It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hillary Clinton Collapses During Appearance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The Associated Press is reporting that Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton has collapsed during a public appearance. Her condition is now known to be good and she has not been hospitalised, contrary to earlier reports. She collapsed at a local chamber of commerce meeting after complaining about a stomach ailment. She will be giving a speech this afternoon at a prominent New York catholic University.

The Junior Senator from New York is up for reelection in 2006 and is one of Americas most prominent Democrats. A longtime champion of healthcare and education reform she is known for her fiery personality and personal strength.

Senate Office Website

MSNBC
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Democratic Sen. Hillary Clinton collapsed Monday during a speech in Buffalo and was taken to a local hospital.

advertisement
Colleen DiPirro, president of the Amherst Chamber of Commerce, told WBEN radio station that the senator apparently wasn't feeling well and collapsed in the middle of her speech at the Saturn Club.

There were no immediate details on whether she was remained conscious.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I hope they are able to re-inflate her.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
damn, .... she seems to be ok

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It worked on Arafat, why not hillary....

just kidding..hope she is well....

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
As soon as I heard this on the radio on the way to work, I knew nerdling would get to it first

Very sad, I heard she refused to go to the hospital and is expected to make the speech later today.

Shes a strong person, and I hope she will make a good president someday.

l8r, J

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
....and wish her & her family well.
But that being said, and my low brow sense of humor being what it is..........about that "stomach flu"...........just exactly how much DO YOU HAVE TO CRAP in order to pass the hell out!?!?!

I mean Jumpin Jaaaaayzus, I've made the mistake of eating from a shanty ( mistaking it for "rustic local charm" ) and paid dearly for it......but I, unfourtunately, remained awake & aware throughout!!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yeah, it takes a lot to make the average person pass out. As a card-carrying town-drunk I can vouch for that (not really by the way, I got drunk and lost the card years ago).
I won't turn this into a Hillary bash, even though it would be fun. I'll just say that my lack of shock would be mached only by my lack of sorrow if this ended up being some sort of long-lasting bio-engineered stomach flu that Halliburton had produced to keep democrats from campaigning or otherwise being politically active from now until after the 2006 election.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just a little medical note. It's actually not hard to pass out at all.

The reason why people with stomach viruses pass out is actually almost always caused by dehydration.

It's highly possible and likely (because of the schedule she keeps) that she was ill and was ignoring it. If you can't keep food down for a long time (i.e. going to the bathroom very often or vomiting) in addition to food not staying down you're also sending out water... and of course dehydration is not pleasant.

More than likely she was taken to the hospital given a bag of IV and will be observed and sent home to be back to work in a few days. Shouldn't be a big deal.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Uh oh I sense another sunami on the way

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If she has what I am getting over it's more than a 24 hour thing -- it's been 5 days and I'm still shakey. But I'm starting to feel human again at least.

jm

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
...........just exactly how much DO YOU HAVE TO CRAP in order to pass the hell out!?!?!

I ate one piece of fresh mozzerella that had gone bad. Of course, I didn't know for sure it was bad, but only tried one piece to see.

I went out in the sun to do some gardening. I got very weak and dizzy. Thought I was gonna pass out. That was waaay before the stomach issues.
This was very mild food poisoning, but I nearly passed out.
I like to think I have a very strong constitution.

*putting back my I-don't-like-hillary-at-all cap back on my head*

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
dam...crying here....some very very funny replies on this thread, thank be-a-jesiz they stoped and some technical views w'r expresed...still laughing friend,
Sven

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Come now...she's a human being..we should all wish her well.

Hope you feel better, Hillary

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
She's been invoking God now and again lately. Perhaps this is all a sham so that she can claim to have had a near-death experience and seen heaven. lol
Just kidding. Get well soon you wonderful left-wing whacko.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Some of you above ^^^ are being a little perverted, don't you think? She's sick for god's sake. It shouldn't matter if you like her or not, just wish her well.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Come now...she's a human being..we should all wish her well.

Hope you feel better, Hillary

What proof do you have of her humanity? I see absolutely none at all!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
What proof do you have of her humanity? I see absolutely none at all!!!

Hah, that's sick.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Djohn, i see what you're made out of. If it was Busho lying on the floor you'd whip out your rosary beads, wouldnt you.

Does it matter if she's a liberal? Is she any less human? pleeez...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Djohn, i see what you're made out of. If it was Busho lying on the floor you'd whip out your rosary beads, wouldnt you.

Does it matter if she's a liberal? Is she any less human? pleeez...

She's fine, F-I-N-E, if you see from the other thread in the regular forums I was concerned and reporting fairly until the news came out that she was OK.

You libs still make fun of Bush choking on a pretzel, where's your human compassion huh?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
After all the free love from the press when her puppet-husband Bill had his heart surgery, maybe it'd be in her best interest to have some "serious ailment" crop up in time for re-election.

Hey, I haven't had the tinfoil hat on for a few days.

Seriously, though. It's obvious she'll make the push for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. If the good-ol' boy Kennedy network will let her in. Now if only she'd get a voice coach, do something about that harridan tone and pendantic lecturing style...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join