It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Feds Continue To Blame Russia, Indiana Officials Expose DHS In Massive 2016 Election Hack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

originally posted by: DJW001
Still no evidence it was the DHS.

Just like there was never any evidence that it was the Russians.
But this never prevented you to run like a headless chicken after those claims ...

Check
Mate

Actually guys, it was me!! I hacked the election and I'm actually 1/16 Russian (unverified). So there, the left was right all along....the Russian did it!!

Maybe now they can move on....??

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

What are you going to do financially when Soro's is arrested?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have to wonder if they successfully hacked other states and didn`t get caught? if so did they tamper with election results in those states?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It wasn't the only state to report and complain about hacking attempts which were explained as attempts to make sure that the systems were not vulnerable. The problem with that is that the State's permission was required before hand and the State of Georgia said hands off. They were ignored.

At no time has my office agreed to or permitted DHS to conduct penetration testing or security scans of our network,” Kemp wrote. “Moreover, your department has not contacted my office since this unsuccessful incident to alert us of any security event that would require testing or scanning of our network.”

www.nydailynews.com...

This particular breach took place after the 2016 election but prior to all the results being certified. Other States that attempts were made include Illinois and Arizona. The attacks on the latter were unsuccessful and is unclear as to exactly who the culprit was.

Kemp cited the federal law against knowingly accessing a computer without authorization or exceeding authorized access, which is a felony.

Homeland Security claims that an outside agency was contracted to perform the "testing" but the consent of each States election officials was required before any probing of the systems was performed. other States that have brought claims of illegal hacking attempts by Homeland Security include Idaho and Indiana.

www.theepochtimes.com...

Denney said that when they “looked at IP addresses that tried to get into our system,” there wasn’t “a single IP address from a foreign country,” such as Russia, but one from “our own Department of Homeland Security,” Computerworld reported.

The attempts are believe to be tied to the eleventh hour declaration of the election assets of both states and local entities to be "critical infrastructure" and to be subjective to Federal control under the Homeland Security apparatus. This designation was announced two weeks prior to Jeh Johnson leaving office, not sure if the order has been rescinded yet.

And as for proof of their involvement, they admit it so there is your proof, rather simple isn't it ? It is against the law to probe any computer system, a felony if you will, without the permission of the owners. The States refused the offers and did so in writing as well as by phone so they broke the law

edit on 2/24/2017 by DJMSN because: correction

edit on 2/24/2017 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

blah blah blah, we need to wipe out the entire government and political spectrum and start from scratch. by the people, for the people.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

What the hell is the 'Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group' ? Sounds like an angry billionaire's pet project, and like FAKE NEWS !!! I love how anything bashing Obama, or praising Trump, whatever the source, is revered like scripture to the Trumpuppets. But anything even remotely negative of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Criticized is discounted completely, without the slightest inspection. The 'Poorly Educated' in action.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Most if not all of these Russian did it hackings are just a meme the west created to vilify Putin/ Russia . There is going to be a lot of crow eating very soon ...

You don't have to live in Russia to hack for them. You should know that.

And you can live in Russia and not hack for them also -- you should equally know that... Hacking can be done by literally anyone with the right amount of resources and technical know how, the point of origin of the hack does not and would not prove that the country it originated in was responsible at all.

Not saying this thread is right or wrong, but that the logic you deployed here is quite faulty.
edit on 24-2-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Operating from a false IP address is a technique called "spoofing." Any professional hacker can masquerade as any agency they want. Zero proof presented of DHS involvement, just claims designed to deflect and confuse.
So what you are saying is that any one can make it appear that Russia did the hacks by spoofing?

Your argument is idiotic!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I have to wonder if they successfully hacked other states and didn`t get caught? if so did they tamper with election results in those states?

They didn't have to hack anything in California. They were invited to do whatever they wanted there.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

First, I said I guess itt would not be...
But if this is proven somehow to help a foreign government it could be. But that would be a political grasping of straws im afraid.

Each side of the aisle says the other is helping Russia etc all the time. That's my initial thought of what could be either sides end game.

So you see... I don't claim it to be, but with the environment politics are playing with today it seems likely.
edit on 25-2-2017 by GraffikPleasure because: Wrong word

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

What would this be defined as technically? Treason?
I guess not since they were "helping" their own people for their own country.

Other than the states pointing the finger just like the fed and Obama admin, do they have solid evidence? If they do, will the courts shut this down eventually?

Why is the charge of treason suddenly in the air? Government employees are sworn to uphold the Constitution, not to be loyal to a Leader. Conviction for treason in the United States is intentionally difficult. The Bill of Rights insures free speech and due process. In order to be convicted of treason, it is necessary for the prosecution to prove intent.
All one has to do
Is look at the people aligning to help Obama in openly seditious behavior toward the current POTUS to realize what may have gone on pre inauguration. An even better question is why people think they can just impeach someone they don't like.
edit on 25-2-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Barack Obama's administration was corrupt as hell, imo. It will be years before the damage he did is revealed.

