It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customs Agents Check IDs of Domestic Passengers Landing at JFK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I just went to PR to spend Christmas with my family and yes in the last two times I have gone home I have to get my ID identification in my hands they have signs all over letting you know what you need to have in hand.

I think Is customary since 9/11, now this is when you are about to check in your language at the airline counter no when you get off the airplane.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Glad to hear theyre doing their jobs!

a reply to: xuenchen

edit on 23-2-2017 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

It is annoying alright, but more annoying is when you come back like me from PR and have to check you luggage two times because the customs duty. Looking for drugs I guess.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Yes you have to show ID to fly.

Here is the real immigration issue, according to a news account this morning and I can't find it. Guy from Mexico wants to come to the US, his sister is here and a citizen, he goes on a waiting list. The list, with backlog, is 100 years long, seriously WTF.

Fake.

Source does not jive.

I offered no source, couldn't find it. Immigration lawyer from KC, I have no legitimate source. Morning radio show on a conservative channel.
edit on 2/23/2017 by BubbaJoe because: needed to

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

It is annoying alright, but more annoying is when you come back like me from PR and have to check you luggage two times because the customs duty. Looking for drugs I guess.

Marg!!! There is some serious seniority posting In thread tonight LOL

You don't strike me as the drug currier type. I thought Puerto Rico was exempt from duty?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Why is there customs from PR, they are a part of the USA?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Yes you have to show ID to fly.

Here is the real immigration issue, according to a news account this morning and I can't find it. Guy from Mexico wants to come to the US, his sister is here and a citizen, he goes on a waiting list. The list, with backlog, is 100 years long, seriously WTF.

Fake.

Source does not jive.

at least I admitted it, and did not quote some phony right wing BS blog

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Oh no, they don't call it looking for drugs, but more like looking for any type of food items that can not be taken to the US or something like that.

But if you travel to PR when coming back make sure you hide anything that you don't want to be taken away from you, because they have a room just for that purpose, before checking your luggage at the counter, once you have their ticket of approval, then you can proceed to check in, Funny, because I love to bring all kind of goodies, you know, Rum, lot of coffee and home made sweets and food.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

so who has to show their papers? everyone or just those with darker skin? whats next will we have to wear id badges on our sleeves or just those with darker skin?

i am all for enforcing immigration laws but i am also for logical, humane solutions.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

We didn't have any back in the days, but since 9/11 you have to get your luggage ex ray before checking in at the airline counter and get a sticker.

Interestingly this doesn't happen when you travel to PR only when you comeback to mainland.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Oh no, they don't call it looking for drugs, but more like looking for any type of food items that can not be taken to the US or something like that.

Got you. We face the same thing flying from Hawaii back to California.... They sometimes use beagles to sniff out produce

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yes they do, randomly, walk around with the dogs but I have never seen any of them sniffing anything or finding anything when I been traveling.

Now, two years ago when we went to PR in the summer, my husband was flashed and they took his fingerprints and made him get into the x ray machine.

I tell you it was not a very pleasant experience for him.

For people complaining about been asked for paper how about been fingerprinted I try to ask the agent why they were do it that and he ignored me.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

We didn't have any back in the days, but since 9/11 you have to get your luggage ex ray before checking in at the airline counter and get a sticker.

Interestingly this doesn't happen when you travel to PR only when you comeback to mainland.

I flew to DC from MO, they xrayed all my stuff, and searched me, how was your experience any different, has been like this since 9/11

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I have no problems, but my husband was the one that was fingerprinted, they made him put his finger in a reader.

And not answer when asking why from the agents.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I havn't flow in a while but last time it was required to board the plane and when checking in with the ticket to have an ID. TSA surely wants an ID as did the check in area with metal detectors before the TSA implementation nationally.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Thank-you! That would explain why my 85 year old Mother-In-Law was taken into a room at Dallas airport and strip searched last year. She has nothing with her photo on it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Really? I never seen anything like that happening anytime I been travelling.

tell me you are just kidding. Right?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

And thank YOU, DreamingAwake. Perhaps I just don't remember showing anyone an I.D. in 2014.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You mean someone travelling without a photo ID?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You know my husband travels all the time on business in the US at least once a month, never had any problems, but going to PR is another story. I don't know why, he knows that IDs are required no matter what.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join