It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House COS Priebus asked FBI to dispute media reports of Trump Russian connections

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

White House chief of staff Reince Priebus asked a top FBI official to dispute media reports that President Donald Trump's campaign advisers were frequently in touch with Russian intelligence agents during the election, a White House official said.

The FBI refused.

The White House is not permitted to pressure any agency with an ongoing investigation. Remember your Watergate history.
Now, the Trump administration is pissed.

This morning POTUS went on another of his infamous Twitter tirades. He also reiterated his frustrations on his official @POTUS account.

Trump didn't seem to have a problem with leaks when they were to his benefit. He mentioned Wikileaks favorably 164 times in the last month of his campaign.

More importantly, by lambasting the FBI the day after it was reported his admin unsuccessfully tried to bully FBI into lying to the public, isn't very savvy. It implies that the information under investigation (Team Trump has Russian government connections) is true.

This POTUS is in serious trouble.

Additional links:
Fortune
USNews

edit on 2/24/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
He truly seems to believe he can do anything he wants

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

I am looking forward to watching that cretin burned alive by his own stupidity.

My only hope is that he hurts no innocents in the process.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
I'm standing right next to you, brother, watching.

a reply to: damwel

I agree. It is frightening that his supporters do not recognize his authoritarianism.

edit on 2/24/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Trump's mouth is going to end up ruining him. Oh well. You live by the controversy, you die by it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I agree. Stop wasting tax dollars on a fictitious story. Why not spend 10 years investigation me for murder, something I did not do? How about that?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You can't blame the beast for its nature. This is squarely American voters responsibility. He never lied about what he is.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

More importantly, by lambasting the FBI the day after it was reported his admin unsuccessfully tried to bully FBI into lying to the public

#1 - No one was lambasted. They were called out for not finding the leaks.
#2 - His administration did not bully the FBI. They made a request that they come out publicly since the FBI had found no wrongdoing.
#3 - Lying? That is your opinion. No one was asked to lie. You are putting out fake news.

edit on 24-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

it was reported his admin unsuccessfully tried to bully FBI into lying to the public
[/quote Citation please ...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think what hes doing is worthy of applause.

Since when has anyone, and I mean ANYONE on this site trusted the FBI or CIA?

Donald Trump has proven yet again he is a person and not a politician by saying what were all thinking.

How many of you here wish that when you posted about wanting answers to 9/11 or benghazi or the intelligence that said Iraq had WMDs it was picked up by the MSM so that it was brought to light?

How many of you bagging Trump over this truly believe the FBI to be an honest agency that puts Americans first?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Well the previous leaks weren't coming from the FBI supposedly, for one. Secondly, they weren't targeting the White House. Should I continue? Basic critical thinking fail, but good job on not drooling all over your keyboard to the point it wouldn't work.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
FBI? Agents Fox Mulder and Scully? What a bunch of losers.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

#1 Your opinion.
#2 The investigation is ongoing. Why would the FBI announce a finding of 'no wrongdoing'?
#3 If it is my opinion, how is that 'fake news'? You can't have it both ways, lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: queenofswords

#1 Your opinion.
#2 The investigation is ongoing. Why would the FBI announce a finding of 'no wrongdoing'?
#3 If it is my opinion, how is that 'fake news'? You can't have it both ways, lol.

Exactly! Do you have a mirror?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

It's the irony or hypocrisy, depending on your view. Trump and republicans made a bid deal of Clinton meeting Lynch on the tarp to discuss the investigation. And here this admin did the same thing.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151
Sweet personal attack.

Show your work, if you disagree that the WH was pushing the FBI to publically refute the media reports.

FYI, this latest dust-up was leaked by...the white house.

CNN broke this story yesterday. Read the 1st paragraph.

Washington (CNN)The FBI rejected a recent White House request to publicly knock down media reports about communications between Donald Trump's associates and Russians known to US intelligence during the 2016 presidential campaign, multiple US officials briefed on the matter tell CNN.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Russia did not hack Podesta. Someone else did. No, the US intel did not determine Russia did it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm not a news organization. Impossible for my comments to be 'fake news'.

Criticism of Trump is not 'fake news', it is criticism.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Oh I can DEFINITELY blame him for his nature.

I can also wish that those who voted for him, see how bloody stupid they were to do so.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

it was reported his admin unsuccessfully tried to bully FBI into lying to the public
Could you please provide a citation for your statement ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join