Add this hack to the OPM hack that got 21.5 million ID's stolen, 5 million of which included FINGERPRINTS.
Add it to the IRS hack, as well, that got several hundred thousand IDs that included SS numbers and private tax info.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Operating from a false IP address is a technique called "spoofing." Any professional hacker can masquerade as any agency they want. Zero proof presented of DHS involvement, just claims designed to deflect and confuse.

I'm not buying that one. A pro hacker or any hacker can't spoof just any IP. Masquerading yourself into and past secure firewalls and being visible on the internet as well as the compromised network with that commandeered IP address belonging to DHS wouldn't be easy without leaving any traces in log files showing the real originating IP traffic. It's much more likely that someone at DHS did the hacking especially since it is well known how Obama does things underhandedly. Like when he used Mafia friends to win his senate seat. He has a history of stopping at nothing to get from A to B with elections, plus the DHS would be much more difficult to prosecute after the fact and open up bigger and fatter worms. Obama put a whole slew of corrupt people in all kinds of key places when he became president, and the exposed corruption of the DNC supports the fact that the democrat party will do ANYTHING to consolidate power and entrench themselves permanently into government.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

So what you are saying is that any one can make it appear that Russia did the hacks by spoofing?

Your argument is idiotic!

Why? Spoofing is a technique that an experienced hacker can use. The conclusion that Russia was behind the DNC hacks is the result of the analysis of circumstantial evidence, which intelligence and law enforcement analysts use all the time. For what it's worth, the circumstantial evidence favors the DHS being behind these specific hacks. They asked the states if they could test the security of their voter databases, but the states turned them down. It is probable that DHS did it anyway, in the interests of national security. If a foreign government wanted to skew an election, they would be unable to hack the results, since there are a jumble of different means used to tally and communicate them. An indirect approach would be more subtle: hack the registration databases and delete a few names here and there whose registration shows them likely to vote for the candidate you dislike. If this is done subtly enough, there would be a small enough number of people affected in key distracts that the confusion at the polls could be explained by legitimate "error;" failure to renew, change of district, someone with a similar name moved, etc. Perhaps DHS felt it necessary to test this vulnerability.

And, oh, don't expect me to defend DHS and its actions ever again.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

There is something POLITICALLY fishy going on at the Department of Homeland Security. The Trump Administration just yesterday, rejected a DHS report. The report said that the 7 countries in President Trump's travel ban, are no more dangerous than any other.

Story: www.newsweek.com...

When President Obama first identified these 7 countries as HIGH RISK for exporting terror, DHS agreed.

I hope the new Director of Homeland Security (John F. Kelley) is successful with replacing all the top people there, ASAP.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Wow, it's clear you know NOTHING regarding networking. No, you can't just spoof from any IP. My God, learn a little before you type that keyboard diarrhea.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Wow, it's clear you know NOTHING regarding networking. No, you can't just spoof from any IP. My God, learn a little before you type that keyboard diarrhea.

I am always open to learning. Please explain in detail why IP addresses cannot be spoofed.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

LOL... Trying to dismiss/ignore this by attacking the source itself because it is not a left-wing source?... Humm, sounds familiar... Oh yeah, the lame-stream media and the left-wing powermongers also tried and failed to get people to dismiss and ignore wikileaks and DNCleaks by claiming "the information was hacked by the Russians". They were/are of course not smart enough to realize that by trying to dismiss this by claiming the source was "the Russians", they in fact acknowledged the leaks were real information. Nice try but a huge fail on your part.

The DC was in fact quoting an Indiana official, and other news sources picked up on this. If it was false the lame-stream media would have gone after this and would have bored people to death by posting it in their lame-stream sources and even in your soup.

Unless you can prove that Indiana Secretary of State Connie Lawson is denying this, all you are doing is covering a dirty secret.

BTW, in case you missed it the Obama administration did announce their intent on having the DHS monitor and control our election system under the Obama administration...

The new designation will cover storage facilities, polling places, and centralized vote tabulations locations used to support the election process, as well as information and communications technology like voter registration databases, voting machines and other systems used to manage the election process and report results.

Some state and local election officials have expressed strong opposition to applying the designation in the past, arguing that it is a federal overreach.
Before the election, Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp argued against designating the elections a critical infrastructure, arguing that states can make more nimble choices for their own communities without assistance from the federal government.

DHS designates election systems as 'critical infrastructure'

So again, huge fail on your part.

edit on 25-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I am always open to learning. Please explain in detail why IP addresses cannot be spoofed.

Because it can be doesn't mean it was... Now you are making a red herring with no proof to support your assumption. Yet another fallacious argument on your part...

This story has been picked up by other sources, and Indiana Secretary of State Connie Lawson is not denying any of it...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Oddly this same excuse could be made for claims of Russian hacking...but I'm sure those that believe Russia did it also believe Russia spoofed DHS ip's to cover their tracks yet accidentally used bits of code and IP's already known worldwide to be Russian...silly stupid hax0r5...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join