It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious disappearances in Boston MA.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SomethingLingual

A few years ago a buddy and I, after going to some bars, in Boston, decide to start walking (no idea our goal). Found a shopping cart and started pushing eachother in it, next thing we know we both snap to and we are in Everett. Not possible to walk there in under 30-45 minutes, and crossing a bridge or going through a tunnel. We still to this day have no idea how the hell we got there haha. Luckily we weren't alone or I may be one of these cases. (As if it's the only time I've ever wandered drunk around Boston lol)
edit on 2/25/2017 by 5ofineed5aladder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

there was a similar tale in Cork Ireland , they kept finding bodies in the river and they put it down as suicides but it turned out that they were not suicides , it was a gang of lads going round finding young men , beating them up and thowing them into the river to drown

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I live in Maine, Boston is not far. I know of several cases in the news similar to these... a quick google search on "missing man found in river maine" provides links... some are very much like what is described in Boston.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
a reply to: mclarenmp4

there was a similar tale in Cork Ireland , they kept finding bodies in the river and they put it down as suicides but it turned out that they were not suicides , it was a gang of lads going round finding young men , beating them up and thowing them into the river to drown

Whoa, my grandfather was from Cork Ireland! Never heard of that, will look it up, Thanks!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This sounds like the famous SMILEY FASE MURDERS, popular in the news a few years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

Young white men found dead in rivers usually after leaving bars all alone at night.

The Smiley face murder theory (variations include Smiley face murders, Smiley face killings, Smiley face gang, and others) is a theory advanced by two retired New York City detectives, Kevin Gannon and Anthony Duarte, that a number of young men found dead in bodies of water across several Midwestern American states over the last decade did not accidentally drown, as concluded by law enforcement agencies, but were victims of a serial killer or killers. The term smiley face became connected to the alleged murders when it was made public that the police had discovered graffiti depicting a smiley face near locations where they think the killer dumped the bodies in at least a dozen of the cases. The response of law enforcement investigators and other experts to Gannon and Duarte's theory has been largely skeptical.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wonder... Do other major cities with the age demographic of Boston, and multiple entrances to bodies of water, have similar types of events? Boston has lots of colleges and young adults, could someone find out about West Coast school areas? Or around the great lakes, the Gulf area? To see if this seems isolated.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Your experience is very similar to many relating to the missing 411 and other experiences in the woods, where it almost seems suddenly people enter a portal and the environment quickly changes. And they know there's something wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
I wonder... Do other major cities with the age demographic of Boston, and multiple entrances to bodies of water, have similar types of events? Boston has lots of colleges and young adults, could someone find out about West Coast school areas? Or around the great lakes, the Gulf area? To see if this seems isolated.

The west coast, east coast, Great Lakes all have clusters of missing people that fit the Missing 411 books by David Paulides profile.

I just found out about Missing 411 books from ATS, after a creepy camping experience, and 30 years of trying to find answers to my childhood incident.

The books are a fascinating read!
edit on 25-2-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

That's interesting you would bring that up about the water aspect of that cases. I was recently listening to a podcast that David Paulides did explaining that the Yosemite National Park and areas around the Great Lakes had the highest influx of the type of cases his group looks at. In Missing 411 the Eastern United States he actually describes some of the Boston cases that I have mentioned in this thread. The one he talks about is the one of William Hurley, the man who went missing outside of the TD Garden when his girlfriend was around the corner.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
Over here in England , many men have been fished out of the waterways in and around Manchester, some believe there is a 'Manchester Pusher' , the police do seem keen to quickly to state 'no suspicious circumstances' each time a new body is found and maintain there is no link

www.google.co.uk... amp

www.google.co.uk...

