It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That time when Donald Trump talked about shooting someone on 5th avenue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The way I interpret it. It meant rubber bullets or a BB gun or a water gun. If he were talking about killing or wounding someone, he'd have been in BIG trouble. Such an act if carried out would have landed him in jail.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-2-2017 by happyperson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: happyperson

Regardless of what he truly meant by it, it isn't illegal. The first amendment gives him every right to say it. That being said, he definitely was talking about using real bullets. Interpreting otherwise is just odd or wish fulfillment.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How do you come to the conclusion he was referring to using real bullets?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Why would you come to the conclusion otherwise is the better question. Real bullets are used FAR more often than fake bullets and it would seem that you would have to specify the actual adjectives "bb" or "rubber" to insinuate your intention to talk about them. Otherwise, it should go without saying that you are talking about lethal force.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

How about a water gun?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Do people have zero understanding of context? We wasn't threatening anyone. He was stating that he could do no wrong. You know, like how Hillary actually said she wished she could drone attack Julian Assange, and her supporters had zero problem with it. You're making an issue out of nothing. Fortunately, everyone is smarter than you, and figured this out without any help. Bullets or rubber pellets is completely irrelevant, and only shows you have zero ability to understand context.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: happyperson

How about a water gun?

Seriously, dude. It's like you are just clutching for any straw possible so you don't have to admit that Trump said something that you find questionable.

You know how the right is always yelling at the left for reading too far into Trump's words and saying that he is saying things that he really isn't? Well you are doing it right now.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
People have 1st amendment rights.

Freedom of action is another story.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

How about a water gun?

An old cap gun makes better noise.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

He wasn't referring to anything in particular--he was pointing out that he has such fanatics that support him that they'd still follow him even if he murdered someone in view of many people. Quite honestly, it's not a good reflection on the supporters about whom he was speaking.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The way I interpret it. It meant rubber bullets or a BB gun or a water gun. If he were talking about killing or wounding someone, he'd have been in BIG trouble. Such an act if carried out would have landed him in jail.

www.youtube.com...

Holy crap, I love you new guys. Or maybe it's all one person. But, damn, I'm such a sucker for ironic political commentary.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
He didn't mean actually shooting anyone with anything.

It was hyperbole not to be taken literally.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
trololol

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Legal to say what he said, not to do it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It was an analogy. Settle down.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Or maybe it's all one person.

Good catch.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Trump talked about shooting someone.

Obama's drone strikes killed 117 civilians around the world.

Which do you think Liberals are upset about?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here's the actual text of what he said. There's an entire line missing from the "shoot somebody" quote.

"They say I have the most loyal people -- did you ever see that? -- where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters," Trump said, illustrating his point by pulling his fingers into a gun shape. "Okay? It's like incredible."

top topics

join