It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent protest near Disneyland over off-duty cop firing gun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

originally posted by: roadgravel
The man could have let the kid go and it would not have become the mess it did.

If this happened every day, why didn't he take pictures to identify the kids and then deal with it.

I suppose it's more fun to be an authority figure.

Because the police in large cities don't do anything about crimes like this. People tale advantage of that and pretend the laws don't exist.

Example: liberal protesters blocking traffic, beating people, breaking windows, Smashing vehicles, and starting fires. They know they're not going to get arrested so they ignore the laws.

Example 2: I grew up in a suburb where small laws like drinking in public were enforced. So I didn't do it. Now I live in a big city and walk around drinking beer all the time.

Expecting the police to do anything would be a complete waste of his time.

You mean expecting his coworkers to do something would be a waste of his time?

That made me lol

ETA - yes I know they're different agencies but I mean....c'mon. It's still ironic as all hell lol
edit on 23-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

You need me to post a video of 3-4 kids seriously injuring adults? Cause I will.

Please don't act like kids are weak and can't cause damage to a person or property.

Go ahead son , a police officer is trained in handing grown men and to not escalate a situation, that cop proved he wasent trained properly.

And yea ill say it again there kids lol, if you need a gun to stop 4 kids from jumping you, you need a new job.

Are you saying that women can't be police officers? Sexist.

No seriously your view is absurd. 15 year olds are physically developed adults in their physical prime and can put a whooping on anyone. Let alone a mob of them. They're not kids.

Well said sir you are 100% right.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wonder if this man had asked kids to not walk through his yard and they had actually done it before.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The off duty police officer was the one assaulting the 13 yr old kid, his schoolmates were the ones acting in self defense in what looked like an attempted kidnapping. The off duty police officer had no right to drag the kid through the streets and pull him back on to his property. He is allowed to chase them off his property but that's it. When the police cars showed up the 13 year old did not resist. OP if you are scarred so easily by kids you should not become a LEO, you might do well as mall security though.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I wonder if this man had asked kids to not walk through his yard and they had actually done it before.

according to reports it's been a ongoing issue.

"The confrontation began over ongoing issues with juveniles walking across the officer's property," Anaheim police said in an updated statement issued Wednesday, after cellphone video of the altercation was posted on YouTube.
Video shows off-duty California cop fire weapon in struggle with 13-year-old

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I was curious if the kid being held had done it before or just the bad luck of doing it that day with other kids who often did.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

well seeing how it was after school and there appeared to be a bunch of them, i would think that every kid on that block knew he didn't want them on his lawn,even just by word of mouth. i mean if they do the same thing everyday, it's kinda obvious. get off the bus/walk to school/ home. he comes out and yells at them. it doesn't take a whole lot to understand that the man doesn't want you cutting across his yard.
edit on 23-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yes, the kids should understand. I wonder why he hadn't been getting pictures to support any claims that might arise.

A lot depends on whether in that state a person can detain a trespasser.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

from what some have posted in the two threads there seems to be a statute that allows for a forceful removal.
now being that he was a cop, and the kid actually said he would shoot him, the cop might have grounds for chasing and detaining him.

the kid claims he didn't do any thing but, tell the cop to respect the girl and say he was going to sue him. he also claims the cop kicked him in the nuts.

now question i have, why would he have said i'm going to sue you before the cop chased him or even tried to kick him in the nuts, and detain him.
edit on 23-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Why didn't he arrest him for trespass?

Aren't off duty officers still police. If the threat to an officer card is in play then the kid would need to know the man was an officer, correct? From what I have seen, police don't do generally anything about some verbal threat unless they want to add some charge to another crime. Women get threatened often and the police usually say they can't to anything with a threat.

This is a minor, correct.

I pretty sure he will face nothing since he is an officer, even if the average person would. (Not saying he positively broke a law at this point)

edit:

Kids often say things they hear such a "sue you", etc. Just talk.
edit on 2/23/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

according to reports it's been a ongoing issue.

Damned little thugs. They certainly ran like little girls when the shot rang out.

Ahhhhahahaha!!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: one4all
a reply to: Stevemagegod

I someone murders your family or vandalises your home...you call the police.

Yes 911 some people are upstairs raping and murdering my family. I have a gun, but I choose to let it happen and wait for you.

What if they make you watch?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
You would be better off as a prison guard; at least you would be working in a controlled environment!

If you think being a Prison Guard is in a controlled environment then you are retarded. And just by your ignorant statement alone I can tell that you have never studied the field like I have.

And you want to be a cop? Has this story taught you nothing? You miss the Ferguson episode? Or maybe you think you can do what a lot of city cops in Texas do......hideout behind the local Dunkin' Donuts shop and slow-roll to active-shooter crime scenes?

