It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer says to expect federal enforcement of marijuana laws.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
a reply to: dreamingawake

It might be worthy of its own thread.

Hint Hint....I cant do one since I'm on my phone now.

Good point, looking to see if other state's have addressed this and or have replied.
Washington State has:
Governer's Letter to Sessions

UDub professor Trevor Gardner gave the following points about why tackling local marijuana laws will be difficult for the federal government under a Trump administration:

Here are some of those points.

The federal government does not have ability to direct state and local police
Of 1.2 million law enforcement agents, only 80,000 are operating at federal level, which means in order for federal government to broadly enforce marijuana prohibition it needs to cooperation of state and local police.
The DOJ prosecutes after arrests have been made by state and local police.

In the event Sessions does not have that cooperation, it will be difficult for them to prosecute and enforce the marijuana prohibition broadly in decriminalization states.

News Source- video included

-------------------------

Local businesses react to White House hinting at marijuana crackdown

“The state has hit a homerun with it,” said Maschek. “I mean tax revenues they’re collecting are incredible.”

Lathrop said he pays $150,000 in tax revenue every month to the state.

-source with video

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Will have to say my first red flag. As the war on drugs has displaced thousands south of our border. bush and company (aka) cia have made millions. Knowing weed has way more benificial uses than most pharmacies combined. Think i will retreat back into the trees perse as its starting to look alot like a bush presidency minus asset forfeiture. Best people

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake

It might be worthy of its own thread.

Hint Hint....I cant do one since I'm on my phone now.

Added
www.abovetopsecret.com...
hope it helps those looking into the discussion.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

In places with legal medical use, there is a lot of abuse of the system. When California did it, for example, a guy went around testing the system, and docs who were set up to prescribe wold do so with no medical exam, nothing but someone asking for a scrip. Clearly, that's a problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Jesus wept.

This is so wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
When is the " federal enforcement" of alcohol going to happen?

Widespread consumption of alcohol has led to far more trouble than widespread marijuana use, yet the former is pretty much legal all over the country while the latter is not.

The Trump administration has got it wrong in regard to this policy.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Looks like Washington state is Making a Response to Hints of Trumps Policy.

Washington’s Attorney General Bob Ferguson and Gov. Jay Inslee have vowed to defend the state’s legal marijuana law against a federal crackdown suggested Thursday by the White House.

“I will resist any efforts by the Trump administration to undermine the will of the voters in Washington state,” Ferguson said in an interview.

WASHINGTON STATE WILL RESIST CRACKDOWN

I am so thankful I live in this wonderful state.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The bottom line is....government never had the right to make a law criminalizing the use of a plant....period.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
After listening to the video of Sean Spicer at the news conference......I feel as though he was quite lenient in his stance. ..overall. He actually indicated that medical marijuana would be left alone.....as far as recreational use. ....he can't be expected to stand there in the capacity that he holds and say..." recreational use of marijuana is fine "

I believe his biggest concern is to not make it look like the government is supporting a drug use free for all. I don't blame him in that regard.....the unfortunate truth is marijuana is caught up in a lot of the same circles as other more potent and dangerously addictive drugs.

I believe that as it does become more legal it will be separated more from these other drugs. Even if that is the case....it will take years for that separation to grow to a point where the connection is no longer there. In the mean time it is important to keep kids from being exposed to the other drugs. I think he probably sees that as the case....he just has to walk a fine line at the beginning stages.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Doesn't matter, it's a states rights issue.

Actually him trying to crack down is what will spawn a SCOTUS Case that will finally force the Fed gov to let states do as they please and to remove MJ as a schedule 1.

So good, I hope he does push it as far as he wants to. It'll be a cold day in hell when Colorado gives up billions in tax revenue cause the GOP think they know what's best for everybody.

~Tenth

The individual state will tell the federal government to F'off, because it's a multi-billion dollar industry on many levels, not just medicinal, but also commercial and industrial uses.

This train is rolling and just think about it this way, a group of people standing on the rail-road track trying to derail the MJ train. What do we think the results will be?

Yes a crack-down will open up a can of worm, and most likely legalize MJ via the supreme court. I've been waiting for this showdown for a long time.