Manchester has canals, rivers and there has been a lot of redevelopment of the old quays from the Manchester Ship canal that created lots of living and work spaces in the areas that had become quite run down since the decline of the docks

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Otley

So I know the Missing 411 books typically deal with North America, specifically the United States and Canada, but I wonder if the same types of disappearances are happening in Europe as well as the rest of the world. I have noticed a few posters talking about cases that match the criteria from England and Ireland and Europe is filled with some very strange and spooky forests some with very checkered pasts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know most of us have seen and read this thread about Untersberg that Skyfloating did some years ago and it is truly interesting and that is only one of many places. You have The Black Forest in Germany, Wynchwood Forest in England, everyone knows about the strange happenings of Hoia-Baciu and the list goes on and on. Something I have realized since I started reading more about this subject is how interesting the whole thing is and how much we truly don't know.
edit on 26-2-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

There are some spooky spots around Europe Caf, but I am not aware on anything like 411.
One of my friends visited Yosemite last year, so I only thought it was fair to introduce him to the mystery / phenomena 😁.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here is an interesting thread for those of you who are interested..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was featured in one of Davids books also..

Scary stuff here, that's for sure..

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Very interesting and great reading.

Something strange going on for sure IMO and you cannot help but feel the Police know a heap more than they are letting on and telling the public.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: caf1550>>>> I love it whenever David Paulides is on Coast to Coast AM. I always ask for his book at the Barnes and Nobles but they never have it. In my town, we just had a missing person case that follows some of the parameters of Paulides missing person cases as he's noted. A young man, early to mid 20s is at a bar talking on a CELL PHONE. That seems to come up with some frequency. He gets up and leaves the bar( on videotape) and exits the bar. And hasn't been seen since. His car was left nearby the bar. They searched a river trail ( bodies of water seem to play a part with frequency) behind the bar that he often rode his bike on. They found a shoe believed to belong to him on the bank of the river. I'd like to know who he talked to. Maybe some kind of message is relayed through the cell phone, making a person susceptible to coercion or control. Or a person is tracked and located by cell phone use and is targeted that way. Or he was just abducted by someone waiting for a victim near the bar. or someone that knew him. or he decided to kill himself by jumping in the river. Its a fair walk to the trail and river. had he gone to urinate he wouldn't just fall in accidentally. I though that his body might turn up after the area was thoroughly searched but as of yet, no. Anyway, the feds are aware of these missing person cases in national parks and are being silent about it. Or they're involved.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I actually know Jon Dailey's sister so his case intrigued me. I think it's very odd. I will be reading up on the others you have shared.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Dutch owl, you can get his books thru his website Canam missing 411. Do not buy them through any other source as they overcharge exorbitantly

edit on 28-2-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Creepy stuff. As a city slicker now who grew up in the country I've never had an episode in the woods. Was always hunting/fishing riding 4 wheelers and such.

On the topic of abduction I do have a short story in a midwestern city. Doesn't involve the woods or water or the commonalities here but just a heads up.

2 years ago in July I was up still around 4:30 am (I work midnights so not unusual.) The grocery store, maybe 1 or 2 miles from my place opened at 6:00 am. Being kind of hungry I waited until 5:30ish to get on the bike and start out.

I think it was a Sunday because I was the only thing moving on the streets. It was so quiet, no cars, no people, nothing.

Not even 5 blocks from my house I got this strange feeling and looked over my shoulder to see a white van, un-marked, with one headlight about a block behind me. Didn't hear it or anything just glanced back as you do when you are riding a bike you know? I thought nothing of it and kept riding.

2 blocks later I glance back and that freaking van still there only a little closer...my blood ran cold. If it had been nothing it would have past me by now...yet it's just behind me slowly creeping down the road.

I hung a fast right on a sidewalk, stopped, looked back and the van peeled out.

After this I heard about white vans with one headlight being an M.O. for abductions. Don't think I've ever been more "piqued" before. Like you just know something nefarious is afoot. Whatever that was it wasn't somebody out for a Sunday drive at 530 am you know?

Awareness is key. Be aware of your surroundings no matter where you are I have learned this.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Your experience is very similar to many relating to the missing 411 and other experiences in the woods, where it almost seems suddenly people enter a portal and the environment quickly changes. And they know there's something wrong.

Reminds me of the stories about the mysterious stairs in the woods.

What would lure someone close to the water? A mysterious dock? A "Lady In The Water", a Siren?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I think that Europe is the mother of all stories of mysterious goings ons.

It is just that it is so common, and such a part of their folklore that most folk don't give it a second thought.

While Americans seem to lean more to the belief in extraterrestrials, Europeans lean more to the terrestrial variety, like little people and fairies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join