It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent protest near Disneyland over off-duty cop firing gun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am seriously convinced that people have gone full R*****. You Never go Full R.

www.cbsnews.com...

Maybe I'M biased because I want to become a Cop and I have already taken my Local Police Civil Service Exam(just waiting on the results), along with my Uncle being a NY State Trooper just retired after 30+ Years on the Job everything from Hurricane Katrina, to Cleaning up 911 wreckage etc., to my neighbor who's a local Police Office close to retiring after 30+ Years also served in the Air Force as a Chief Master Sergeant served 2 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. But after reading just the 1 paragraph I don't think so.

ANAHEIM, Calif. – Scores of protesters clashed with police on the streets of Anaheim Wednesday night as they called for the arrest of an off-duty Los Angeles police officer who was caught on video firing his gun during a confrontation with teens outside his Anaheim home Tuesday afternoon, reports CBS Los Angeles.

1 Guy vs. A Mob and A Warning Shot in the air to protect your property good lord people. Wake the # Up. On Facebook I have been seeing comments like this:

I love the comments of the folks defending the cop and calling the young teens thugs when clearly the off duty cop is holding onto the 13 year old and forcing him to do what he wants. Then, the moron pulls out his gun and fires.

Let me get this straight you arrest the kids and not the grown man arguing and fighting with the kids and ultimately shooting at them. Because make no mistake 13 and 15-year-olds are immature kids who don't know how yet to control their own emotions. But a trained off duty police officer should show more control and maturity in this situation than children, meaning if nothing else he should have just walked away and talked to the children's parents about their behavior.

A 13 year old, barely a teenager. If a big burley cop can't handle a 13 year old he needs a new career . I'm not usually down with the anti cop thing but I am in this case

There have been “ongoing issues with juveniles walking across the officer’s property,” according to a statement from the LAPD.

You don't harass the Officers at there Homes where there Families are.

The video shows the unidentified officer firing a single round during the off-duty tussle with a 13-year-old boy, identified by CBS Los Angeles only by the name Christian.

The Video also shows a Mob of People on his property.

Anaheim Mayor Tom Tait said in a statement Wednesday that he was concerned with what he saw in the video, and the city is committed to a full and impartial investigation. The American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement that the video was deeply disturbing, and said investigators need to explain why the boys were arrested, but not the officer who fired the shot.

I'm done this ridiculously. Apparently the Mayor and ACLU has no understanding of what defending your own property means.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

In the People's Republic of California you don't have a right to self-defense. You are just supposed to die on your lawn.

Why does a sane person still try to live in that state?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hate to point it out to an outstanding poster such as yourself, but someone already opened a thread re: this subject in the pit. www.abovetopsecret.com

link   
The man with the gun needs psyciatric assesments....his understanding of the world he lives in is skewed and he is DANGEROUSLY DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY......this very well could be the result of his conditioning he recieved as a Policeman ....anything pre-trump will look like and end like this....the system this cop came out of is rotten...the moron thinks he is in the right....he has been brainwashed by his bosses to iterpret laws incorrectly....this will take a long time to change because this cop and ALL of his buddies must be removed and remediated so the CULTURE which built this psycho changes as well.

Humanity comes BEFORE PROPERTY LAWS kiddo....if you want to be a cop....know this....and be aware things are now changing....so if you think for a New York second that you will ever be allowed to run wild like every cop you have ever seen in your short young life....well wake up young fellow....its now going to be PEOPLE BEFORE PROPERTY....so get used to it....being a cop will no longer include fringe benefis the thin blue line used to provide.

link   

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Defending his property?

They walked on his grass, they weren't armed and ready to break in.

He's a coward. And weak.
At least we know he's not on steroids because he could barely tussle with the 13 year old lad.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The protesters also threw rocks at the home of the LAPD officer, spray-painted his garage and scratched a pickup truck in the driveway, CBS Los Angeles reports, adding that some protesters mistakenly tagged another home in the neighborhood, wrongly thinking it belonged to the LAPD officer.

I would've just shot them and claimed self-defense.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Defending his property?

He's a coward. And weak.
At least we know he's not on steroids because he could barely tussle with the 13 year old lad.

Read the article they weren't just walking on his grass.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
The man with the gun needs psyciatric assesments....his understanding of the world he lives in is skewed and he is DANGEROUSLY DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY......this very well could be the result of his conditioning he recieved as a Policeman ....anything pre-trump will look like and end like this....the system this cop came out of is rotten...the moron thinks he is in the right....he has been brainwashed by his bosses to iterpret laws incorrectly....this will take a long time to change because this cop and ALL of his buddies must be removed and remediated so the CULTURE which built this psycho changes as well.

