It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to expand U.S. nuclear arsenal, make it 'top of the pack': Reuters interview

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Dark ages thinking.

Do the ignorant ever tire of it? It would be a far better, wiser, more intelligent thing to do, to build systems which completely nullify the threat posed by the nuclear weapons wielded by other nations, than to invest in more of them.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
"Top of the Pack" Huh?.

Never heard that term before...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: alphabetaone

Dark ages thinking.

Do the ignorant ever tire of it? It would be a far better, wiser, more intelligent thing to do, to build systems which completely nullify the threat posed by the nuclear weapons wielded by other nations, than to invest in more of them.

I agree, and, while we've definitely had our differences, with this, I can get absolutely behind that statement and sentiment.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Its "language" to refer to something other than WMD as we know it.

Sounds like trump had a briefing andvwas let into a secret the united states has.

The last time a president talked about n7clear weapons manufacturing something awesome happened. The public missed it though. It may be time again to "shine a light" on rogue nations and their nuclear ambitions.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

People have been trying to do that for 70 years now. Turns out it's not an easy problem. The best system anyone has come up with to prevent wars is globalism and economic interdependence. Guess what happens when you put nationalists in power who start backing out of those treaties?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

And now, Trump's administration has resorted to locking out 'certain' journalism outlets as i've outlined in this thread. It's getting more fun with each passing day.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: Aazadan

And now, Trump's administration has resorted to locking out 'certain' journalism outlets as i've outlined in this thread. It's getting more fun with each passing day.

Yeah, this one is pretty appalling, he doesn't believe in freedom of the press unless they write good things about him. Hopefully their are enough patriotic Americans left to hold his feet to fire. Unfortunately the MAGAts will be here shortly to tell you how right his admin is, and that CNN and the NYT are only fake news.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Boy oh boy, God help us, every day it gets worse, God help us!

Trump is going to morally degrade this country so much it may never recover.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join