It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House hints at crackdown on recreational marijuana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

"There's a big difference between that and recreational marijuana. When you see something like the opioid addiction crisis blossoming around so many states around this country, the last thing we should be doing is encouraging people ... there's still a federal law that we need to abide by when it comes to recreational marijuana."

While Spicer said that the president supports medical marijuana use, he reinforced that recreational use is quite different. In the past, Attorney General Jeff Sessions has been a critic of marijuana usage. "I do believe you'll see greater enforcement ... [it's] a question for the Department of Justice," Spicer said Thursday.

Source
What is it difference anyone want to answer that?

Recreational use and medical have lead to the following:

"Opioid Addiction Being Treated With Medical Marijuana in Massachusetts" - Source

"Marijuana Can Cut Down Opioid Abuse in the Elderly" - Source

"States With Medical Marijuana Laws Have Fewer Opioid Overdose Deaths" - Source

"Legalizing Marijuana Decreases Fatal Opiate Overdoses, Study Shows" - Source

"Medical marijuana may be slowing down the opioid epidemic" - Source

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So essentially, the Trump admin wants to start a civil war over an extremely profitable cash crop, cuz that's what happened the last time the federal pigs ignored the 10 Amendment. I hope he's stupid enough to light the fuse.
edit on 23-2-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's a state rights that is why the Att General said this, "Using good judgment about how to handle these cases will be a responsibility of mine," he said. "I know it won't be an easy decision, but I will try to do my duty in a fair and just way."

When it comes to states that their citizens had voiced with a vote to give the rights to their states on the matters of recreational or for health purpose the use of marijuana, is nothing that the federal government can do, but for the states that have not done anything on the matter that is another story.

They can either used whatever enforcement the Justice department decides to do or ignored it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jprasloo
Marijuana causes hallucinations and murders. People murder when they are under hallucinations.

Thanks for the laugh, but I hope to god you're being sarcastic/trolling?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jprasloo

First I hate the wording 'recreational marijuana'...I use it for meditation,as did my father,and his father before him and going as far back as can be remembered.So what gives you or anyone else the right to tell me I can't smoke? And how 1950s of you to compare Ganja to Opium.....

On topic,I have never paid any mind to any law regarding the herb,and I wont start now.Nuff said.......

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: buster2010

I can't believe I agree with Buster on this, but we need to stop criminalizing Marijuana. We have much more important things to concentrate on like infrastructure, illegal immigration and bringing jobs back to the U.S.

This is NOT a good use of Trump's time.

Can't upset the Prison Industrial Complex. Nor the agencies that profit from opioids addiction, including the heroin epidemic that is bringing in the dough.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Even the majority of Trump supporters wont be behind this. What a load of crap.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Marijuana causes hallucinations and murders. People murder when they are under hallucinations.

Unless you're trolling, you've been very misinformed

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I don't know where you get your info from but it couldn't be more wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jprasloo

OMFG..you are without a clue on this.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I hope he's stupid enough to light the fuse.

Why? Nobody is going to do anything other then cry on social media.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I bet if Gary Jhonson was president right now this would not be an issue.

edit on 23-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Sources?

if anything it looks to be confusion with a mixture of drugs(sometimes marijuana) and alcohol help to contribute to violent actions by people.

Marijuana is said not to be the cause of the Miami cannibal for example:
Miami Cannibal:

"Some people have said, 'Well, it must have been the marijuana that triggered Eugene's behavior.' That, in my opinion, is outrageous, and out of the question. Marijuana will not cause this type of behavior," said Dr. Bruce Goldberger, professor and director of toxicology at the University of Florida.

According to the professor what he did was way beyond what is experienced in what can be described as acute psychosis.

But the bottom line is, pot couldn't have triggered the attack. "Some media is reporting that pot isn't ruled out [as the cause of the attack]," Goldberger said. "I don't buy that. That's like talking about, 'If you take '___', it stays in your body for a lifetime.' It's one of these misleading things you hear about drugs."

Source

Also see: The FSU student zombie wasn't under the influence besides small amounts of THC which was said to be a non factor in his actions.
Source

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Lol, what?

Seriously, what are you 90?

Weed and jazz will destroy the world.

Mwwaah Haah *cough cough cough. Haa.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Stuff like that is why Johnson will never be president, sorry but that dude is wacky.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

After the states get a taste of a multimillion dollar industry, you think their just going to let that go. Its not just culture that they want to attack, its prosperity.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yup but it's still funny.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would like to invite everyone in this thread to the current campfire we are having over in another thread which covers both the MJ issue and the private prison issue. (Click below)

We have some common ground, let's get together and sing a song!
edit on 23-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Stuff like that is why Johnson will never be president, sorry but that dude is wacky.

Far less "whacky" than the crap that has come from Trump or Hillary. Sure, hes quirky. But hes honest with solid policy. America would have been far better off with him than those other two.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I would have just been happy with the Libertarian party getting enough votes to make them eligible for funding so there could be a viable alternative party to the Democrats and Republicans. I knew he wasn't going to be President.
Oh well same old same old.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join