It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Real" alien pic shuts down 4chan

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Wow! So they're watching this very thread. Funny. I never see ATS mentioned very often. I always felt we were in a nice little bubble over here.
Whoops. I was way wrong.
I'm still trying to catch up.
Everything is 404'ed or deleted.
It's hard to navigate 4Chan! And this story has caused a feeding frenzy!
Thanks for all of your informative posts Reverbs.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
been a long LONG time since i've posted on here, like years. Only here after seeing this, it seems like a good combined effort between ats, 4chan and this discord server, you guys should join, good room:

discord.gg...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
There are techniques for hiding _javascript in images but just using a photo editor to edit or view it would not trigger the exploit. IE: something that corupts the image.

Sites like this one unsee make it really easy to do. You can set it to delete after the first view or time limit or whatever.

I'm beginning to think something like this was employed, if an image ever actually existed at all...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Counterintelligence

its nothing

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

thread just 404ed

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32no

earlier some one said the secrets in the eyes on something
the only part of that picture
not coloured in
is the eyes

maybe something hidden in the eyes....

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
this was the last post before the 404:

654 - 548 - 478
2995•

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This was one of the last images posted before the thread went down. Probably another fake but whatever.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: digitalf

originally posted by: schuyler
Let us pretend for a moment that "the" (or "a") picture is real. Now compare that to a photoshop fake. Can you tell the difference? If you think you can, how, precisely, given the FX capabilities of photography these days? More than likely you cannot, though some people think they can. (There are always people who think they can.) And many people will proclaim it is fake even if it is real. They can't tell either.

You have to remember that there are professionals in every field, just because the average joe can't tell the tell the signs of a fake doesn't mean those who have the software tools to pick apart an image can say with a certain level of confidence that a photograph is original.

OK, I'll remember that. However, a claim of expertise does not make it so because people with actual expertise don't always consent to get into these fun fests. I remember not long ago right here a pic from Infowars was "dissected" by so-called "experts" who opined on the fakery due to the "layers" in the Photoshopped picture. Turns out when we got an actual expert, a guy who teaches Photoshop at the college level, he shoved these so-called experts off the thread. And in this case it's a moot point because there is no picture. Now people are using the fact that there is no picture to examine as evidence that it is special, which is logically absurd. A lack of evidence is not proof of its existence. My major point here is that EVEN IF YOU HAD A PIC to view, there would simply be an argument over whether it was real or not, which means all you would have is a pic, which by itself means very little. It's kind of like the Seinfeld show. It's about nothing, just like this thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The mods there have to be in on this whole affair. LULZ.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Roxxo

That image was on a thread that has now 404'd. images of that "alien" were once again being drip fed in distortion. However I noticed a consistency, not clear in your image but it was clear on the other version..it had the same grid pattern on the eyes as the patchwork "real" image that was drip fed last night.

It's a model that has been shot from different angles. I'm calling BS on the whole thing. There may or may not have been a real picture but this is a model and the whole thing has been a huge troll IMO. Seeing as someone spent time making the thing, and then all this trolling..it's probably a viral campaign...

Remember I posted an image that looks like it had chipped paint beneath the neck.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Likely that fact it's a fake

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Whole thing might be fake, but the mods on 4chan are killing off any thread as soon as it shows.

(post by Konduit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
All the pics in this thread are crap.

I went to 4Chan and they don't even have a UFO subforum. They have a paranormal forum and I didn't find any alien pics there. Note the OP can't even give us a link to the thread in question.

This is a creepy pasta. If you believe in this crap you also likely believe in Slender Man.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Just come in and post without knowing anything i see?

The discussions of the image are being deleted instantly on 4chan, that's not normal. That's why you couldn't find anything.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Threads are gone.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

huh? comet ping pong wasn't a misdirection.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think so too. Everything about this is too tongue-in-cheek. I think it is a clever little scam
using services like you suggested.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The "alien" looks like a reasonably professional custom made job..or a second hand movie prop.

The whole thing looks like a professional cover job. Lots and lots of shilling and the mods were complicit it seems...plus the fact information got deleted "went missing" the day the alledged photo first appeared.

I sense it's not an alphabet agency though, comes off more like a skilled private operator. This means big bucks were paid.

The whole episode feels like it has been planned in advance. I'm smelling pizza

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join