It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer says to expect federal enforcement of marijuana laws.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
After listening to the video of Sean Spicer at the news conference......I feel as though he was quite lenient in his stance. ..overall. He actually indicated that medical marijuana would be left alone.....as far as recreational use. ....he can't be expected to stand there in the capacity that he holds and say..." recreational use of marijuana is fine "

I believe his biggest concern is to not make it look like the government is supporting a drug use free for all. I don't blame him in that regard.....the unfortunate truth is marijuana is caught up in a lot of the same circles as other more potent and dangerously addictive drugs.

I believe that as it does become more legal it will be separated more from these other drugs. Even if that is the case....it will take years for that separation to grow to a point where the connection is no longer there. In the mean time it is important to keep kids from being exposed to the other drugs. I think he probably sees that as the case....he just has to walk a fine line at the beginning stages.

What? Someone read the whole quote within its context? Unbelievable! God you lefty's, when will you see that these laws would have never existed in the first place if it weren't for your leaders (with the exception of Nixon and practically every politician in existence from the late Carter era until about 2007-ish) none of these laws wouldn't exist in the first place.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I made a post earlier in this thread that was a blanket statement...I said that the government never had the right to make a law against cannabis...period. That statement is not entirely true. The government never had the right to outlaw cannabis across the board like it did. But due to the fact that we live in a modern society that involves people being put into positions that require a great deal of responsibility...such as airline pilots,truck drivers, bus drivers and many more occupations that require people to have their wits about them at all times. It essentially does require our government to at least regulate the usage of ANY mind altering substance that is utilized by the public.

Society has proven again and again that they cannot all be trusted to regulate themselves. I think we can all agree that we don't want to get on an airplane that is being piloted by a person that has just "toked a fatty"..and I think we can all agree that we don't want our children or grandchildren riding a school bus that is driven by a person that just took a couple of bong hits. And if we don't think that would become more of an issue if pot were totally unregulated...we need to think again. Just look back at the time when alcohol was hardly regulated. It was common at one time for people to drive down the road freely drinking alcoholic beverages. I have talked to truck drivers that drove during the " hey day" of trucking. They told me it wasn't uncommon for drivers to be going down the road with a case of beer on the floorboard beside them. Now...you would think that any generation of people would realize that wasn't a good idea. But obviously whether they thought it was a good idea or not...they still did it. And we would still be doing it..if there were not laws against it. I mean we even had to have laws put into place to keep us from throwing our garbage out the car windows when we were going down the road. Just look back at our highways during the seventies and see how much litter there was. The government had to enact an anti-littering campaign in order to stop us.

So in light of those facts...I think we need to realize just how huge of steps our government has taken toward putting cannabis back to a balanced position within society...(not that it has ever been there). Now I do realize that the reasons it was outlawed in the first place were none of the reasons I talked about. But the fact remains that when cannabis is 'properly' regarded by our government...there will still be SOME regulations surrounding it...they are inescapable. I think the present position of our government is right on track with were it should be..at this stage of the game. We just need to be able to recognize when it is as good as it can get within our current set of circumstances. Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
a reply to: TinySickTears
I agree fully. I'm very much for medical use for patients that have actually been prescribed it. They shouldn't have to worry about getting arrested.

Hopefully this administration works this out if not then I believe the next one will. It can't be too far off.

For non-medical. It won't happen until there are changes at the UN level.
What? You want the UN to make decisions on US drug policy? Now I've heard everything.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Perhaps the Trump admin recognizes that the CIA is one of the biggest drug traffickers in the world.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The whole idea is pure deep-state sabotage of Trump. The War on Drugs is dead already anyway and Trump is way too smart about business not to see right away how bad for business the whole thing is, not to mention how bad a move this would be for his own popularity.

I mean who do you think really wants this, legit businessman Trump who wants to drain the swamp and get America on sound economic footing, or the old CIA drug running Necon Bush/Clinton people? They see an opportunity to try and keep their status quo from collapsing for a little while longer, while at the same time forcing Trump to do something that will be unpopular in most places in the US, including with plenty of people who voted for him.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Obama PROMISED HE WOULD LEGALIZE IT FEDERALLY if elected that never happen..

Federal crackdowns have been happening and went up under obama..

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
originally posted by: Noncents
a reply to: TinySickTears
What? You want the UN to make decisions on US drug policy? Now I've heard everything.

No, I do not want them to nor did I allude that I do. The UN already has international drug laws that member nations agree to follow. Only allowing medical and research is part of those drug laws and currently Uruguay is in violation of them. They've been reprimanded over their violation of the treaties involving this several times.

Check this out for a quick overview of what I've learned while looking into it.

Personally I want the US out of the UN but as long as we are part of it then we agree to follow certain rules.
edit on 26-2-2017 by Noncents because: Correction!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

Duty to ignore the laws or not (I don't partake in the plant anymore, so it doesn't affect me, personally, anyhow), that doesn't mean that you become immune to the punishment(s) pertaining to said laws.

But regardless, my approach is much better for everyone, and in the end has a better result (optimistically speaking).

Sure, you're free to ignore every damn law that you personally deem unconstitutional, but if you're going to do that, you better become a constitutional scholar and the know and understand it inside and out, because your subjective determination could mean diddly-effing-squat in a court of law.

What you're suggesting via T.J.'s quote is a dangerous game to play--but by all means, play it if you want. I'm not saying that I never have and never will again, but I will always do so discreetly. Those who do it blatantly and without thought are the ones that ruin it for everyone.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The bottom line is....government never had the right to make a law criminalizing the use of a plant....period.

That rather depends on the plant. When a substance, plant or not, is harmful, and also causes problems for others in society, yes, they do.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: gladtobehere

In places with legal medical use, there is a lot of abuse of the system. When California did it, for example, a guy went around testing the system, and docs who were set up to prescribe wold do so with no medical exam, nothing but someone asking for a scrip. Clearly, that's a problem.

It's only a problem because it's illegal to begin with, or because it requires a Doctor's authorization/prescription.

No, it's a problem because it can cause behavioral issues, changes in personality, impaired judgment, etc.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

That's why I amended that statement a few posts above this one.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join