It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia says VX nerve agent was used in Kim Jong-nam assassination

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

There is another antidote know as PAM or Pralidoxime

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

Nerve agents work by attaching to enzyme that removes a neuro transmitter from the gap between the
nerve synapse and muscle

Removing the enzyme causes the neuro transmitter to build up and cause the muscle to continue twitching

Resulting muscle spasms paralyze victim and cause respiratory and heart failure

PAM binds with enzyme to keep it from building up

edit on 24-2-2017 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Something is not right. I saw a video of it happening and a girl takes a hanky and puts it around his face, if it was on the hanky, how come she is not dead. It appears that that may have been a diversion, who actually poisoned him?

Well, it turns out one of them actually may have been exposed to minute amounts...

He later said that one of the two women who staged the attack was unwell as a result of poisoning from the same chemical.
On one of the two women vomiting because of exposure to the chemical in a low dosage, Dr Dzulkefly said it was one of the effects of VX.

Main Article - Jong Nam died a "horribly painful" death, says toxicologist

edit on 2/24/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

KGB in 1950's had assassination weapon which sprayed cyanide in victims face

Was a tube when fired crashed a glass capsule of hydrogen cyanide and sprayed a cloud of liquid
cyanide into victim

Simulated heart attack

Used to kill two Ukrainian nationalist exiles in West Germany

Was revealed when assassin defected to west

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
On a side note, I'm actually really surprised Malaysia has even released any of this information at all. The downstream consequences and blowback could be pretty extreme. I mean, it's not like this stuff just vanishes after use. After all, this is a WMD, not just some trivial poisoning! It's not going to be long before questions like the following start cropping up:

"Why wasn't the Terminal shut down after the toxin was identified?"

"What measures were undertaken to ensure the area wasn't contaminated? Did a BioHazard team sweep and decon the area?

"Where were the remnants of the agent disposed of? Were any other people exposed to the toxin?"

(...and many more)

Once again, the Malaysian's are in WAY over their head! Having spent a great deal of time in Malaysia myself, I'm not surprised to see them bumbling about...yet again. This whole matter has wide ranging international repercussions.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine
Thank you for the info. I was afraid of that but was hoping there was something that would make it traceable.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

John Mason: [Mason and Goodspeed are defusing a poison gas rocket in the prison morgue] What exactly does this stuff do?
Stanley Goodspeed: If the rocket renders it aerosol, it could take out the entire city of people.
John Mason: Really? And what happens if you drop one?
Stanley Goodspeed: Happily, it'd just wipe out you and me.
John Mason: How?
Stanley Goodspeed: It's a cholinesterase inhibitor. Stops the brain from sending nerve messages down the spinal cord within thirty seconds. Any epidermal exposure or inhalation and you'll know. A twinge at the small of your back as the poison seizes your nervous system...
Stanley Goodspeed: [Mason has lifted the chem round to look at it] DO NOT MOVE THAT! Your muscles freeze, you can't breathe, you spasm so hard you break your own back and spit your guts out. But that's after your skin melts off.
John Mason: My God...
Stanley Goodspeed: Oh, I think we'd like God on our side at the moment, don't you?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Shes lucky she still has internal organs and a spine in one peice.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Since 9/11 carry book of M8 chemical detection papers in my turnout gear

luxfermagtech.com...

Just in case .........

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Sincere and humble thanks for your service.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The form used on Kim Jong-nam was a binary form of VX called VX2

One of the ladies wiped part of the binary agent on Kim Jong-nam’s face and then the other lady wiped the other part of the mix on Kim Jong-nam’s face

Mixed this made the toxic agent VX2.
en.wikipedia.org...(nerve_agent)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
After going through this thread I am truly alarmed.

First, North Korea has and is using VX...

NORTH KOREA!

Second, there are so many loose ends to this story and so many truly disturbing aspects, I can't imagine there isn't something much bigger and much more sinister to it all.

Finally, Malaysia... I can't help but wonder if there isn't some connection to MA 370 somehow. Was there someone or something on Malaysia 370 that needed to be "disappeared" like Mr. Jong-nam? VX would have certainly wreaked instant havoc in a closed space like a pressurized aircraft.

This is truly scary stuff!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

She would be lucky if she didn't # and piss herself everywhere as that is one of the first systems along with puking.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

Since 9/11 carry book of M8 chemical detection papers in my turnout gear

luxfermagtech.com...

Just in case .........

Smart move.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

If true this is an act of war.

Not an act or war. The US used to execute traitors by firing squad.

Kim Jong Nam was affirming the deaths of his own countrymen and undermining his brothers authority who is the President of North Korea. People have been starved to death, LITERALLY. You people think Dennis Rodman visiting North Korea's President. "Oh funny, funny, ha ha". It's no more funny ha ha than North Korean's being killed by starvation over economic sanctions. Millions have died.

Over hypocrisy. These sanctions were put in place due to North Korea's support of terrorism. And yet the US used to give money to the Mujahadeen. And weapons.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

They used an acknowledged WMD to kill someone in another country. That is by its very definition an act of war.

I never said that -nam was the second coming of the Dali lama. Are you saying that killing -nam was justified because he was underminin -un?
edit on 2/24/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

I'm afraid you are sorely misguided and misinformed!

First of all, the use of WMD's to kill others, regardless of location, violates just about every international treaty in existence on this planet! Not to mention the fact that the use of WMD's to kill others in a foreign country is an act of WAR!

Secondly, execution following a trail in a court of law, conviction and sentencing is carried out in many countries for various reasons, but here's the key element; these things happen within those countries, NOT in other countries. The only exception to this is during times of war (there's that "war" word again). There was no trail here, there was no conviction...there was just outright MURDER using WMD's to carry it out...in a foreign country no less!! What part of that is similar to anything you've just attempted to compare to??? NOTHING! Not one single thing!

Thirdly, Dennis Rodman is an idiot. Period. He doesn't represent us, this country...or anything else but Dennis Rodman.

Forth, Kim Jong Un is a murdering madman. He's an evil despot and a blight on the planet we call Earth. If anyone deserves a Death Sentence for crimes against humanity it's Kim Jong Un himself, right behind Hitler and Pol Pot (but they're both DEAD already)!

And lastly, the sanctions you refer to were put in place because NK can't follow the rules...any rules! They have nothing to do with supporting terrorism, but rather very much to do with, oh I don't know, nuclear weapons maybe, launching missiles over foreign countries maybe, threatening the World with destruction maybe....there's probably 100x more reasons, but supporting terrorism is way down on the list. NK can't even support themselves! How the hell could they provide any meaningful support for terrorists.

Perhaps you should study up on some current events and history before making asinine posts like the one you just posted!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Is there airport security video of Kim Jung-nam being attacked and how he reacted?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is there airport security video of Kim Jung-nam being attacked and how he reacted?

Suppossed to be,but i dont think he got the full power dosage.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Wow!!

After that post.

I really get it. This ain't no joke. People are talking and things are happening.

Really creepy stuff.

I am glad I know nothing.

I sleep well at night.

We need to be thankful we have some very good people looking after our butts. People who put there live's on the line for our freedom.

Stories like this scare the hell out of me.

Thank you to all who protect or freedom.
edit on 24-2-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Here's a video from the airport of the attack, from several different angles...

And here's another interesting video with some data points in it. The video itself is just short of horrible, but it has some interesting data points before and after the events...

ETA...even more interesting is some of the comments to this video, particularly the responses to a 'Gerald O'hare' (there's 30 responses), but you can see some NK operatives actually responding. Chilling actually!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join