It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of people without faces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
When I was a child almost all my dreams that involved other people their faces were not there. I knew the person by the body or talk or other ways but I hardly ever saw faces. Not so much anymore I usually see faces now, but occasionally I don't. I have read that its supposed to represent that the person was a stranger or was disfigured. Well in almost all my dreams this is not the case.

I have always associated it to my mental representation of something I know about the person or suspect that cannot be seen. Such as a persons feelings or demeanor. One other thing to note is I have always seen aura's about people. I used to get into trouble alot when I would refer to a persons color by the one I saw about them, i.e. calling a white man black or red because that was the color of the aura I saw.

Has anyone ever had dreams of people without faces and what if anything have you been able to determine from them?

Phae

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've been trying to master the art of lucid dreaming and last night I had a lucid dream. It was so wonderful. I actually helped this little girl to have one too and we were able to make anything we wanted happen. Lucid dreams are so fun because you can control your dreams. It makes night times and dreaming all the more exciting because you decide what's going to happen. I've only been able to do this twice and both times I didn't realize or plan that I was going to do it. But I must admitt this time it was more fun because I was able to do it with another person. Do you believe in parallel dimensions when we're sleeping? My friend once said she and her other friend shared a dream at the same time and at the same night. When they both got up they started talking about there dream and it was the same. I wonder if I really did share my dream with someone else. I wonder if we always share our dreams with other people when we sleep. And just don't realize it. After all, not everybody remembers all there dreams and we dream so many dreams every night. It's an interesting concept and very mind boggling. Think about it and get back to me!

Sincerely,

Lisa Poort

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In my experience, seeing a person without a face in a dream usually signifies that the person is hiding something. Now, that can be interpreted to be a pretty blanket term, since we all hide things from everyone else. Typically, though I'm talking in terms of something significant to you. For instance, if you're seeing a significant other in a dream without a face, they could be hiding the fact that they cheated on you.

This is not a steadfast rule, however (as little ever is when it comes to dreams), and could be completely off base for your reasons for seeing people without faces. It might be a direction to look into, though.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cutiepieus2024
I've been trying to master the art of lucid dreaming and last night I had a lucid dream. It was so wonderful. I actually helped this little girl to have one too and we were able to make anything we wanted happen. Lucid dreams are so fun because you can control your dreams. It makes night times and dreaming all the more exciting because you decide what's going to happen. I've only been able to do this twice and both times I didn't realize or plan that I was going to do it. But I must admitt this time it was more fun because I was able to do it with another person. Do you believe in parallel dimensions when we're sleeping? My friend once said she and her other friend shared a dream at the same time and at the same night. When they both got up they started talking about there dream and it was the same. I wonder if I really did share my dream with someone else. I wonder if we always share our dreams with other people when we sleep. And just don't realize it. After all, not everybody remembers all there dreams and we dream so many dreams every night. It's an interesting concept and very mind boggling. Think about it and get back to me!

Sincerely,

Lisa Poort

Lucid Dreams sound sweet. How do I control them? Any online links for us non Lucid Dreamers?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
For me it has always been a sign of just the unknown. The faceless person represents what might be(as in who) and that the person that I am dreaming about, could be anyone.

I am reading the above and it really doesn't make sense! Let me try again... My dreams of a faceless person usually come when something emotional is missing in my life. A person in my dream is faceless and fufilling what I am lacking *emotionally*. I take that to represent that it is not about any particular person, but a lack of something in me.

I still don't think that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cutiepieus2024

Sincerely,

Lisa Poort

Lucid Dreams sound sweet. How do I control them? Any online links for us non Lucid Dreamers?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phaethor
Has anyone ever had dreams of people without faces and what if anything have you been able to determine from them?

When you dream of people with no face, that means you have no visual information of those ppl. Very easy to dream of ATSers with no face, since they only write posts, but the experiences might be genuine.

So how could you dream of an ATSer if you haven't seen him? Perhaps his avatar would help a lot, but perhaps there is no avatar.

I guess, your dreams weren't that scary.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I used to have dreams of faceless people a lot and always thought I knew them, but then, years down the road, I met someone and I had the dreams again this time with the face of the one I met. SO I think they are dreams of people you will meet later.
(if it helps, the person was my husband)

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
cutiepie2024,
I have never heard of two people sharing the same dream. That is why i tend to think of them as entirely internal and limited to the states and aspects of mind of the individual.
Have your friends had any more than that one dream they shared?

I have to admit i just like hearing about other peoples dreams, it is sort of the land of the sureal.

Metaphorically 'faceless' people is taken as anonymous or unseen. Do you think of these people as not being very distinguishable from one another? Maybe you think you don't see these people in full? Not fully human or with a full personality? Maybe not the whole depth of them?

In your dream do you sense that you simply can not see the face that is there or they don't have one? Maybe you mean they do not show a face to you. That they are genuine in the way they are to you, nothing phoney.

The face is where the human brain focuses a huge amount of processing power. We use some pretty fine detail distinquishing one person from another. We tend to generalize a lot of other visual subjects much more so. Finding differences there takes real attention for us.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phaethor

I googled "Dreams of people without faces" and an ATS post came up from 2005 as the first result! So I thought... instead of creating a new thread... maybe I'd remind everyone of a time where the front page wasn't filled with $h1tty mud-pit threads.

Anyway... last night I dreamed...

I was in an industrial room... mostly steel with some glass. Almost like a futuristic testing room from a video game. There was a cable swinging with some type of boomerang shaped object on the end of it. It swung back and forth and made contact with the platform I was on. This caused some type of reaction and the platform gave way and fell a few feet onto a surface below. It made quite the racket.

It was then I became aware of a balcony where several men were sitting. They appeared to be of a political nature, blue suits, groomed hair, stoic posture. By their skin and hair I could distinctly make out several nationalities.

After the platform slammed down, I was surprised by the lack of acknowledgement that it had happened. I looked over to the men and said , "What's with all the silence did that not freak anyone else out?"

It was then I realized... all of the faces were blank. As in... their faces were only flat skin in the color of their nationality, (dark brown, light brown, smooth cream, pale white, etc) no eyes, nose, mouth, etc. Just groomed hair, colored skin, and a blue suit. I woke and was not particularly scared, more confused because I hadn't really experienced a dream like this one before.

Foreign futuristic environment, many different nationalities of professional looking men watching me in a room and being indifferent to the activities within.

I DID just start playing video games again, so no doubt I added some new programs to my subconscious... none the less... weird dream.

edit on 15-6-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I am not sure what the meaning of this dream is.I take medications to help me sleep at night because of my severe insomnia issues. I cant not determine if this recurrent dream is linked to the medication or if it is something else. I keep having this dream that I am being volatile verbally to a person with no face. It reminds me of those horror movies of people with no face. I can see this person clear as day but the face looks like someone took an eraser to their entire face. I am screaming profanity and spewing such horrible stuff at them. My husband even has told me that recently, I have even been yelling what I am saying to this faceless person out loud. There are many things going on in my life, that are taking a toll on my personal life but from the dream being so random. In my dream, I look around for some kind of clue, to determine who this person is but it is like a blank canvas and this person is the only thing on it. Can anyone help me in solving or helping me to understand this dream that is driving me crazy because I dont know what it is trying to tell me. Thank you for anyone that can help.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
My best guess would be that you need to get to know yourself better. To lucid dream try this. Before you go to bed take three deep slow breaths and the state out loud that you will dream an answer to this question and that you will realize that you are dreaming and will remember the dreams that you have.

new topics

top topics

join