It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer says to expect federal enforcement of marijuana laws.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

There's a big difference between medical use... and recreational use, which is something the Department of Justice will be further looking into," Spicer said.

How can you not see that as "were coming after recreational use"?
edit on 23-2-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

What Spicer is claiming is as Ludicrous as equating bath salts to a six pack of PBR.

Why are people who have no medical or scientific background on psychotropics

allowed to make statements and policy on them.
edit on 23-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Because there is a big difference between medical and recreational marijuana.

Spicer even routed that question back to the DOJ and said you'll have to 'take it up with them.'

So again, where did he say he was going to crack down on the marijuana industry?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What would that difference be?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

So youre agreeing with the stance that they should crack down on rec use ? Because referring to the DOJ is passing the buck on the question, esp bc we know that trump controls everything under his umbrella.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

he said federal enforcement of marijuana laws

you know that though so why play this game

from op link

I think that's a question for the Department of Justice — I do believe that you'll see greater enforcement of it [marijuana]," Spicer said during Thursday briefing, responding to a question regarding the state-federal conflict of marijuana laws

so keep playing
edit on 23-2-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

No there isn't, and certainly not according to the US government which officially considers it to have no medicinal value as a schedule 1 drug.

There is no differece, it's the same substance across the board.
edit on 2/23/2017 by Monger because: spelling

edit on 2/23/2017 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Ya, I'm trying to figure out what exactly he meant?..the product, or the legalities??

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

maybe he meant what he said
federal laws

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Looks like Washington state is Making a Response to Hints of Trumps Policy.

Washington’s Attorney General Bob Ferguson and Gov. Jay Inslee have vowed to defend the state’s legal marijuana law against a federal crackdown suggested Thursday by the White House.

“I will resist any efforts by the Trump administration to undermine the will of the voters in Washington state,” Ferguson said in an interview.

WASHINGTON STATE WILL RESIST CRACKDOWN

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Washington’s Attorney General Bob Ferguson and Gov. Jay Inslee have vowed to defend the state’s legal marijuana law against a federal crackdown suggested Thursday by the White House.

“I will resist any efforts by the Trump administration to undermine the will of the voters in Washington state,” Ferguson said in an interview.

Was just gonna share this.

Sales at licensed pot shops in Washington average nearly $4.4 million per day. That’s close to $1 billion in sales so far for the fiscal year that began last July, some $184 million of which is state tax revenue.

Source

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Right on Washington. I'm proud to live in a state that gives Donald Trump the finger.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Spicer even routed that question back to the DOJ and said you'll have to 'take it up with them.'

So again, where did he say he was going to crack down on the marijuana industry?

What differences considering the recreational shops obtained the medical strains from the same growers who provided the medical shops for example and many still do. Can you elaborate on the differences? Or on what you think he sees as the difference/s?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

It might be worthy of its own thread.

Hint Hint....I cant do one since I'm on my phone now.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I do agree that the legalization movement has gained too much momentum. I hope the Trump administration does try to crack down on it....because then Trumps opponents will have a great reason to protest....and they will get a lot of help even from people that support him in most areas.

I voted Trump but I will join any protest behind this cause. By my own personal gauge, he's been batting about a .550 but that's been falling steadily. I'm starting to question the policy of renovating the executive branch all at once. Come on, Mr. President. Fight one bush fire at a time.

That being said, I see a whole lot of panicking over very little. It's been mentioned about Trump's "trial balloons" previously. That's what this feels like. I would hesitate against doing anything rash until we actually see a response from the DOJ. I do also agree with the potential scenario that this is being done to force congress' hand.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Sean Spicer EQUATES MARIJUANA WITH OPIOIDS THEN LASHES OUT AT REPORTER!

The legal states have done/are doing away with medical marijuana, merging it with recreational shops and Washington State is talking of allowing amount plants per persons as the other legal states allow.

Lets not get hysterical. But yeah do the petitions etc. And keep eyes on Colorado....

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
All the little pot-heads would be very wise in starting a chant: Get Hillary First!! Get Hillary First!! LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Haha, ain't nothing changing here in Colorado.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

NOPE! Trumpzilla is coming to stomp over your herb factories. You had better get stock up on edibles, because after 72 hours there will be total chaos. HURRY!!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
side note, my stars apparently end with a "420", please all of ATS, no more stars!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join