It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House COS Priebus asked FBI to dispute media reports of Trump Russian connections

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I think what hes doing is worthy of applause.

Since when has anyone, and I mean ANYONE on this site trusted the FBI or CIA?

Donald Trump has proven yet again he is a person and not a politician by saying what were all thinking.

How many of you here wish that when you posted about wanting answers to 9/11 or benghazi or the intelligence that said Iraq had WMDs it was picked up by the MSM so that it was brought to light?

How many of you bagging Trump over this truly believe the FBI to be an honest agency that puts Americans first?

As little as I trust the FBI, I still trust them more than Trump.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Olivine

More importantly, by lambasting the FBI the day after it was reported his admin unsuccessfully tried to bully FBI into lying to the public

#1 - No one was lambasted. They were called out for not finding the leaks.
#2 - His administration did not bully the FBI. They made a request that they come out publicly since the FBI had found no wrongdoing.
#3 - Lying? That is your opinion. No one was asked to lie. You are putting out fake news.

Trump 'lambasted' them in tweets. Trump often lambasts anything that displeases him in tweets.

Priebus attempted to pressure the FBI into commenting, in a favorable way, towards the WH during an ongoing investigation, on the topic that is the investigation.

This all happened, so it is real. You may not like it, but it doesn't make it fake. I think this concept has been explained on this site many times.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ask yourselves this.
If there is nothing to the Trump-team-having-connections-to-Russia news, why doesn't Trump immediately de-classify all the gathered intelligence to clear his name and put this matter to rest?

He has the authority to do so.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm not a news organization. Impossible for my comments to be 'fake news'.

Criticism of Trump is not 'fake news', it is criticism.

Yet it is your opinion against someone you disagree withs opinion? Am I right?

So you can either learn to agree to disagree, or you can become a political zealot who becomes radicalized by your political beliefs because you don't have the courage to take a loooong hard look at yourself in that mirror?

Not sure you understand what drawing that line in the sand due to your political stance is actually going to accomplish!

That's all I am saying!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If an investigation that lasted a year find nothing, then that means there is nothing to investigation. We do know this. FBI does useless investigations to put tax payer money into their pockets. That's corruption.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Ask yourselves this.
How about I ask my own questions and if to you then how about you answer them . I have asked you twice the same question ,,,

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: TrueBrit
I'm standing right next to you, brother, watching.

a reply to: damwel

I agree. It is frightening that his supporters do not recognize his authoritarianism.

I recall Candidate Trump making debate statements like, "As President, the ____________ will do what I tell them to do."

That attitude is comes from being a business owner...and a very successful one at that. I don't think he had any idea of how government REALLY works. Only that it is an entity that takes money, and gave regulations in return.

I'm thankful that Donald Trump didn't know what he's now experiencing, or the man would not have ran for President! By now, we'd be re-entering GRIDLOCK hell, courtesy of Hillary.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

it was reported his admin unsuccessfully tried to bully FBI into lying to the public
Could you please provide a citation for your statement ...

The articles linked are in the OP and the quote is also in the OP. There is your map.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I agree. It is frightening that his supporters do not recognize his authoritarianism.

I recall Candidate Trump making debate statements like, "As President, the ____________ will do what I tell them to do."

That attitude is comes from being a business owner...and a very successful one at that. I don't think he had any idea of how government REALLY works. Only that it is an entity that takes money, and gave regulations in return.

I'm thankful that Donald Trump didn't know what he's now experiencing, or the man would not have ran for President! By now, we'd be re-entering GRIDLOCK hell, courtesy of Hillary.

You are thankful he doesn't know how government works? I was waiting for someone to twist this into a positive. LOL

He still THINKS __________ will do something because he tells them to. Then when ________ doesn't, he has a tantrum. Then he goes on twitter. This time 2 accounts so he could see twice the favorites and retweets from his brainwashed followers to make him feel better.
edit on 24-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Did I miss something congress passed? Like Obamacare repeal, infrastructure, lock her up, immigration, tax structure, that beautiful wall. Oh, you mean executive orders. Well immigration eo is meeting gridlock through the justice system.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I think what hes doing is worthy of applause.

