It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sightings are at an All-time High

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

UFO sightings have reached an all-time high, according to statistician Sam Monfort.

Monfort collated sightings recorded by the National UFO Reporting Centre, a US organisation that records sightings worldwide, from the beginning of the 20th century.

And there's been a bit of an upward trend...
Interestingly though, Sam has observed that spotting of flying saucers have been on the downturn, despite the rise in sightings over all.

Maybe extraterrestrials have just upgraded?

In terms of geography, Sam says that the US seems to be the most prone to UFO sightings all year round.

The States actually report 300 times as many sightings than the the global average, according to his calculations.

FYI...in the article there are some additional hyperlinks to some really good data this guy has captured.

With UFO sightings at an all time high where have all the REALLY good UFO cases disappeared to? We need another Bob Lazar personality.

Part of me thinks because we now have SO MANY fake UFO videos people have become somewhat detached and disenchanted with the latest "best UFO video". They have become so common place they have lost their once awe inspiring appeal.

I know for myself whenever I see a new UFO video the first thing that comes to mind is if someone faked it. Not if it is real. There's a huge difference in those two streams of conscience and it bums me out.

For the record I am in fact a believer in extraterrestrial UFOs. I was very fortunate to have 3 legitimate UFO sightings. Each very unique unto themselves. I should probably post about it in UFOs and Aliens. Maybe this article should be there as well but I will leave that to the mods. It is a breaking story, however.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Might have something to do with drones being at an all time high.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
"Know this: They are watching." - Whitley Streiber in "Transformation."

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Might have something to do with drones being at an all time high.

That's a great point.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.
It's a welcome relief from the usual threads.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
UFO Sightings are at an All-time High In ats

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Not to say I don't believe we're alone. But our technology has gotten us to see a good amount around us. Any other intelligence that could make the leap here without us knowing of their existence could quite possibly conceal their presence.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes. Fairly easily. Stealth methods that would blow minds. Theyd have to understand the extent of our observational capabilities both biologically and technologically. Also, the current accepted paradigm in terms of "proof" belief and empiricism.

As the OP's name suggests, however, there are always outliers, when it comes to observation...

edit on 23-2-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

UFO sightings have reached an all-time high, according to statistician Sam Monfort.

Monfort collated sightings recorded by the National UFO Reporting Centre, a US organisation that records sightings worldwide, from the beginning of the 20th century.

And there's been a bit of an upward trend...
Interestingly though, Sam has observed that spotting of flying saucers have been on the downturn, despite the rise in sightings over all.

Maybe extraterrestrials have just upgraded?

In terms of geography, Sam says that the US seems to be the most prone to UFO sightings all year round.

The States actually report 300 times as many sightings than the the global average, according to his calculations.

FYI...in the article there are some additional hyperlinks to some really good data this guy has captured.

With UFO sightings at an all time high where have all the REALLY good UFO cases disappeared to? We need another Bob Lazar personality.

Part of me thinks because we now have SO MANY fake UFO videos people have become somewhat detached and disenchanted with the latest "best UFO video". They have become so common place they have lost their once awe inspiring appeal.

I know for myself whenever I see a new UFO video the first thing that comes to mind is if someone faked it. Not if it is real. There's a huge difference in those two streams of conscience and it bums me out.

For the record I am in fact a believer in extraterrestrial UFOs. I was very fortunate to have 3 legitimate UFO sightings. Each very unique unto themselves. I should probably post about it in UFOs and Aliens. Maybe this article should be there as well but I will leave that to the mods. It is a breaking story, however.

