It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Men Provide. . . Real Women Appreciate it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Just because we can play mad scientist, doesn't mean we should... That's damned disturbing and awful close to the type of dystopian eugenics hell many authors have envisioned.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Just because we can play mad scientist, doesn't mean we should... That's damned disturbing and awful close to the type of dystopian eugenics hell many authors have envisioned.

Yeah, really. It would be rough being the retarded offspring of 5 monkeys having buttsex with a fish-squirrel.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Well that aside the point. Personally, I fully endorse (like 110%) any and all ways to allow loving homes to have children. I have known far too many people with fertility issues to be judgy about how that comes about. It's not much more "mad scientist" than the weird crap they do at 4H.

But I only brought it up to tell you that one baby can have two baby daddies. Or none. And I think that's freakin' awesome.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Well that aside the point. Personally, I fully endorse (like 110%) any and all ways to allow loving homes to have children. I have known far too many people with fertility issues to be judgy about how that comes about. It's not much more "mad scientist" than the weird crap they do at 4H.

But I only brought it up to tell you that one baby can have two baby daddies. Or none. And I think that's freakin' awesome.

Yeah, we play mad scientist to enable this, but then we turn around and encourage women to murder perfectly healthy children in the womb because "there's no loving place for them" ...

If a loving home wants a child, should it matter where the kid comes from?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, we play mad scientist to enable this, but then we turn around and encourage women to murder perfectly healthy children in the womb because "there's no loving place for them" ...

If a loving home wants a child, should it matter where the kid comes from?

Hey, I'm with you on that. I think streamlining adoption would make surrogacy and abortion far less common.

Adoption is expensive, the process is monetized, and the requirements are unrealistic for the average loving couple. I've been saying that for years.

But some are adamant about carrying on their family line. I think it's silly but I get it. My daughter is genetically mine but we tried to adopt before that. So I stopped judging people who do either of those things.

ps edit - and who promotes abortion by saying "there's no loving place for them"? That certainly isn't the majority of pro-choice people as I've never encountered that attitude.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Abysha because: added stuffs

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

A lot of people even on this board do that.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

ps edit - and who promotes abortion by saying "there's no loving place for them"? That certainly isn't the majority of pro-choice people as I've never encountered that attitude.

That's sort of the crux of the "Who's going to care for all those unwanted babies" argument the pro abortion crowd rolls out and dusts off any time the argument comes up. That and the old standard "What, do you want to see orphanages spring up again?" The process of abortion has long since been monetized on both sides, with the costs of the process being paid by tax payers and subsidies and the cost of caring for the children being used by the supporters as a crutch to continue the process... essentially monetizing human lives.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not All Women are Feminists and Offended by Manly Men . The Majority of them Admire Masculenity . WTF is Wrong with these Disfunctional Cry Babies ? Biology Cannot be Rationalized to be Redefined No Matter How Hard Any Person Tries .
edit on 23-2-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Besides, this statement on the billboard is so open ended ...

Just what *waggles eyebrows* is he providing that she so likes?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Can anyone confirm that the owner of the Winston-Salem women’s boutique called Kleur who is organizing the demonstration against the billboard’s message isn't the person who paid to put it up in the first place?

LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Interesting marketing technique.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I say counter it with a billboard that says 'Real women provide.....sandwiches'.

You got it wrong, dude. It should be 'Real women provide sammiches...and then wait patiently on their knees.'

If I had the money to burn for s#s and giggles, I'd totally slap that on a billboard and LMAO watching heads explode. Billboard trolling is an untapped resource if ever there was one

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I've never got off on the whole provider thing. People that think they need to provide for others are in my opinion devoid of purpose in life, and desperately trying to look outward to add meaning to what they do, since self satisfaction clearly isn't enough. That's not to say you shoudn't take care of others, that's just communal responsibility, but working just to provide for someone close to you is pure selfishness so you can have an ego trip.

Relationships are slightly different, they're give and take. Each person gets tasked with providing certain things... money, housework, companionship, conversation, or whatever else. It's up to the people involved to define that for themselves. Some people get off on the whole macho thing... those same people are usually the ones too afraid to provide for themselves.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

It's a billboard. It states an opinion. Nothing offensive about it, either, as far as I am concerned! I agree with the sentiment expressed. Nothing wrong with a woman working, of course, but when raising a family, I believe the time is better spent on that, caring for the kids, for the home. That's an important job, and frankly, I get tired of hearing that stay-at-home moms are somehow less important than working ones.

There are billboards around that someone won't like, and others will. This isn't promoting violence, it isn't explicit in some way, so who cares? Don't agree? Fine, your option. Rent your own billboard, and say so, or find a guy that wants you to work outside the home. Meanwhile, I'll be with my guy, of close to a quarter century, working in my home while he provides.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
Sounds like a very North Carolina thing to do. Does it say that real men smoke Marlboros too?

Bingo!
The South has always been 50 years behind the rest of the country (even Kansas!)! *__-

Only the devolved ignorant and children still use the terms "real men" and "real women"!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
You got it wrong, dude. It should be 'Real women provide sammiches...and then wait patiently on their knees.'

If I had the money to burn for s#s and giggles, I'd totally slap that on a billboard and LMAO watching heads explode. Billboard trolling is an untapped resource if ever there was one

I like you.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Real Men Provide....

Grab this part time job. Easy to work around your full time hours. And your wife will appreciate that you are never home demanding sandwiches and beer.
Apply now!!

(Paid for by the man who wants to get to know your wife better!)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

By the way, this is the greatest billboard troll of all time:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
real men provide ............... what exactly ? context is everything

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
There are other relationships that exist besides a male providing for female relationship. First of all, I think it is commendable for a man to provide for his family. But I also think it is commendable for a woman to provide for her family, or for two women who are married to provide for their family together, or to be single and provide for yourself or your family.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join