Since when has anyone, and I mean ANYONE on this site trusted the FBI or CIA?

Donald Trump has proven yet again he is a person and not a politician by saying what were all thinking.

How many of you here wish that when you posted about wanting answers to 9/11 or benghazi or the intelligence that said Iraq had WMDs it was picked up by the MSM so that it was brought to light?

I also want Answers to his ties with Russia. we cant want answers then and not now.
This only proves the hypocrisy of the Donald.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You are thankful he doesn't know how government works? I was waiting for someone to twist this into a positive. LOL

WTF are you even talking about?

Government IS the problem!

Guess you haven't paid attention to how far in debt our country is, or how many people are without jobs?

I guess MORE government is what you want???????
edit on 24-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Guess you haven't paid attention to how far in debt our country is, or how many people are without jobs?

I said he doesn't know how the government functions. I didn't say anything about more government or debt.

The only explanation for your response is you think Trump should get rid of the government and then he won't have to know how it works.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: wwefan4

But it is time consuming and expensive. That's gridlock.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

More importantly, by lambasting the FBI the day after it was reported his admin unsuccessfully tried to bully FBI into lying to the public

#1 - No one was lambasted. They were called out for not finding the leaks.
#2 - His administration did not bully the FBI. They made a request that they come out publicly since the FBI had found no wrongdoing.
#3 - Lying? That is your opinion. No one was asked to lie. You are putting out fake news.

#1 - While no one was physically beaten, his harsh criticism and censure certainly fits the definition of "lambasted"

lam·baste
lamˈbāst,lamˈbast/Submit
verb
verb: lambast
criticize (someone or something) harshly.
"they lambasted the report as a gross distortion of the truth"
synonyms: criticize, chastise, censure, take to task, harangue, rail at, rant at, fulminate against; More

lambaste or lambast
[lam-beyst, -bast]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
verb (used with object), lambasted, lambasting. Informal.
to beat or whip severely.
2. to reprimand or berate harshly; censure; excoriate.

#2 - The Trump Administration was wrong to ask the FBI to refute the Russian connection. Why? Because it is still an open investigation. They are still gathering intelligence and it is premature to say "they found no wrongdoing." I can't say that the nature of it was "bullying" but to make even a "request" was outside the bounds of what should be done during an open investigation - the White House is in the wrong for this.

#3 - As to whether or not the FBI would be "lying" there is the report that Manafort. one time campaign head for Mr. Trump. was ripe for blackmail by Russia. Flynn had contacts with Russia pre and post election, prior to his swearing in as National Security Advisor. The White House may claim the "constant contact" with "Russian Intelligence" is not true, but the FBI may have information that someone like Rince Prebus isn't privy to, like recordings of phone conversations, intercepted emails, etc. It is very possible that if the FBI came out to dispute this claim that they would be lying and hampering their own investigation and conclusions at a later date. Manafort Faced Blackmail Over Russian Connections

If the campaign advisors did nothing wrong and had no contacts in any form with Russian Intelligence, it will be discovered in due time. This is a relatively new investigation. Give it time. They may well be exonerated in a few weeks or months. The point is, right now, they are still figuring things out.

peace,
AB

edit on 24-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I said he doesn't know how the government functions. I didn't say anything about more government or debt.

The only explanation for your response is you think Trump should get rid of the government and then he won't have to know how it works.

You guessed WRONG!

Smaller government does not mean NO Government!

Do you want community activists and lawyers to continue to run this country into oblivion?

Never mind.............

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I've already given 4 sources to this story, but if you require one with that specific language, will this do?
Cover Up:Tricky Trump Tries to Bully FBI into Denying Russia Stories
White House Tried to Interfere with FBI Investigation of White House, Officials Say
White House violated restrictions when it asked FBI to kill Trump-Russia stories: CNN
edit on 2/24/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

ETA: Off to an appointment, will check back in a few hours.
edit on 2/24/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join