It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House hints at crackdown on recreational marijuana

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't know about you but some dealers I have come across sell multiple drugs. Thus marijuana being illegal opens up the possibility of people being introduced to other drugs. If it were completely legal and regulated you wouldn't have that happen.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The Trump administration is playing to their Right Wing conservative Christian base. Stamping out the "devil weed" is a mission from GOD. believe me.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I don't know about you but some dealers I have come across sell multiple drugs. Thus opening up the possibility of regular pot users to be introduced to these harder drugs at some point. It is still up to that individual to try these drugs but if were legal there would be much less exposure to these illegal drugs.

Not to mention I have known many people that started out with pot and moved to harder stuff just from the pot connections they had. Some have even died.
So If what I have said is a lie where is your data to prove it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yeah but it's just for the states that legalized it. Trump is surrounded by people that do this for him while he focuses on the more important things. Personally, I couldn't care less but if it were up to me, weed would remain illegal but not worthy of anything more than a night in the "drunk tank."

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't know about you but some dealers I have come across sell multiple drugs. Thus marijuana being illegal opens up the possibility of people being introduced to other drugs. If it were completely legal and regulated you wouldn't have that happen.

I can also walk into a convenience store to buy a bag of chips and can also buy soda, candy, bread, or any other number of things. Does that make chips a gateway food to those other things? No. It's just convenience. I also don't have to buy those things. AND at the same time, there are many dealers who only sell pot.

Yes, being around illegal substances can EXPOSE you to other illegal substances, but that doesn't mean that taking one will lead to others. And furthermore, the best case for a gateway drug would be alcohol (which is legal). Most people get drunk and decide to mix and match their drugs. For instance, most coke buys happen at 2 in the morning when the bars are letting out. Who gets high then says, "Man this high is AWESOME, but what would be really killer is completely wasting it and snorting a bunch of coke?" No that decision happens after alcohol has already been introduced into the equation.

Not that I would know about this or anything...

edit on 24-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: MRuss
Trump knows that the legalization of pot in some states was part of the effort to dumb down and liberalize society.

I'm not saying he's right---so please don't strike---but I think he's thinking he has to turn the clock back ten years to make sense of things.

It wouldn't surprise me if he actually believed something that idiotic.

I doesn't surprise me that you think it's idiotic.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Probably one of the few times I'll agree with Krazysh0t and DJW001. This is nonsense. Legalize it already. Hell, legalize it all, reduce the number of victimless crime, reduce drug trade related violence.

However, the CIA has been involved in this trade for decades. This war isn't going to stop, it's too profitable.

I'll also add that the Hillary would've done the same thing. Vote Green or Libertarian next cycle guys!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: MRuss
Trump knows that the legalization of pot in some states was part of the effort to dumb down and liberalize society.

I'm not saying he's right---so please don't strike---but I think he's thinking he has to turn the clock back ten years to make sense of things.

It wouldn't surprise me if he actually believed something that idiotic.

I doesn't surprise me that you think it's idiotic.

I am a smart guy.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Making America straight again ?

As a business man he would see that makes no sense , he may tighten the law but doubt he will roll back on what has been started.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Washington’s Attorney General Bob Ferguson and Gov. Jay Inslee have vowed to defend the state’s legal marijuana law against a federal crackdown suggested Thursday by the White House.

seattle times
posted this in the other thread but it's worth posting here.

It looks like WA states governor is going to make a stand if Trump goes forward with this.

Meh, big deal. Someone in the local government "takes a stand" against anything and everything Trump says or does. It was old two weeks into his presidency. At the rate these adult children are going, I fully expect them to lie, cheat, steal, and do whatever is necessary to keep Trump from winning in 2020. It's pathetic when these actions are coming from elected officials who are supposed to be professionals.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
How about Make America Think Again! ? yes/no?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

You fully expect the people of the United States to lie, cheat, steal and do whatever is necessary to keep Trump from winning in 2020? I only ask if that is what you meant, because that is where the majority of the outcry against his policies comes from.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

In other words, Trump's administration is going to enforce the existing laws that neither Obama nor the Dems bothered to change even when they had the majority in congress.

Ahahahaaha, awesome pic!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Quite simply: The Trump administration supports for-profit prisons. If prisons are to be profitable, they require prisoners. Making a relatively harmless drug illegal allows them to fill the prisons with relatively well behaved prisoners. QED.

How dare Trump want to make weed illegal!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Washington’s Attorney General Bob Ferguson and Gov. Jay Inslee have vowed to defend the state’s legal marijuana law against a federal crackdown suggested Thursday by the White House.

seattle times
posted this in the other thread but it's worth posting here.

It looks like WA states governor is going to make a stand if Trump goes forward with this.

Meh, big deal. Someone in the local government "takes a stand" against anything and everything Trump says or does. It was old two weeks into his presidency. At the rate these adult children are going, I fully expect them to lie, cheat, steal, and do whatever is necessary to keep Trump from winning in 2020. It's pathetic when these actions are coming from elected officials who are supposed to be professionals.

Keep whining about "adult children" when someone doesn't agree with you. This issue may not mean anything to you and your Sessions era outdated ideas, but the left and the majority of the right are standing together against the Trump admin on this.

It's a blatant attack on states rights and personal liberty and individual sovereignty. Carry antiquated and obsolete ideas if you want, but don't talk down to us like children because we want what's best for the citizens of this country.

Blind support is just that, blind.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: LSU0408

You fully expect the people of the United States to lie, cheat, steal and do whatever is necessary to keep Trump from winning in 2020? I only ask if that is what you meant, because that is where the majority of the outcry against his policies comes from.

We have local elected politicians "taking stands" against everything he does, even when it's a policy that was enacted by the president before him. That might not seem like a big deal to you, but showing bias over professionalism is a scary thing because it lets me know that they might turn their . in their districts while illegal votes pour in from all over. Do you think his policies are lies, cheating, and stealing or something?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I said they take a stand on anything and everything he says or does. They are adult children. Focus on what I said, not on what you want to see. My post was a "shrug my shoulders, nothing new" post, but I see you had to whine about it and claim I was whining. Imagine that.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Cannabis is far safer than other drugs like alcohol, tobacco, and pharmaceuticals.
You know this.
I know this.
Trump knows this.
Sessions knows this.

Problem is cannabis is still classified as a schedule 1. I know this is hard for some on the left to grasp but you uphold the laws. Even if they are old outdated racially driven laws. Sessions keeps saying if people want it legal then congress needs to act. To me I see this as a tactic to get congress to finally do something. Which requires us to do something first. But until that happens it will be business as usual and the DEA has a budget to burn.
Remember when Obama said this?

But did this?
Obama cracks down on medical marijuana.
Where was the outrage from the left when DEA agents were dumping MMJ users out of their wheelchairs a few years back? Please someone reassure me it's not simply because of party affiliation...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

I said they take a stand on anything and everything he says or does. They are adult children. Focus on what I said, not on what you want to see. My post was a "shrug my shoulders, nothing new" post, but I see you had to whine about it and claim I was whining. Imagine that.

What I find astonishing is that some members think that by insulting and calling other members names, it will win them over to their cause.

It did seem to be a Trump campaign tactic but this is a completely new ball game. From my perspective,

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Trump could stick with everything Obama put into law and the left would chastise him for it. In fact, they're doing it now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join