It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House hints at crackdown on recreational marijuana

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I didn't call any other member a name. If you follow our conversation, I was calling the professional, elected officials that are taking stands on everything Trump says and does, the adult children. I'm 99.9% positive that if the majority of Trump's support wants to make this a states right thing, that's how it will go. I believe Congress has to enact it first though. Until then, marijuana is still illegal.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Well done. You completely avoided answering the point, while delivering more propaganda into the bargain.

Someone should be paying you for this.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well done. You completely avoided answering the point, while delivering more propaganda into the bargain.

Someone should be paying you for this.

I thought I answered it plain and clear. I wasn't sure about your last statement, perhaps you have a different way of wording it?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Again, its the people who are making the most noise about these things, their elected representatives are just doing as they are instructed by those who elect them.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jprasloo
Marijuana is just as bad as opium. China banned opium and fought the opium wars against Britain. Cigarettes are going out of style. I am fully against legalization of marijuana for any use other than doctor prescribed medical uses.

Says the guy who doesn't have a clue...

Bud is just as bad as opium??? You have no idea what you're posting about.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The liberals in the country have already made it a States' rights issue. The right is still playing catch up with that attitude.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: buster2010
White House hints at crackdown on recreational marijuana

Going to be nothing compared to how the courts are going to crack down on the WH and it's corrupt occupants!

Definitely a step too far. This administration is on the verge of a legal meltdown. Ironically, they won't be able to hire enough lawyers because of a prior Executive Order!

I was born around Eisenhower, and I have watched my share of politics and governmental functioning/malfunctioning, but THIS is goddamn magnificent!
People do not realize what a special time this (two centuries) is in all human history!
Not only the Trump before us, but globally!
The 'healing' is global, the peoples are One!
But we have some healing to do, first.
I don't know (or care) if the Trump agenda is pushed on through, though it would probably kill me off quickly and painfully, but I am so vastly enjoying watching the unfolding drama playing out before Us!
Such a beautiful nightmare! *__-

edit on 25-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire
a reply to: namelesss

Wow drugs are so evil, bad bad bad! i hate drugs .. boo ..

Drugs am good!! *__-
edit on 25-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I believe Congress has to enact it first though. Until then, marijuana is still illegal.

A change this great cannot be made overnight. The Obama administration understood that it was best to relax Federal enforcement so that state and local governments could experiment with the social and economic changes necessary to make legalization of marijuana work. Once states like California and Colorado have made successful transitions, their experiences can be used as a model nationwide.

There are also legal questions. If prohibition were lifted all at once, say, midnight on January 1, what would be the legal status of those serving prison time for possession? Would they be released all at once, flooding the labor market? Or would they continue to serve prison time for something that is no longer a crime? And what about someone who was charged with possession in December, but whose trial was not until January? Is the case dismissed automatically? As the Trump administration has learned, abrupt changes to long standing policies cause confusion among both government officials who must execute the laws and the general public.

At this point, the President needs to appease to the Libertarian faction by phasing in legal marijuana. If American farmers can grow marijuana legally, it will undermine the illegal trade from Mexico, fulfilling a key election promise.
edit on 25-2-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I gotta say I don't agree with you on a lot of things, but I agree with you 100% on this.

They need to let the states decide on this one, and a lot of states need to pull their heads out of the dark ages!

People who smoke marijuana should not be criminals! How much space would it free up in our prison system if people weren't incarcerated for this bogus crime?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

How much space would it free up in our prison system if people weren't incarcerated for this bogus crime?

And that is why this administration intends to "crack down." The White House wants to expand for-profit prisons. This funnels taxpayer money to the private sector and reduces the labor pool, creating the illusion of less unemployment.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join