Interesting to read. In the last year or so wasn't the sightings at an all time low? With more technology available from cell phones most always available on people one might expect more sightings. To counter that with computer software and other means to faking ufos, Sure there may be more fakes as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

You need to be none burnable is the best answer I can give. A practical approach is a good idea, and by using the common, you should be able to sort out the wheat from the chaff.
How many times do you see a glowing orange ball, or even many of them doddering across the sky, especially at night time then gradually fade out, infrequently, often or not at all. There are thousands of videos showing just that going back years now, yet there are people who film this, who have no clue, or who know exactly what they are, and Chinese lanterns being the biggest culprit.
So, what's the chances of seeing something, say that you see something that you know is in the atmosphere because it is below cloud level, or some other indicator, yet it is gone in seconds horizon to horizon, and made no noise. What might that be, it certainly would be something unusual if you actually observed as given with your own eyes all through, but a video might show something like that just because it is limited, and could be anything.
Infrared night cams are stupid because all light sources at a relatively small distance will look like a ball of light, regardless of the actual source, unless there are distinquishing features like a tail of light as well and so on it goes.

edit on 23-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If sightings are at an all-time high, smart phones ownership is at an all time high, and more people have higher-quality cameras built into their phones,

WHY AREN'T THERE MORE VIDEOS of Daytime UFO's?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If sightings are at an all-time high, smart phones ownership is at an all time high, and more people have higher-quality cameras built into their phones,

WHY AREN'T THERE MORE VIDEOS of Daytime UFO's?

Aliens are vampires, or vampires are aliens.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

That is not unexpected news. Given the arrival of sophisticated drones onto the scene only adds to the confusion. They come to complicate the apparent sightings of "UFOs" along with genuine ET craft and the exotic craft that we loft domestically. All numbers will increase. especially drones and our UFOs.

It will be almost a waste of time to report a sighting. Certainly, reports of moving lights in the sky reached that point a few years ago as they are completely valueless from cell phones unless other, data was also noted such as bizarre speeds, movements or details of a huge dark mass that seemed to contain the lights.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
With more technology available from cell phones most always available on people one might expect more sightings. To counter that with computer software and other means to faking ufos, Sure there may be more fakes as well.

I did an experiment a few years ago to put the theory of people readily having cell phones available to take pix or videos on a moments notice and here is what I found. I imagined I happened upon something incredible. Bigfoot, a UFO, a Unicorn. Then I counted the time it would take me to get to the actual point of taking a picture of whatever it was I was looking at.

First we need to account for a delayed reaction based upon the disbelief factor. Let's say you are waling through the woods and low and behold freakin' Bigfoot is standing right before you. You are going to freeze plain and simple. From both fear and primarily from your brain rapidly accessing and cross referencing every possible thing what you are seeing could be before you arrive at "it's Bigfoot". So let's say that takes anywhere from 3-5 seconds. Then let's just assume you are one cool cucumber and you happen to remember your phone is in your right pocket. The time it takes you to retrieve your phone could be anywhere from 2-5 seconds depending upon how deep you have it or if other junk is on top of it. Then you have to open your phone ap. Let's just assume you are someone who has an iPhone and you know you can access it from your main screen by swiping up and tapping the camera icon. This is assuming you don't have a passcode or a biometric thumb print security feature. It takes me exactly 6 seconds to bypass my security features, swipe up, tap the camera button and aim the camera.

Now we are at the moment of taking a picture. Let's recap. I spent 5 seconds stunned, another 5 seconds retrieving my phone, and another 6 seconds accessing my camera feature. That's 16 seconds it took me to get to the point where I am able to take a picture. If you go back and look at every really cool thing you have experienced in life where whatever it was happened without any precursor I think we would all agree it occurred and was over in probably less than 10 seconds. So I totally get why we don't see more cell phone pics or videos of cool stuff happening in the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
"Know this: They are watching." - Whitley Streiber in "Transformation."

I was thinking "Transformers".

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Not at all. Considering "Aliens are coming" post reaching the number 1 spot on Reddit frontpage.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You guys do realize "Sam's" data is over 7 years old right?

The last sample year was 2010...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I don't think it matters to most.

edit on 23-2-2017 by Dnied because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
You guys do realize "Sam's" data is over 7 years old right?

The last sample year was 2010...

Yes, but the premise is they are at an increasing at an all time high over 10 year periods.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing. You have a point there. I'm not a cellphone fan but know cameras alone can be a pain to use at times. Especially battery wise, focus time to help stop the blur, etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join