It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington state will resist federal crackdown on legal weed, AG Ferguson says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Maybe Trump is sending a message to the cartels.That's who they should be going after.The guys carrying AKs guarding their crops,not some guy smoking one in his backyard.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
That's the thing... this administration is parading as Conservatives but what they really are after is totalitarian state. They decide what facts are real --- even in the face of hard, cold evidence to the contrary. They call critics and opponents enemies of the people. They gag science. They attempt to rule by edict.

ISIS/Al Queda SAY they are followers of Islam but they're not. The Administration is no different in what they're doing. Bait and switch.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: darkbake
I was just wondering if Washington would do this. I think it is a step in the right direction. Jeff Sessions, the attorney general, has strong opinions about marijuana and has recently made it a priority to crack down on states that have legal recreational marijuana.

Do you have a link to this alleged "priority crackdown" directive by Sessions?

Washington's AG must known something you don't behind the keyboard asking for documents

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
frankly, i doubt trump gives a crap about weed...there are way more important issues to address and he knows this

Trump may not care about it, but Sessions sure does. And Trump listens to who ever he talked to last. Sessions has had Trump's ear since early in the campaign days.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I was just wondering if Washington would do this. I think it is a step in the right direction. Jeff Sessions, the attorney general, has strong opinions about marijuana and has recently made it a priority to crack down on states that have legal recreational marijuana.

There is no "crackdown" plan at all. President Trump has repeatedly advocated the 10th Amendment approach to these matters. Here in Washington, the marijuana industry is too entrenched to simply be "removed" by Federal fiat.

I'm quite sure Attorney General Sessions has far bigger fish to fry than worry about the pot laws of some rich spoiled-brat state like Washington. If I were a leftist, I would be far more worried about a truly huge ugly prosecution of the Clinton Foundation, "Pizzagate", or even Obama's birth certificate matter.

Anyway, I am not a pot-user myself, but as a constitutional (secular) conservative I agree 100% with an individual state's right to regulate matters not specifically granted to federal oversight in the Constitution.

I live in Washington and will continue to support this state's marijuana policy.
edit on 24-2-2017 by SBMcG because: Bad Grammar

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: dreamingawake

Here is the issue no one has the honesty to address other than look at what TRUMP is doing!

The Democrats under Obama had 2 years to legalize and they did nothing! Even after they still did NOTHING! Now as an advocate for legalization, and a person living in a Democratically controlled state where it is STILL illegal. This means nothing to me. I will still choose to partake or not partake and take my lumps. Because quite frankly? This country has waaaaaaaay to many other important issues to focus on rather than whether or not I can get high!

and not for nothing? Sessions has already said it is up to Congress to change the law! So instead of blaming Trump, get on the damn horn to your elected officials in the state you live in and tell them they need to legalize a plant or there will be hell to pay come time for their re election!

I am in Washington State, and agree with my state on their actions and preparation if need be to act on this. I shared the Sessions Marijuana/Congress thread, please review even down to commentary on that, it's not as cut and dry as it seems.

Also, the legal states worked on and finally done so with enacting legalization, others with medical legalization under Obama. The advocates weren't all Democrats in this, Libertarian, etc. as well.

A possible national legalization had to start somewhere, the quote went as follows with that "If Oregon passes legalized marijuana, there's a high chance it can be passed nationally." Well, as one can note, it passed there leading for it to be easier in other states passing as well setting the path for if it is wanted and within consideration states rights wise to pass nationally.
edit on 24-2-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Also, relevant to this thread:
Congress' new Cannabis Caucus isn't just blowing smoke about legalizing pot

Oh?
The four brought this caucus just one week after Jeff Sessions was confirmed in hopes to "keep Sessions in line".

The Cannabis Caucus

Four lawmakers representing states that have legalized weed have launched the first ever Congressional Cannabis Caucus. Jared Polis (D-Colorado), Dana Rohorabacher (R-California), Earl Blumenauer (D-Oregon) and Don Young (R-Alaska) say they want to work together on legislation related to the legalization and regulation of marijuana.

-Source

Here's the caucus plans as described in the OP and my take on them:
ºNew laws to help cannabis research happen: Fair studies, ie not paid for by lobbyist with agenda pushing sides, need to happen.
ºAn increase in access for medicinal marijuana veteran patients: Sorely needed throughout states where medicinal use is restricted. Should be addressed as well as with children and others who need the help.
ºReform tax and banking laws: Would see that as making the industry more legit, have more access to services that are now restricted.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
When will everyone wake the F up.Trump, CLinton, Obama, Bush, it doesnt matter.

Democrats are going to try and control you via social justice.

Republicans are going to try and control you via morality.

Every. Mother. Effing. Time. It doesnt matter if you think you voted for the second coming. If candidate X has a big D or a big R next to their name, they are going to follow the above mantra. Every GD time. Wake up masses. Smell the coffee. Take your country back.

What a world we would live in if all candidates had were their name and we dropped the D or R

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

edit on 25-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: Was Off Topic didn't want to interfere with thread topic

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Looks like California Lt Governor is Chiming In on the debate with a letter to Trump.

Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, a leading supporter of Proposition 64, sent a letter to President Trump on Friday, urging him not to carry through with threats to launch a federal enforcement effort against recreational marijuana firms that will be legalized in California.

“The government must not strip the legal and publicly supported industry of its business and hand it back to drug cartels and criminals,” Newsom wrote to Trump. “Dealers don’t card kids. I urge you and your administration to work in partnership with California and the other eight states that have legalized recreational marijuana for adult use in a way that will let us enforce our state laws that protect the public and our children, while targeting the bad actors.”

LA TIMES

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yes, although this discussion was a while ago so I'll have to find it again. Here are a few links.

TIME Magazine

White House Expects Sessions, DOJ Crackdown on Legalized Marijuana

top topics

<< 1   >>

join