurt the EU more then it hurt Russia and may have actually helped Russia to make a decision they have long avoided doing .Their forced decision is starting to show positive results ,something that was always suggested it would do but that there was little political will to do .

Now that they have crossed that bridge and building the bridges needed for the new policy ,they are seeing results that tell them it was a move they should have made years ago . Besides ,sanctions don't work ...Just look at Cuba or Iran or even North Korea .

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
The sanctions hurt the EU more then it hurt Russia and may have actually helped Russia to make a decision they have long avoided doing .

Try not to rewrite reality. Putin's actions have resulted in punitive economic sanctions that have killed the Russian economy.

To the OP. Russia is a long expert in shipping out and replacing whole populations with Russians. That aside, Crimea was part of Ukraine's sovereign territory until it was invaded and annexed by Russian troops. Crimea was populated by ethnic Tartars only a few decades ago until they were deported.

Kaliningrad was once populated by Germans until they were deported, now just good ethnic Russians.

Anyway, the EU sanctions

top topics

join