It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customs Agents Check IDs of Domestic Passengers Landing at JFK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I have no problems, but my husband was the one that was fingerprinted, they made him put his finger in a reader.

And not answer when asking why from the agents.

Sad thing is, I have to give my fingerprints everytime I cash my paycheck, and as ex active duty military, everyone in the country has my fingerprints.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Yes, that is funny, my husband is a retired Marine too and he travels a lot within the US.

I have not cash a check in years, so I don't know how the new rules for that are.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Do you ever offer a source for something, besides some conservative blog. This crap is getting old, you start 50 threads a day with BS sources.

Why so upset? The report is true. Took me less time to confirm it than it took you to post. Deny ignorance.

Link

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: carewemust

You know my husband travels all the time on business in the US at least once a month, never had any problems, but going to PR is another story. I don't know why, he knows that IDs are required no matter what.

I wonder how many terrorists have been caught by TSA agents?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I wonder how many terrorists have been caught by TSA agents?

Zero? Center of a donut? Nada? Zip? I really do not think those clowns are keeping us safe

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So what? So they had to show their ID to an agent when they got off the plane, which probably took all of 10 seconds before being told they could continue on. Being asked to show your ID while in a place that you're required to have it in the first place is insignificant.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: RazorV66

so who has to show their papers? everyone or just those with darker skin? whats next will we have to wear id badges on our sleeves or just those with darker skin?

i am all for enforcing immigration laws but i am also for logical, humane solutions.

I have always looked at it this way - if the authorities ask to see your ID, show it to them....if you have something to hide then that is your problem.
They obviously asked everyone on the plane to show identification, not just the dark skinned people.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: dogstar23

Sometimes they will do a check and let the person go...and follow them. Who knows why they were really looking for someone.

Ah, good call there! I guess we need Paul Harvey with "The Rest of the Story!"

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting, seems likely that they know the person flew, but aren't 100% sure to where. Nice to see a crackdown, though, on the illegal issue.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I doubt a person would be legally required to show customs or immigration officials any ID from a flight originating within the USA and arriving in the USA. They have no jurisdiction to be shown identification. Only when crossing into America from outside.
They can demand it and use fear to get what they want though, but they aren't legally entitled to it. They can do this to a target they know in advance to be here illegally, but not demanding ID from an entire domestic flight. Of course, if someone knows their rights and tells those people to # off, they would usurp their own authority and just do whatever they want these days. It's called the Hillary Clinton/Obama effect. (where authorities do whatever the hell they want and get away with it free badge). Trump probably isn't going to fix that little liberty and justice issue, since he is instigating this. Time will tell.
edit on 24-2-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Just like when you are stopped by a cop while walking.... anywhere in the US.
We have been a police state for a long time.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Do you have to have identification to board a plane? I haven't flown since 2014, and don't recall being asked for anything but my ticket.

No, you do not have to show identification when boarding a domestic flight, although you will need to be able to prove you are the person on the boarding pass which will take some time.

edit on 24-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: President, Jacygirl fan club.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I doubt a person would be legally required to show customs or immigration officials any ID from a flight originating within the USA and arriving in the USA. They have no jurisdiction to be shown identification. Only when crossing into America from outside.

This is the part I do not understand. As far as I know you cannot ask, en masse, for people's identification without them being suspected of committing a crime. I am sure they had a description of the suspect and instead of doing their jobs properly decided to violate everyone's civil liberties. I think, if I were in that scenario, that I would have risked arrest instead f producing my 'papers'. Goddamn Nazis.

edit on 24-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Do you have to have identification to board a plane? I haven't flown since 2014, and don't recall being asked for anything but my ticket.

I get asked for my ID every time. You can't board without ID.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, you do not have to show identification when boarding a domestic flight, although you will need to be able to prove you are the person on the boarding pass which will take some time.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

This is the part I do not understand. As far as I know you cannot ask, en masse, for people's identification without them being suspected of committing a crime. I am sure they had a description of the suspect and instead of doing their jobs properly decided to violate everyone's civil liberties. I think, if I were in that scenario, that I would have risked arrest instead f producing my 'papers'. Goddamn Nazis.

So perhaps ID was just the easier way to do it and they could have done it the hard way too. Why would they?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
So perhaps ID was just the easier way to do it and they could have done it the hard way too. Why would they?

Are you asking me why people in the government take needless shortcuts? Probably because we let their lazy asses get away with it.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
So what? So they had to show their ID to an agent when they got off the plane, which probably took all of 10 seconds before being told they could continue on. Being asked to show your ID while in a place that you're required to have it in the first place is insignificant.

Except you don't have to have your ID there.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Papiere, bitte.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join