Let it begin.

edit on 24-2-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

MSM once again trying to put a spin on a statement,liberal's never let the truth get in way of a good story,only thing said was he would let states vote on it,they are kind of like hoakster's that make fake Bigfoot video's ,except most Youtubers have more class

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I disagree with the federal scheduling of Marijuana and the laws against it, but I am pretty big advocate of being a society of laws (I just wish that they all made sense).

So, my opinion is that they either enforce the law, like they're saying that they're going to do, or change the scheduling of the substance and allow its legality to be controlled by the states. Riding the middle ground of cherry-picking which laws we choose to either enforce or ignore is not appropriate, and it was one of my biggest complaints about the Obama administration.

Don't like a law? Do the hard work to repeal or change it, but don't turn a blind eye and then leave the law on the books for someone else to deal with.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: jhn7537

Big Pharm is the god damn devil...

Big Pharm, not Trump, is the devil.

So stop attacking Trump. Don't you know Big Pharma was in bed with Clinton and not Trump?

Trump is a businessman. I totally expect him to support the pharmaceutical industry along with private prisons to

punish all the MJ users. Business as usual in the USA; It's an established pattern.

If Trump wants to keep his right wing Christian support who put him in office; he will come down hard on the "devil weed" ....
edit on 24-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This is the problem with Extreme Big-Government Superliberals - they think the federal government is there to limit freedoms and decide what types of enjoyment are acceptable for people to partake in.

Sessions should have himself arrested, before he does too much damage. I don't know if he's just "jealous of our freedoms", or if he simply hates freedom. Either way, he is very clearly with the terrorists.

ETA: oops, said Spicer, meant Sessions. Spicer is just the mouthpiece of the Enemies of Freedom.
edit on 2/24/2017 by dogstar23 because: Wrong dipspit

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So sad people are being willfully blind and in denial.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

i like trump policies for the most part but this one sucks somebody in big pharm behind this i am sure or maybe this is where they gonna get money for wall from taxes on weed imports from mexico i.e. drug busts

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

When is the " federal enforcement" of alcohol going to happen?

They tried that once, remember. It didn't go over so well.

To the rest of your post: agreed.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

In places with legal medical use, there is a lot of abuse of the system. When California did it, for example, a guy went around testing the system, and docs who were set up to prescribe wold do so with no medical exam, nothing but someone asking for a scrip. Clearly, that's a problem.

It's only a problem because it's illegal to begin with, or because it requires a Doctor's authorization/prescription.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I disagree with the federal scheduling of Marijuana and the laws against it, but I am pretty big advocate of being a society of laws (I just wish that they all made sense).

So, my opinion is that they either enforce the law, like they're saying that they're going to do, or change the scheduling of the substance and allow its legality to be controlled by the states. Riding the middle ground of cherry-picking which laws we choose to either enforce or ignore is not appropriate, and it was one of my biggest complaints about the Obama administration.

Don't like a law? Do the hard work to repeal or change it, but don't turn a blind eye and then leave the law on the books for someone else to deal with.

Except recall a framer of the Constitution, Thomas Jefferson said it is our duty to ignore laws that are contrary to the Constitution. So following every law without constitutional scrutiny, I just want the America back when you could say "it's a free country and I'll do what I'd like to." Look at the show COPS from the 80s and very early 90s, watch in the shift in the late 90s/early 2000s and it accelerating to where it is today in the 2010s. It's horrible that we have fallen so far away from freedom, legalization is a step in that direction.

We have given far too much power to every level of law enforcement and the cartels. They work together to make more money and justify their purpose. They're two sides of the same damn coin. The law men bust just enough to show they're working, justifying their salaries, equipment, and funding while the cartels lose a little each year, but not enough to put them out of business, in fact quite the contrary they get bigger and bigger, plus more violent. The legalization in CO, WA, and CA has put a huge dent in their business which used to consist in large part of marijuana. If it was legalized federally, the states would legalize in domino effect and the cartels would be even further reduced. We'd still have to fight hard drugs, but those should be illegal because of their damaging effects.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Technically and legally then both are the same..illegal federally.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join