It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry calls for terrorist participation in new Iraqi government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Lets not overhype this....

The article was read there AlwaysLearning, still doesn't change a thing I wrote. Bet.

I hear you...I'm not a super big fan of Kerry either even though I hate Bush.

What is true is that everything politicians' say and do gets dissected. Bush puts his foot in his mouth plenty and you can't dispute that. The best one for me yet is when he saw the first plane crash into the tower.

IMHO since I believe the government had something to do with 9/11, I think there was more fact there than fiction. Notice how nobody really goes there though?

But that's another story for another day, right buddy?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Now I fully understand the flames will come from that statement, but after yet another group think exercise with all lovely pictures accompanying, don't ye holders of the last strand of mental fiber yearn to disassociate yourselves from the great unwashed?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I would agree that any ATS member who actually clicked the link and read the article and believed even momentarily the quotes that were attributed to Kerry, has a problem with judging reaility. The evidence of that is contained in some of the responses.

If the originator of this thread deliberately posted this as disinformation, then he may have a problem with ATS.

If he was sucked in to believing a piece of satire himself, more fool him.

Which was it?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Mr. Kerry ought to be careful with what he says, since he is so overly critical with other select people's sayings. He might be labeled an terrorist appeaser.

seekerof

Kerry is much more than a terrorist appeaser. Kerry is a traitor to this country and by his own admission he is a war criminal. I'm, a Vietnam vet and we think he got a "less than honorable" discharge and Carter upgraded it. He still has refused to sign a Form 180 to release the last 100 pages he is hiding from everyone.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by w555hc
I'm, a Vietnam vet and we think he got a "less than honorable" discharge and Carter upgraded it.

Who is the "we" that you speak for?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I never fail to get a good laugh at every one of the Republican vs Democrat crowd. You have all bought into the big lie. Nothing will ever improve with megalomaniacs in control, no matter which banner they represent.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is hilarious! This thread needs to bookmarked by everyone as the greatest example of ignorance ever captured at ATS.

Talk about believing what you want to hear!! ROFL!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalmessiah
I never fail to get a good laugh at every one of the Republican vs Democrat crowd. You have all bought into the big lie. Nothing will ever improve with megalomaniacs in control, no matter which banner they represent.

You're not laughing alone my friend. There are more of us around than you gthink.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
there is a really good article on the Onion that says that bush is the antichrist...

DO YA THINK ITS TRUE? OMG!!!!!

I think it also mentioned that he was gay, and picked his nose...

come on people...
let us keep this board free of the stuff that WE KNOW IS FAKE!
it is hard enough to decipher all this stuff without idiots listing fake facts from satire websites... that is a BELOW TOP SECRET TOPIC, and is entertaining at best...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It may be an exaggeration but it captures Mr. Kerry's evil thoughts

One cannot legitimately criticize a person because of a caricature.

It may be a lie but it is true?

I think anyone would be hard pressed at this point to recognize this as anythign other than satire, not even a lie, no more than the Daily Show. I mean, Johnathan Swift didn't really eat babies.

momentarily the quotes that were attributed to Kerry, has a problem with judging reaility

The gist of the quote is infact not at all unreasonable. The Insurgency has to be accomodated in the new state one way or another. Obviously not al qaida, and that last quote is so nonesensical that its immposible.

Having said that and the above, a good parody/caricature, is an exaggeration of the truth. IOW a lie, to be sure, but one that 'connects' to reality. Similarly, the comic strip 'Doonesbury's depiction of Bush, as a talking Roman Centurian's helmet, and the stuff he says, is a parody, but it too connects to the Truth. Of course, its insane to actually criticize either one of them for something a caricature of them did!

If he was sucked in to believing a piece of satire himself, more fool him.

Obviously he was duped. Happens to the best of us.

This thread needs to bookmarked by everyone as the greatest example of ignorance ever captured at ATS.

But people yammering about the milenium falcon and helicopters being in ancient egypt or about tupac shakur and biggie smalls training revolutionary communist guerillas in cuba is good sense?

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

This thread needs to bookmarked by everyone as the greatest example of ignorance ever captured at ATS.

But people yammering about the milenium falcon and helicopters being in ancient egypt or about tupac shakur and biggie smalls training revolutionary communist guerillas in cuba is good sense?

Wrong forum mate, UFO's and Aliens are further down the list. You should probably take up that angle down there.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What a bunch of crap. Your story is about as credible as Mr. Bush is.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Wrong forum

What difference does that make? The rationale is the same, and thats the only reason the examples were brought up, to illustrate via analogy.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well, I see here was just no defending this lie. It must be difficult to have to defend so many, I can see why this one was let go of quietly around here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join