It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customs Agents Check IDs of Domestic Passengers Landing at JFK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So a U.S. domestic flight from San Francisco lands at JFK airport in New York and the passengers were told to get their IDs ready !

ICE agents had a deportation court order for somebody and they checked all IDs as people exited the plane.

Turns out the person wasn't there.

I imagine some people were panicking with upset stomachs and cold sweats.

Maybe the person had a fake ID ?

Customs Agents Check IDs of Domestic Passengers Landing at JFK: Officials

Customs agents looking for an immigrant who was ordered to be deported checked the identification of passengers as they disembarked a domestic Delta flight at JFK Airport Wednesday, according to a Customs and Border Patrol spokesman.

The two agents were assisting ICE in meeting a person "ordered removed by an immigration judge." They checked IDs as passengers walked off Delta flight 1583 from San Francisco after it landed about 8 p.m. on Feb. 22, officials said.

"To assist our law enforcement partners, two CBP officers requested identification from those on the flight in order to help identify the individual," a Customs spokesman said in a statement.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Do you ever offer a source for something, besides some conservative blog. This crap is getting old, you start 50 threads a day with BS sources.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Do you ever offer a source for something, besides some conservative blog. This crap is getting old, you start 50 threads a day with BS sources.

www.wsj.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

These are serious issues.

Control your trigger points !!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe
I would imagine that there are going to be bumps in the road getting a system to get the 10,000,000 illegal aliens deported. I have no ideas to how the logistics are going to work on this, but it is a big undertaking.

And I don't have any thread envy, start as many as you want.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

These are serious issues.

Control your trigger points !!

Of Course they are . There is a New Sheriff in Washington now , and he is Itchin' to Stop and Identify the " Bad Hombres " who Wish to do Us All Harm .

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Do you have to have identification to board a plane? I haven't flown since 2014, and don't recall being asked for anything but my ticket.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Do you have to have identification to board a plane? I haven't flown since 2014, and don't recall being asked for anything but my ticket.

I had to show ID last time I flew. That was about 2 years ago. Standard flight from Florida to North Carolina and return trip.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

edit on 23-2-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just flew domestically a couple weeks ago and had to show an ID prior to TSA inspection.

edit on 23-2-2017 by IamALWAYSright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yes you have to show ID to fly.

Here is the real immigration issue, according to a news account this morning and I can't find it. Guy from Mexico wants to come to the US, his sister is here and a citizen, he goes on a waiting list. The list, with backlog, is 100 years long, seriously WTF.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Is That Overt Pic. you have Posted here Any Different from the Reality We all Live in Today in a Surveillance State ? We are All being Constantly Watched and Recorded by Someone Everywhere We go .

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

You're damn right. If they are here illegally, it is against the LAW. And it is not a law that Trump just made up on his own, it is laws we have had around for a long time and it is time to start enforcing them.
Why are you Leftists so in love with the illegal/undocumented aliens?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

So you like multiple double Bloody Mary's, a few pints of ale and a couple shots of tequila before flying too?

But seriously, my first time flying was 1995. Probably around 50 flights since then, and never a chance of getting on a plane without an ID.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Yes you have to show ID to fly.

Here is the real immigration issue, according to a news account this morning and I can't find it. Guy from Mexico wants to come to the US, his sister is here and a citizen, he goes on a waiting list. The list, with backlog, is 100 years long, seriously WTF.

Fake.

Source does not jive.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Are you against the checking of IDs, or is this thread just to let us know that ICE was looking to deport someone but couldn't find them? If that's the case, thanks for sharing! I never thought the day would come when ICE would have a failed attempt at apprehending an illegal!

What I don't understand is - I'm assuming they knew, by boarding ID, whether the person they were looking for was on the plane. Either they totally neglected to check, or he somehow "got away." I mean, could this have even actually happened?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
You do have to show ID which is why I travel with my passport. If I will be driving at my destination I have a DL in my bag with other checked items but Passport and boarding pass.

Flying is not a right. The odd thing is that they are not running your ID at the regular checkpoint. They are looking at the ID itself and then decide to 'flag' you.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Sometimes they will do a check and let the person go...and follow them. Who knows why they were really looking for someone.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com... igrant/?utm_term=.1a55bbee2f03

So, Ive been flying since the early 70's and ID was always required. Its annoying to say the least and I'm going to be pissed if I get delayed for crap like this. The idiots at the TSA should have never allowed that person to board PLUS we go through ALL that crap at check in and they still are not sure who is on the plane?????
edit on 2/23/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/23/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join