Humanity comes BEFORE PROPERTY LAWS kiddo....if you want to be a cop....know this....and be aware things are now changing....so if you think for a New York second that you will ever be allowed to run wild like every cop you have ever seen in your short young life....well wake up young fellow....its now going to be PEOPLE BEFORE PROPERTY....so get used to it....being a cop will no longer include fringe benefis the thin blue line used to provide.

Well then if Humanity comes before Property Laws what if one of those little Angels burns your House with your Wife, Kid, Dog, or Cat in it? Various articles i have read on the subject have stated his House has already been vandalized. Arson is just a step away from childish vandalism.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You should follow your own advice, never go full retard.

13 year old kids scared a cop lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Defending his property?

He's a coward. And weak.

You don't know that. Tell me where you there?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

In a day and Age where BLM yell Police in a Blanket fire um like Bacon you do the Math.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

The protesters also threw rocks at the home of the LAPD officer, spray-painted his garage and scratched a pickup truck in the driveway, CBS Los Angeles reports, adding that some protesters mistakenly tagged another home in the neighborhood, wrongly thinking it belonged to the LAPD officer.

If only this was in Texas.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Defending State perpetuated Violence = Freedom

Breaking Windows and fighting back against oppression = "Violent Thug Criminals"

American Logic?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I just watched the video.

The guy was pulling the minor onto his property, over the bush and accidentally discharged his firearm.

Yeah not OK.

Does anyone have any vid that isn't cut up to this incident?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Don't think you'll find the unedited video, the Lamestream media only feeds you their crap version, not the truth!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

In a day and Age where BLM yell Police in a Blanket fire um like Bacon you do the Math.

So your saying you got triggered again.
edit on 23-2-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

If only this was in Texas.

I live in Indiana.

Indiana's "Stand Your Ground" law provides, in part, that "[a] person is justified in using reasonable force against any other person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force." However, a person "is justified in using deadly force", and does not have "a duty to retreat", if the person "reasonably believes" that deadly force is "necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony." This law makes it clear that "[n]o person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary."

The words "reasonably believes" and "reasonable" means that every case of self-defense is going to be fact sensitive, and many times only one person is left to give an account of the events that purportedly occurred. The statutes also contain several exceptions, which muddies the water even more. However, the current Indiana "Stand Your Ground" law, when applicable, appears to make taking another's life legal even if you do not believe you are under the threat of death from the other person.

Source

Think that would work?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Humanity before hubris.

What if I find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

The man is a psycho.

Those are kids not a gang.

Be nice to people and they will usually be nice to you...and NO...you dont get to strap on a gun to make sure everyone is nice to you....ever.

One wrong word is a step away from conflict for everyone....so what...we all know this but we dont carry guns to enforce our comfort zones.

No...you home is not a castle you can defend with cannons....you choose to live in a community and in doing so you abbrogate your right to arm yourself with cannons and you entrust your well being to the POLICE like the rest of us.....if you wish a castle move out to the country by yourself like many people do.

I someone murders your family or vandalises your home...you call the police.

Being an arsehole ...inciting problems with your communitys youth...then trying to bastardise laws like you learned to do by proxy as a police officer in the pre-Trump era so you can use a gun to KIDNAP ,intimidate and terrorise OUR YOUTH is not acceptable.The thin blue line stopped when you left the office dummy....reality struck when your shift ended and you left the building pal...we all have to accept how rotten things got...and that its time for change NOW.....and that change makes the man with the gun a criminal...full stop.

You can travel to a lot of places in this world and never see people shot in the street like dogs by cops....kids...old people...women....tazed and tortured and MURDERED ON VIDEO FOR US ALL TO NOW SEE....INNOCENT PEOPLE....its sickening and it has been AMERICAN....this will now change with Trump...just be patient.

Please spare me the "little angels" propoganda and do not by prozy try to demonise Americas youth because THEY ARE THE FUTURE.....not the rotten piece of crap who pulled a gun on a bunch of kids.

Think about the coming changes as OLDE SCHOOL CHRISTIAN CHANGES....we do not care what the bastardised and twisted and corrupt current laws say....we are demanding change NOW....common sense humanitarian changes....lol....and NO the people arent going to spend 100 years fighting to change the crooked laws Americas jusice system has been overloaded nd poisoned with as the former powers that be would like us to do.

The power of the people when they come together in groups of protest will EXPEDITE the UNDOING of the damages done to the USA since JFK was murdered....one day we will ALL be disgusted by that crazy gun toting mans behaviour.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
a reply to: Mandroid7

Don't think you'll find the unedited video, the Lamestream media only feeds you their crap version, not the truth!

So what is the backstory? It is clearly cut out of video.
Did the kid do something warranting arrest, was he trying to detain the guy?
I need to see vid before I attack a side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join