It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry calls for terrorist participation in new Iraqi government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What?

Kerry's fuzzy logic

You have to be kidding. Kerry feels bad that Al Qaida and the other terrorists won't have a voice in the new government. Sheesh! Is it not clear to Kerry that these people are mostly not even Iraqis? For the ones that are from Iraq, they could have had a voice in the government if they had decided to participate by voting instead of bombing.

With this sample of Kerry's mental faculties, we are soooo fortunate that he did not get elected.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Sen. John Kerry. D-MA, said today that history will judge Sunday's landmark election in Iraq as an "utter failure for George W. Bush if the U.S. cannot find a way to give al Qaeda and other disenfranchised so-called 'terror' groups a voice in Iraq's new government."

OMG!!!

And he thinks he can run again??? Hopefully those Republican TIVOs are still running catching his every word!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Mr. Kerry ought to be careful with what he says, since he is so overly critical with other select people's sayings. He might be labeled an terrorist appeaser.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Sen. John Kerry. D-MA, said today that history will judge Sunday's landmark election in Iraq as an "utter failure for George W. Bush if the U.S. cannot find a way to give al Qaeda and other disenfranchised so-called 'terror' groups a voice in Iraq's new government."

Obviously the al qaida organisation shouldn't be given any voice, as an organization, in iraq, this is just plain dumb. However, some groups and leaders, Like al-Sadr, are just as obviously going to participate in the elections. If anything this shows exactly what Kerry is requesting, that the resistance has to be accomodated into the state. Some of the resistance has agreed to this (like al-Sadr), some has not (like Zarqawi).

"How can they say I'm on the wrong side of history?" he asked rhetorically. "I'm speaking out against Bush blunders in Iraq, and I plan to vote for another $80 billion to fund the blundering. You tell me which side of history I'm on."

This is so inane that it makes me think that perhaps he made neither of these statements. The above, especaily because it mentions al qaida, seems a little too preposterous too. Locating at the rest of the page, I think that this is in fact poltical satire.

one of the comments
That last paragraph got me laughing so hard my belly hurts!!! Brilliant Scott!!!!

Hmm, I am going to file all this under 'fake news' ala daily show/the onion.

link   
Kerry should know by now, the talking to or hiring of terrorists is for the election winners only. Especially if they have a good track record of spying on populations and oppression

But that's another story

link   
while I don't see this as completely out of character for Kerry since he apparently met with north vietnamese officials after his tour ended, I do think the article is strange as hell.

while the quote below does show off Kerry's ability to stradle the line without taking a stance either way, it is almost inane. How can he call it a failure and then vote for more funding? Even a complete buffoon wouldn't do that.

"How can they say I'm on the wrong side of history?" he asked rhetorically. "I'm speaking out against Bush blunders in Iraq, and I plan to vote for another $80 billion to fund the blundering. You tell me which side of history I'm on."

I would like to see another source of these quotes beofre accepting this all as true.

ok, after looking over the site, it is a joke. This is from the homepage:

ScrappleFace, the daily news satire site, features new stories virtually every day. Scott Ott, editor-in-chief, leads the vast editorial staff of ScrappleFace to cover the globe like a patina of dental plaque.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Kerry's statement is totally idiotic and im not saying this because i supported bush. i seriously mean this objectivly.

I think his underlying message of us not judging people was good but WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH TERRORISTS?

If you strap on a bomb or hijack and airplane im sorry buddy but you have lost your right to have a say in how HUMANITY needs to function. This statment to me was a just a stretch to take a knock at the president. And these moronic statements are PART of what made him loose the election. (Granted bush isnt the best with words either) But kerry wants us to think that he will protect us at any cost, but then he goes and says "the terrorists just have a different philosophical view on how to express the views they are passionate about and what right do we have to judge them" I mean seriously. i read that and my mouth dropped. it just boggles the mind!!

and here's another thing i loved about that article...towards the end kerry says something to the effect of "How can people say i am on the wrong side of history...i speak out against the blunders of George W bush and i am going to vote FOR another 80 billion to support those blunders..so which side of history do you think i am on." WHAT!?!?!?!?! he just flip flopped in one sentence! does he not realise how insane what he just said was!?!?!

Like i said..these statements boggle the mind.

Kind regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
Kerry's statement is totally idiotic and im not saying this because i supported bush. i seriously mean this objectivly.

I think his underlying message of us not judging people was good but WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH TERRORISTS?

