It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions’ Coming War on Legal Marijuana (Is Here)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Your point?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
It isn't even medically legal in my state. Because of this I have to eat 3500 calories a day to maintain my weight. We have to keep a VERY close eye on my cholesterol and blood pressure due to the amounts of food I eat. This was all caused by mesh rejection from surgery.

My doctor asked me to try mj, if I could find some. I used it for 2 years. Gained weight, got to go back to a healthy diet, all vitamin levels normal, energy was great, almost never sick!

Fast forward and my place of employment adds a drug testing policy: I'm back to eating 3500 calories a day, taking max does of B12 & Vit D, no energy, always nausea.

But because the government can't get it's stuff together, I can't take any medicine. Just kill myself with calories instead

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sean Spicer seemed to tie marijuana use to opioids. The evidence isn’t on his side.
I mean duh... The gateway drug theory has been disproven so many times that it elicits eye rolls from anyone who you try to pitch that argument to. Most don't take it very seriously anymore.

The epidemic of opioid addiction in the United States has been well documented. A staggering 33,000 people died in 2015 from overdosing on prescription painkillers, heroin or similar drugs, on par with the number killed by firearms and in car accidents.

The epidemic is growing, but its general causes are not in dispute. Nearly all research on the issue shows that excessive and improper prescriptions are what’s causing more people to become addicted.

Spicer's words:

“When you see something like the opioid addiction crisis blossoming in so many states around this country,” Spicer said, “the last thing we should be doing is encouraging people. There’s a federal law that we need to abide by when it comes to recreational marijuana and other drugs of that nature.”

Spicer’s remarks drew rebukes from a chorus of outraged marijuana advocates. The press secretary “contradicted known science and medical research by tacitly pinning the blame for the country’s heroin problem on marijuana,” the pro-pot magazine High Times wrote. The National Cannabis Industry Association had a similar take. “Science has discredited the idea that marijuana serves as any kind of gateway drug,” executive director Aaron Smith said, “and the addiction and death rates associated with opioids simply do not occur in any way with cannabis.”

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
How can you come out as a champion on States' rights for Trans rights but demand federal enforcement for marijuana?

Because it's a federal law!
How is this so hard to grasp?
Trump said it would be a law and order administration.
If we feel the law is unjust it's up to us to fight it and change it.
You conveniently seem to have left the quote out where Sessions said.

“If that’s something that’s not desired any longer Congress should pass a law to change the rule. It is not the Attorney General’s job to decide what laws to enforce.”

So who should we fight?
The people that make the laws?
Or the guy who has the job of upholding the laws?

This is correct, it is Sessions' job to enforce the law, not to determine if it is good or bad. I am thinking . . this may turn out to be a good thing for those who are pro MJ. It may cause enough of a reaction to finally push congress to change the laws on the federal level. Maybe this will happen, but the opposing forces will fight it hard. It will not be easy.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Gateway drug... what a LOS. Know what the REAL gateway drug is? Cigarettes. You find me a heroin addict and I'll show you someone who started smoking at a young age. Case closed. Shutdown tobacco.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

No doubt..sugar is truly our 1st addiction.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I actually think it is alcohol more than anything. It seems that people like to get drunk and then start mix and matching narcotics. Sure many people's first drug of choice is cigarettes, but people actually seek out other drugs while under the influence of alcohol.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And some people wonder why we protest Trump and his administration.

This is just reason #243.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Trump has made no statement about marijuana recently.

The DOJ has made no statement about marijuana recently.

Nothing has changed except for the fake news spin of a vague personal opinion of Spicer who said that this question needs to be asked of the DOJ.

The same law that Obama and the dems failed to even try and change, or even change DEA scheduling, is still in efrect.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

What are you talking about? Spicer is the Trump administration's voice. If he says it, that signals Trump's intentions. Just because it didn't physically come from his mouth doesn't mean it didn't happen.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Spicer said "THAT IS A QUESTION FOR THE DOj" because he was unable to answer it himself.

Here is the exact quote.

"I think that's a question for the Department of Justice — I do believe that you'll see greater enforcement of it"

Ecerything else in your original post is pure fantasy.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yea. That's after he blamed the opiate epidemic on recreational marijuana use and suggested that the DOJ would be cracking down on it. He also said this:

"I do believe you will see greater enforcement of it,"

Ecerything else in your original post is pure fantasy. "

Lol. You didn't even read it, did you? The rest of my op contains a poll and news on Sessions and private prisons. So you are saying those things are a fantasy then?
edit on 24-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You were not even subtle about your desperate atrempt to conflate Spocer's statement and make it seems as if ot was actually Session's statement.

Next we look at Sessions' *ahem* Spicers' remarks. There is already a thread or two on this so we won't discuss this topic that long. Here's the line:

You are being dishonest.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

As are you labeling my whole thread fantasy without having even read most of it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I am labeleing the premise of your thread a fantasy because I read it and you provide no evidence to support you thesis and title.

All you have is pathetic conjecture and outright misrepresentation.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

I am labeleing the premise of your thread a fantasy because I read it and you provide no evidence to support you thesis and title.

Now you are lying again. Here are you own words (again):

Ecerything (sic) else in your original post is pure fantasy.

I don't even see the word "premise" in that sentence and that includes your poor spelling.

All you have is pathetic conjecture and outright misrepresentation.

And all you have is emotional indignation and even more conjecture in your disbelief. I have Sessions' personal beliefs on marijuana on my side. What argument do you have that Sessions doesn't intend to do this besides you not wanting to believe while the DOJ remains silent on the issue?
edit on 24-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Sessions is going to try to step on multimillion dollar industry when he has the power to remove marijuana from schedule 1 status.

Seems like a fight he shouldn't pick.

Hi there, frenemy.

Just wanted to add a footnote to the star I just gave your post.
I realize you may be intending to be sarcastic or humorous or facetious with this statement....

I don't know.

But there is no way this industry is going to be killed. No.
Sessions and Bannon notwithstanding, we will persist.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: incepticus

cis.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Marijuana isn't legal in Illinois, ND, Wyoming, Florida, or any state in the NE that isn't Mass. Kind of shoots your argument in the crapper. Like I said, you made a false correlation.

Um you're actually wrong, it was just legalized in Maine and its also noteworthy that every single state in New England is decriminalized except for New Hampshire (which is predicted to finally pass the vote this year). Not commenting on the correlation thing though just that.
edit on 24-2-2017 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Trump thinks it should be a state issue and Sessions is going to enforce the laws as they are written (you're not much of an AG if you didn't), only Congress can change any of this, so there was no "told you so" about it.

Trump is putting this issue on them so their majority (a high stake) will be on the line. Just watch.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
only Congress can change any of this, so there was no "told you so" about it.

Trump is putting this issue on them so their majority (a high stake) will be on the line. Just watch.

I got a feeling you're the guy that got this one right.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join