It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Obama Left Us More Racially Divided Than Ever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Obama, being the crossroads of black and white had a great opportunity to help unite the people of this country, and he fell way short of the mark for that. Being half black he had a chance but he blew it.
Knock knock. ..who's there?
YOU BLEW IT!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Being half black he had a chance to unite the people? Are you kidding us?
So by that logic mules will unite donkeys and horses?
Nice

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Obama sealed his fate as the divider in chief by taking sides and proclaiming racially motivated crimes without any proof and then trying to sell them to the people only to be hush whenever the results came out only to dispel his rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

probably in the 80s.

I think we seem more divided now because of all the videos and social media out now.

And it's just more in everyone's face now than it was before.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Conservative divided America- not Obama. They started in the 60's and have been doing it ever since, but more during the Obama administration than any other time.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
In my personal opinion, much of the problem in America is similar to that of the UK.

As soon as Brexit was voted for some very ugly things started to happen, words I haven't heard spoken since I was a child.

When the Berlin wall came down, amongst other events of that time, much of this dissipated, it was no longer socially acceptable, sensitivity to discrimination became paramount.

Now it has all come flooding back, the same is true of America...it embraced a minority to be President.

Rightly or wrongly there will be times where as individuals we will feel let down by those in power, however racial tension has always been there, what cannot be quantified is just how much was bias.

If we are all honest about it, as much as it really shouldn't matter and that we are one race...the human race, sadly many, many people discriminate, all the time.

Immigration is the biggie, no-one wants to share their land and resources with people from another land, who don't have the same quality of life and yet this Earth belongs to ALL OF US in equal measure.

Sure there are humans in this world who are less than ideal, who aren't the sort of people we wish to associate with, yet nine times out of ten the reason they are the way they are is because others have let them down and trodden on them, just like here in the west, the greed , the selfishness, the us first, the people should pay their own way, this attitude leads to the very problems we have today and have had throughout history.

Obama is not the cause, he is a symptom, of a sick society, one we are all guilty of contributing to regardless of your politics, you want real change, then the whole thing needs to be torn up and started again, stop running the world for profit, stop thinking that because you do something that automatically applies everyone should do the same.

It is only when we can truly appreciate our differences and acknowledge there is no right way for person to live their life that perhaps we can start to move forward.

Alas, there is far too much resentment, take bullying for example, on the one hand you want to be free to say whatever you want to say, on the other hand those words can be weaponised and lead to death.

Free speech comes with responsibility.

Live and let live, we will never achieve it, but it is what we should aspire to.

Ok, leaving my soapbox now.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Obama and his "wife" Michael were the most racist first family to ever grace the Presidency.

Yes, even more so than Presidents who owned slaves.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Lol its obama fault theres so many racist in america.

That is exactly right.

Obama polarized people and created the extremists.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

But hey, whatever makes white conservatives feel like victims and absolves them of their part in racial division!

That's what it looks like for some folks. what i find ironic and morbidly hilarious is that the issue is only legitimate when they are faced with.

And I vehemently deny and oppose what he is saying, I still say the Civil Rights were worst, you know when black people were marching for equal rights.
edit on 23-2-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: LSU0408

But not so for President Obama. His view of our nation seems to be very different than mine and that of many other Americans. I believe that when President Obama thinks of America, more so than a place of hope or opportunity, he thinks of a place where racist white Christian fundamentalists came here from Europe, committed genocide against Native Americans, enslaved and segregated black people, denied women, gays, and other minorities their rights, and used capitalism and a rigged legal system to oppress poor people for centuries. He also believes this is still continuing today.

I disagree. I don't think this guy has any idea what Obama thinks anymore than I do. In fact, what I'm reading is John Gibbs projecting how he imagines that Obama views America.

The freak out over Obama started before he was even sworn in. How do you or Gibbs explain that with this absurd thesis that blames Obama for the reaction of white conservatives?

Why is it that white liberals don't feel this?

Many whites feel the same way, which is one reason Donald Trump is popular. His outright rejection of political correctness that many Americans are sick of seems like a step in the right direction to his supporters, who hope removing PC will allow for honest dialogue without fear of being called racist amidst an environment that has become increasingly charged and accusatory.

I could gaf about political correctness. I don't try to be politically correct in person, online, etc and the only time I have ever been called a racist was on ATS by conservatives because I pointed out that Donald Trump used cult members in Florida rallies as props to persuade his followers that he's actually popular with black people.

But hey, whatever makes white conservatives feel like victims and absolves them of their part in racial division!

I don't know though. What field do you work in?

I work in ngos and government, specifically on anti-poverty work. As a result, a solid majority of people even including myself are social justice types, and there are more of the stereotypical "sjws" than probably your average organizations. I've even been called one. While most people do not do this, there definitely are some people who will attack anyone and especially white people if they disagree with any shred of some minute detail of social justice or identity politics. I've seen it first hand, numerous times.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: jjkenobi

Very true... He covered that when he said this:

A small sampling of the ways he has done this are: accusing whites of “white privilege,” which means having an unfair advantage due to being white,

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Obama addressed these issues most directly in his Philadelphia race speech. On white privilege, he stated: “most working- and middle-class white Americans don’t feel that they have been particularly privileged by their race.”

---------------------------------------------------

My thoughts on the above. There is no such thing as white privilege. When I was in the Coast Guard we had a program called AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. This programs established QUOTAS for the promotion of minorities. Anyone can get in the Coast Guard. I even admitted to some illicit activities in my enlistment interviews and I still got in the Coast Guard and became a rescue swimmer.

You don't have to have a college degree. You can make decent money as senior enlisted. If you fail to join an employer who employs affirmative action, then its your own fault.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join