If you strap on a bomb or hijack and airplane im sorry buddy but you have lost your right to have a say in how HUMANITY needs to function. This statment to me was a just a stretch to take a knock at the president. And these moronic statements are PART of what made him loose the election. (Granted bush isnt the best with words either) But kerry wants us to think that he will protect us at any cost, but then he goes and says "the terrorists just have a different philosophical view on how to express the views they are passionate about and what right do we have to judge them" I mean seriously. i read that and my mouth dropped. it just boggles the mind!!

and here's another thing i loved about that article...towards the end kerry says something to the effect of "How can people say i am on the wrong side of history...i speak out against the blunders of George W bush and i am going to vote FOR another 80 billion to support those blunders..so which side of history do you think i am on." WHAT!?!?!?!?! he just flip flopped in one sentence! does he not realise how insane what he just said was!?!?!

Like i said..these statements boggle the mind. and for kerry's sake this article better be a joke.

Kind regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? You actually post something from a news web sight whos motto is, and I quote "News fairly unbalanced. We report. You decide.", and we are supposed to take this seriously? C'mon, you may have well posted from Pravda. If this is all the dirt you can dig up and complaign about on the Liberal side of life, then you really need to open your eyes and take a good long look at who you support.

Fairly Unbalanced................* shakes head *

[edit on 1/31/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
As Cakeur posted above:

This is from the homepage:

ScrappleFace, the daily news satire site, features new stories virtually every day. Scott Ott, editor-in-chief, leads the vast editorial staff of ScrappleFace to cover the globe like a patina of dental plaque.

For those who don't know, SATIRE is a kind of humor - this mean that the news article isn't real, but was written as satire, or "humor."

BTW - seekerof - I have seen you use all manner of tools to squash anti-Bush opposition, and .... you let this one slip by?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I read the entire transcript from the NBC News' Meet the Press interview between Tim Russert and Sen. John Kerry and didn't find a single quote they posted on your linked site except the quote about the "keeping his options open for 2008". That entire article appears to be a smear.

Phae

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phaethor
I read the entire transcript from the NBC News' Meet the Press interview between Tim Russert and Sen. John Kerry and didn't find a single quote they posted on your linked site except the quote about the "keeping his options open for 2008". That entire article appears to be a smear.

Phae

Way to go! good for you searching out the truth on your own!
Hmm..........I wonder what kind of a defense the neocons here will come up with to defend this lie?

Also, shouldnt this thread be deleated since it obviously posted a blatent lie? T & C says doing this is bad juju.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It may be an exaggeration but it captures Mr. Kerry's evil thoughts. Kind of "Fake, but Accurate" a la CBS.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It may be an exaggeration but it captures Mr. Kerry's evil thoughts. Kind of "Fake, but Accurate" a la CBS.

OMG! It may be a lie but it is true? Yep, that is the way Bush thinks to.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
JEEZE

The "article" comes from ScrappleFace - a news satire site.

For those who don't know, SATIRE is a kind of humor - this mean that the news article isn't real, but was written as satire, or "humor."

This article was meant to be funny - and someone's havinga good laugh at ats...

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

OMG! It may be a lie but it is true? Yep, that is the way Bush thinks to.

No it's the way the New York Times thinks about Bush. If it's good enough for the NYT it should be good enough for ATS.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

No it's the way the New York Times thinks about Bush. If it's good enough for the NYT it should be good enough for ATS.

Ahhhh, but herin is the problem. We are NOT talking about the NYT now are we. As a matter of fact, we are talking about a fake article from a SATIRE NEWS SITE that doesnt hold one iota of truth to it. Not even close to what Kerry has stated about his opinion on the subject.

Well, its been fun guys/gals, but I have a class in 2 hours and a little homework to finish. Enjoy embracing the lies while Im gone

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
and the idiot award goes to all those who jumped on the bandwagon intead of first going to the website and reading it, only to find that its a joke, son....

Y'all can be sold any bill of goods I see. If that's the case I've got some nice beach front land in Florida for y'all too...good price, nudge, nudge

[edit on 31/1/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Lets not overhype this....

The article was read there AlwaysLearning, still doesn't change a thing I wrote. Bet.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Someone tell Kerry "you already took a dive in the election, you cheated to gain candidacy on Diebold machines, you lost both times once cheating and the other your opponent cheating don't get carried away with it okay?"

Now that would be the right response to his suggestion, rather than indigestion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join