This story has taught me that people like you hate Cops and will not defend themselves,there family, or property. And if you do defend yourself then you are the Criminal.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I don't think you are being biased at all. There was a large group of teens, and he was trying to restrain the one, clearly over something the boy had done. With others crowding in, and likely a lot of threats issued, and menacing behavior, he was clearly being threatened. Restraining a kid who commits a crime is NOT a crime, and no, the kid doesn't need to file a lawsuit about that, either! As for his mother, sheesh! If one of mine was messing with someone's property, they'd be hearing about it from me!! She's making excuses, acting as though he did nothing wrong! The way the kid claims he's "a minor", and so it doesn't matter, is atrocious, too. Yes, it DOES matter. Being underage is NOT an excuse to commit a crime! Nor is it reason to be out of control. We were all teens at some point, but we weren't all going around messing with the property of others, or being threatening. Firing a shot, as a WARNING, in self defense is completely justified! They are lucky he didn't shoot anyone. Self defense is a right. It's a right for cops, too.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Mandroid7

Unedited video. Off duty officer gets bum rushed by 3-4 teens before pulling his gun.

Good find. Note how they move around him like a pack, ready to attack, and are clearly threatening. Once he pulls the gun, they scatter. Shows that he needed it, clearly! No wonder he's not arrested, and some of them were.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Ya, you should suuuuure be a cop.
What a joke.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Why didn't he arrest him for trespass?

He did - that's why he was detaining the kid.

Aren't off duty officers still police. If the threat to an officer card is in play then the kid would need to know the man was an officer, correct? From what I have seen, police don't do generally anything about some verbal threat unless they want to add some charge to another crime. Women get threatened often and the police usually say they can't to anything with a threat.

This is a minor, correct.

He is a cop, and had every right to detain the kid. One, repeated trespassing which is a crime, and two, the kid threatened to shoot him. Note, too, the kid claims his dad is a cop, meaning he'd have access to guns, even in California. He likely did threaten, as is stated. Being a minor does not excuse his actions. He knows he's a minor, and kept pushing that point, showing he's using his age as an excuse to do whatever he wants. His dad being a cop, if true, is interesting, too - how much trouble could a cop parent cover up?

I pretty sure he will face nothing since he is an officer, even if the average person would. (Not saying he positively broke a law at this point)

edit:

Kids often say things they hear such a "sue you", etc. Just talk.

He should face any charges. We can see clearly, in the longer video, from more than one angle, that several of the boys surrounded him, and were attacking. He had every right to defend himself, and did so. He even did it without actually shooting any of them. Good job on his part, from the video evidence.

The way that crowd was behaving, it's clear they are an ongoing problem in that neighborhood, pushing the boundaries, deliberately antagonizing people, and expecting to get away with it. Note the older fellow was NOT protesting anything happening to that kid? I could easily imagine that crowd's reaction if someone his age, with a cane, asked them to stay off his lawn.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Good find. Note how they move around him like a pack, ready to attack, and are clearly threatening. Once he pulls the gun, they scatter. Shows that he needed it, clearly! No wonder he's not arrested, and some of them were.

If a thug was assaulting my friend I'd want to help my friend like these kids did.

A grown man had a fit because kids cut through his yard. He proceeded to escalate the situation by assaulting a 13 year old and attempting to drag him to his yard. I will never understand why in situations like this, people expect a higher standard of behavior from children rather than adults.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

a reply to: dukeofjive696969

"wow"... You just don't seem to get it. You said or insinuated that they are just harmless teens and the cop shouldn't have been scared of them and drawing his gun was uncalled for. I'm proving to you that teens are not harmless and that this guy, whether he is a cop or not, is in the right to draw his gun to protect himself after they bum rushed him.

Na i get it, the cop should lose is job for being an idiot, and you should take a break from posting, you seem triggered.

Lol thanks for the suggestion but I think I'll decline. How would making you look like a fool trigger me?

You posts actually point out that, the fact, this guy was a cop actually triggered you.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

If a thug was assaulting my friend I'd want to help my friend like these kids did.

A grown man had a fit because kids cut through his yard. He proceeded to escalate the situation by assaulting a 13 year old and attempting to drag him to his yard. I will never understand why in situations like this, people expect a higher standard of behavior from children rather than adults.

The cop isn't a thug, and the teens were the ones committing a crime. They knew exactly what they were doing, did it on a daily basis, and were pushing it to see how much they could get away with, basically daring anyone to stop them. Well, he did, and he had every right to do so. These aren't small children, unable to understand basic rules. they are teenagers, and should be held to a standard of behavior. I have teens, and they don't walk across other people's lawns, and act as these did.

The cop's behavior wasn't out of line, at all. He arrested a guy who threatened him, and he defended himself against an attack by several more.

I will never understand why some people don't seem to think that teens should have any standards of behavior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join