It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Real" alien pic shuts down 4chan

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

that weird i thought that after all the anonymous stuff it became mainstream

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Testerntech

huh thats weird! two almost identical pics? what is going on here????!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
a reply to: djz3ro

Nothing is going on.

It's an elaborate hoax and people are taking the bait like it's free candy.

While it's entirely plausible it's a hoax (and in fact probably), that is a lame way to go about saying so. I get tired of that on this site.. how about we be a bit more critical other than "That can't possibly be real because it's always a fake, so this must be a fake too."

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logeekal

originally posted by: Vasteel

originally posted by: Logeekal
So this popped up a few minutes ago on the /x/ (paranormal) board with the title "RE: 24489"

/x/thread/18683141

Seems interesting although likely just trolling.

If someone can upload the pic here that'd be great

This is the pic from that thread:

Below it is / was the text "write down and seek it's not too late".

Could be totally unrelated to the ayyy or be a red herring.

I played around with the numbers at the bottom a little...

Google maps co-ordinates?

The 3 repeating words translate to "Distraction" 3 times.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

ok, im currently in the process of very thoroughly encrypting the file, will post in about 20 minutes, monitor the catalog as i will make a new thread, download it as soon as possible hints 48313601 vera 2848642091 all you will need to access the whole file, including cover up information

Just posted on 4chan.. we shall see in 20

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Now that is interesting

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So what do we do when thus ATS thread gets shut down? Because if this is legit... and the only locations it's being discussed is here and 4chan..

It's just a matter of time before ATS gets shut down for it, or at least these threads.

I live about 30 minutes from Luke Air Force Base... should I go on a desert hike?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

screenshots

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Just download everything and continually reupload it to numerous sites...if it gets shut down here

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I found this a bit odd.. directly 25 miles north west of Luke AFB.. is a small town named...

Allah

No joke... Allah Arizona

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Isn't the original text in Russian?

So it's the Russian hackers angle at work again...so it seems

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Next time anyone sees it..

Turn off network on your phone
Then
Take a picture of your screen with your phone, camera
Take a screenshot and paste it into paint and print out some copies
Save a copy to a simcard in your phone
Then insert your simcard to pc
Compress your file with winzip or winrar, put a password on it
send a copy to your own email and cloud service
Put copies on a USB drive, and store the USB drive in a hidden spot in your house
Put another copy on another usb drive and store it in a random forest at least 10 miles from you
put it in a plastic bag and hide it underground

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
not sure how long this will be avail (link from 4chan);
R25
gssor://lx.lhwszod.lnd/dljebl.qzq
vera

Edited - this was disinfo - please ignore.
veracrypt mount - pw; 284864209148313601
edit on 25-2-2017 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Let us pretend for a moment that "the" (or "a") picture is real. Now compare that to a photoshop fake. Can you tell the difference? If you think you can, how, precisely, given the FX capabilities of photography these days? More than likely you cannot, though some people think they can. (There are always people who think they can.) And many people will proclaim it is fake even if it is real. They can't tell either.

So what have you got? A picture no one can agree on. And what have you proved or disproved? Nothing. And what do you have left? A bunch of excitable people pointing out that people have been banned! and threads have been erased! Oh, my! Who knows what the 4chan people are doing? It's not as if they are experts, or official in any capacity. They're just guys caught up in some drama. Maybe they're faking it for some publicity. Maybe someone scared them. Maybe things just got out of hand. All this over a suspect picture that no one can really tell what it is? Good Lord, you'd think these guys were all on ATS making up stuff again.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: digitalf

I got nothing from that link.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

How about you prove it's real.

We all have the same information, we are interpreting it differently.

We can just go in circles if you want. At this point my belief is it's a hoax, the proof I have is the same proof you have except you came to the conclusion it's real.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Let us pretend for a moment that "the" (or "a") picture is real. Now compare that to a photoshop fake. Can you tell the difference? If you think you can, how, precisely, given the FX capabilities of photography these days? More than likely you cannot, though some people think they can. (There are always people who think they can.) And many people will proclaim it is fake even if it is real. They can't tell either.

So what have you got? A picture no one can agree on. And what have you proved or disproved? Nothing. And what do you have left? A bunch of excitable people pointing out that people have been banned! and threads have been erased! Oh, my! Who knows what the 4chan people are doing? It's not as if they are experts, or official in any capacity. They're just guys caught up in some drama. Maybe they're faking it for some publicity. Maybe someone scared them. Maybe things just got out of hand. All this over a suspect picture that no one can really tell what it is? Good Lord, you'd think these guys were all on ATS making up stuff again.

I totally agree with you on the people who cry "fake". It seems to me to be the default response to something that they cannot explain. People have to keep an open mind be open to possibilities.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The world and internet are mostly about fame and fortune. Ad revenue for 4chan.

If the government had control over their servers then that would be the big story from the mods. As far aa doenloaded pictures disappearing, they were probably sent from the server in a fashion to purposely have them corrupt. Did anyone say they had the picture local and could view it properly then it disappeared?

Games...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

You have to remember that there are professionals in every field, just because the average joe can't tell the tell the signs of a fake doesn't mean those who have the software tools to pick apart an image can say with a certain level of confidence that a photograph is original. What's interesting about this case is getting the image in the first place - if it's so fake what's the harm in letting it be discussed and examined. I've seen enough video and pictures called out as fakes over the years within a few hours, this image for whatever reason was buried and very quickly and spawned an enourmous amount of copycat fakeness to cover it up - this imo makes this more interesting...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: digitalf
not sure how long this will be avail (link from 4chan);
R25
gssor://lx.lhwszod.lnd/dljebl.qzq
vera

ROT25 cipher.

my.mixtape.moe...
Password: vera

There is a file in there named lastgift with no file extension. Not sure what to do with it. Scanned it for malware and found nothing.

new topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join