It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House COS Priebus asked FBI to dispute media reports of Trump Russian connections

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

I keep wondering if Trump is going to last 6 months before impeachment proceedings start. He's going to destroy himself if he keeps circumventing government procedures and restricting various news organizations from press conferences. He's making decisions like the U.S. is an authoritarian system of government. If he continues down this path, his house of cards will eventually collapse.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

What I wrote in the post to which you are responding, would save ANY nation that enacted it fully, vast amounts of its yearly outgoings. In Britain, corporate corruption affecting every government department, costs our taxpayers hundreds of times what our welfare budget costs, which includes budgets for dealing with immigration, and immigrants.

The truth is, any nation prepared to absolutely banish all private interests from its government and civil service, replacing all self interested parties with ACTUAL servants of the people, not self serving hypocrites, would result in a government so comparatively cheap to run, that government would be able to EASILY absorb any number of migrants, any number of elderly, deal adequately with the sick and the mentally ill, deal properly with its veterans, deal correctly with infrastructural projects. What I am saying is that without corporate influence being inflicted upon government, government would be so cheap as to produce a situation of absolute abundance.

But things are not done that way, corruption and fraud are accepted, as long as it is the already wealthy who are doing it.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

No one, including POTUS, has the right to contravene the FBI into making political statements.

Period.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The FBI serves the government. The FBI serves the public. If a story is fake, such as Russia hacked Podesta, then the president has every right to request the FBI denounced the story publicly. The FBI should not be a secretive organization. It is, after all, the FEDERAL investigation bureau.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

If his lips are moving he's lying. It's pretty easy to tell.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Haha

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: danceGO
The FBI serves the government. The FBI serves the public. If a story is fake, such as Russia hacked Podesta, then the president has every right to request the FBI denounced the story publicly. The FBI should not be a secretive organization. It is, after all, the FEDERAL investigation bureau.

... and if the President and his campaign are involved in or are the subjects of an on-going investigation?

You can probably see how taking directions from the President regarding that matter might be a bit of a conflict.

The FBI is a part of the government, supposedly independent of politics. The government (all of it, including Trump) is supposed to serve the People.

Important distinction.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

#2 the FBI said they CANT do that.

I don't know where the idea that they didn't find any wrong doing came from. It's certainly not true.
They are not done investigating..

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Donald Trump is not under investigation. An investigation requires a basis for it. There is no basis for an investigation on Donald Trump. As an example, I did not murder, so FBI has no right to investigate me for murder.

Typically, for politicians, FBI only has the right to investigate if that politician becomes a suspect after investigative journalists found something credible to investigate.
edit on 25-2-2017 by danceGO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: danceGO

It's been determined for sure that Russia hacked pedestal and the DNC.

Denial is not just a river deary.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Donald Trump is not under investigation. An investigation requires a basis for it. There is no basis for an investigation on Donald Trump. As an example, I did not murder, so FBI has no right to investigate me for murder.

Typically, for politicians, FBI only has the right to investigate if that politician becomes a suspect after investigative journalists found something credible to investigate.

Are you speaking from known facts or beliefs and opinions. Careful, you don't want to drift over into "fake" information.

There's been plenty of information from multiple sources that suggest that the President's campaign was a subject in various investigations.

I can provide the links if you wish to dispute that.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
To be clear, Donald Trump is not under investigation for treason. There is no basis for it. Investigative journalists do not say he is a suspect. So FBI has no right to investigate him. It is not the job of FBI to investigate everyone in the US for murder. That is not the FBI's purpose. The FBI investigates someone IF AND ONLY IF that person is a SUSPECT. Donald Trump is not a SUSPECT, so FBI has no right to investigate him.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

To be clear, Donald Trump is not under investigation for treason. There is no basis for it. Investigative journalists do not say he is a suspect. So FBI has no right to investigate him. It is not the job of FBI to investigate everyone in the US for murder. That is not the FBI's purpose. The FBI investigates someone IF AND ONLY IF that person is a SUSPECT. Donald Trump is not a SUSPECT, so FBI has no right to investigate him.

To be even more clear ... how do you know who is under investigation for what? Do you work for the Justice Department?

How do you know there's no basis for investigation? Mike Flynn lied to the Vice President and lied to the American people when he said he hasn't contacted Russian agents.

Your description of the FBI's mission is a bit ... lacking.

Here's the real one:

The mission of the FBI is to protect and defend the United States against terrorist and foreign intelligence threats, to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of the United States, and to provide leadership and criminal justice services to federal, state, municipal, and international agencies and partners; and to perform these responsibilities in a manner that is responsive to the needs of the public and is faithful to the Constitution of the United States.

FBI Mission Statement

At any rate, you seem to be repeating your opinion ... which is fine. I'd love to see facts to back it up.
edit on 25-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Quote

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Donald trump is under investigation .

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Wow. Just wow.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Oh Dance ... I notice you are a freshly-minted ATS member as of today's date!

Welcome.

Feel free to ignore my questions ... I don't want you to be overwhelmed on your first day.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Any investigation should be time limited. We don't need FBI doing a 100 years investigation. The FBI can be charged with treason putting tax money into their pockets in the name of doing a fake investigation.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wwefan4

Yes they did. Some refuse to believe it.
Or admit it. Depends on your viewpoint.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Innocent unless proven guilty. Put up or shut up.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The FBI is not above the law. If the FBI does a fake 100 years investigation solely for the purpose of putting tax money into their pockets, then can be charged for treason and corruption and dragged in the streets and stoned. The US is a country of law.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join