It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer says to expect federal enforcement of marijuana laws.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So are you seriously denying the white house said today they are ramping up prosecution in places where recreational is legal?

You use the word prosecution.

But from the White House today:

Sean Spicer suggested Thursday that the Trump administration will enforce federal marijuana laws in states where recreational pot is legal.

I've got news for you, federal marijuana laws have been enforced in states where recreational was voted in this entire time. It doesn't mean they're going to conduct raids and it doesn't mean that they are going to topple the marijuana industry. If the policy we are discussing involves the word 'industry' you can bet Trump is going to be on the side that means more jobs and more money.

Why can't you admit that you are taking an intentionally vague statement and blowing it out of proportion?

edit on 2/23/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm a moderate who leans more conservative, but I do lean left on certain topics, but I'll say much, going after marijuana is the quickest way to collectively piss off 95% of the country all at once... Right now Trump is only pissing off a good half the country, but if his goal is to piss off the other half, then this is a wonderful way to go about it... Schedule 1 a drug like marijuana means it carries no health purprose, and we know that's BS with marijauna.. as a person with Crohn's who used to take 30 pills a day (now I'm down to 5), once I started smoking my health quickly improved... crazy how so many are being restricted.. Big Pharm is the god damn devil...
edit on 23-2-2017 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Big Pharm is the god damn devil...

Big Pharm, not Trump, is the devil.

So stop attacking Trump. Don't you know Big Pharma was in bed with Clinton and not Trump?

link   
They can try I mean it's worked so far right
Before legal states it was rare to get and the fringe uses never fought back

Yea ramp it up go raid some farms see how many people will fight back with legal and illegal means

If they really are talking about going and raiding legal shops well good luck

link   

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I do agree that the legalization movement has gained too much momentum. I hope the Trump administration does try to crack down on it....because then Trumps opponents will have a great reason to protest....and they will get a lot of help even from people that support him in most areas.

Very correct here as it's not going to go down easy. Law suits, more protests, what have you. There's too much to muck with now, as mentioned from taxes in our legal states, to people's livelihoods(invested all into the industry).

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: jhn7537

Big Pharm is the god damn devil...

Big Pharm, not Trump, is the devil.

So stop attacking Trump. Don't you know Big Pharma was in bed with Clinton and not Trump?

Huh? i just said big pharm is the devil... and im not attacking trump.. I voted trump, but i can criticize him. Getting my vote means I'm going to question what you're doing, because I'm responsible as all the other republican voters who put him in office while telling our liberal friends to not worry..

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Trumps a businessman. Do you not think he favors corporate prisons? It will be a growth industry hiring thousands guards and officers. This is how he is going to put Americans back to work. A renewed war on drugs.
edit on 23-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Regardless of whether it's a democrat or a republican in power this is my main reason for legalization.

The war on drugs is a war on the people

edit on 23-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I say, if the Trump admin turns you into a criminal, be the best one you can be. And donate as much as you can of that far larger amount of illegal money you'll be making now towards undermining this administration at every turn.

The one positive is that if the Trump admin goes through with this, they'll make a large chunk of the population their enemies overnight.

Silver linings, and all.
edit on 23-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Trump really does want a civil war on his hands, doesn't he? Looks like he'll get one, too.

Good luck trying to enforce his cheeto-brained plans. The feds will find the states that legalized it flipping a big fat bird and telling the feds to go f themselves, and local authorities ignoring federal mandates. The amount of revenue states have made from marijuana sales means they will most likely laugh off threats of federal funding cutoffs.

More power to secession movements, it looks like.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

So are you seriously denying the white house said today they are ramping up prosecution in places where recreational is legal?

You use the word prosecution.

But from the White House today:

Sean Spicer suggested Thursday that the Trump administration will enforce federal marijuana laws in states where recreational pot is legal.

I've got news for you, federal marijuana laws have been enforced in states where recreational was voted in this entire time. It doesn't mean they're going to conduct raids and it doesn't mean that they are going to topple the marijuana industry. If the policy we are discussing involves the word 'industry' you can bet Trump is going to be on the side that means more jobs and more money.

Why can't you admit that you are taking an intentionally vague statement and blowing it out of proportion?

Because it isn't that vague of a statement. Lol.

Seriously? I know you bend over backwards to twist what Trump and co say into something positive, but this is a case of you being blatantly obtuse.

You know what? I live in a place where it's recreational, and I work in the industry. And when used in accordance with the recreational law, no one is prosecuted. At all. Ever.

Spicer specifically said "recreational". Thats it. Anything else is mental gymnastics to try and paint this in a positive way.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Oh well, that's not going to stop me from blazing it up before bed.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You know what? I live in a place where it's recreational, and I work in the industry. And when used in accordance with the recreational law, no one is prosecuted. At all. Ever.

Just because you don't have any offenders being prosecuted in your state, that doesn't mean that federal laws aren't still being enforced.

You tell me I'm obtuse and you're taking two or three words and turning it into Trump's manifesto plan to undermine the marijuana industry.

You're absurd.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Oh well, that's not going to stop me from blazing it up before bed.

Didn't stop me before, and won't stop me after... or at anytime... But thank you US Govt. for allowing me the right to be able to head into any bar in america and drink my self into a state of being blacked out!!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
if Trump does this or allows it to be done HE IS DONE.

He just royally effed his one and only chance to be an american folk hero of the highest order as well as bring the US economy back from the brink.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: gladtobehere

Doesn't matter, it's a states rights issue.

Actually him trying to crack down is what will spawn a SCOTUS Case that will finally force the Fed gov to let states do as they please and to remove MJ as a schedule 1.

So good, I hope he does push it as far as he wants to. It'll be a cold day in hell when Colorado gives up billions in tax revenue cause the GOP think they know what's best for everybody.

~Tenth

Just reading this slowed my heart rate back down......

Now to go enjoy myself... then get wildly paranoid, and worry about trump all over again... Its a viscious cycle

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Just because you don't have any offenders being prosecuted in your state, that doesn't mean that federal laws aren't still being enforced.

I live in Washington. That's exactly what it means.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Sean Spicer EQUATES MARIJUANA WITH OPIOIDS THEN LASHES OUT AT REPORTER!

The legal states have done/are doing away with medical marijuana, merging it with recreational shops and Washington State is talking of allowing amount plants per persons as the other legal states allow.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join