It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC chair hopeful Ellison calls for Trump impeachment based on emolutments clause

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It is worthwhile to note that while 2 out of the previous 44 presidents have been impeached, neither was convicted by the senate to be removed from office. Personally, I think his argument is baseless. He would have to prove that Trump received emoluments from foreign states. That is not an easy task IMO. Plus, no president has ever been impeached over the constitution's emoluments clause so there is no precedent for reference.

I quote.

The lawsuit cited by Ellison, brought by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), a non-partisan public advocacy group, charges that Trump is in direct violation of the emoluments clause every time he receives “cash and favors from foreign governments, through guests and events at his hotels, leases in his buildings, and valuable real estate deals abroad.”

To prove this, they would have to provide specific instances involving specific persons rather than vague statements like these.

www.truthdig.com...
edit on 23-2-2017 by happyperson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: happyperson

Where's all the outcry from Democrats about the money wasted on this investigation? That's all we heard about for voter fraud or Hillary's E-mails.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This keeps coming up, by various people.
Isn't that considered insanity- doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results?
Or are the people doing this not paying attention, they don't realize that it's been tried about half a dozen times in the past month?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
To prove emoluments clause violation, they must prove Donald Trump personally received this particular amount of money from a foreign state. It does not appear he has.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
worthless, just like him

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

This is just another attempt by Ellison to lock up the nomination.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yep!

Don't think for a second that this filth doesn't want a civil war in the US! All I can say to those on the Progressive Left is, "Be careful what you wish for, because you have no idea of the *snip*storm you will be bringing down on our heads.......

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If Ellison gets the DNC Chair, the Democrats will go deeper into failure.

Go Keith !!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm confused, hasn't pretty much all politicians and past presidents(and their families) been showered with "gifts" from most other nations. I seem to recall seeing several examples of jewelry or other things they have received.

Is that what this clause is about?

If so, why is this such a "bad" thing just now?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: happyperson

The lawsuit cited by Ellison, brought by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), a non-partisan public advocacy group, charges that Trump is in direct violation of the emoluments clause every time he receives “cash and favors from foreign governments, through guests and events at his hotels, leases in his buildings, and valuable real estate deals abroad.”

To prove this, they would have to provide specific instances involving specific persons rather than vague statements like these.

Well also since this was his business long before he was President it would be hard to prove any intent in violation of the emoluments clause to reach any serious level of impeachment. BTW, would he do the same for Hilary with her foundation receiving huge amounts of money from foreign countries that were used for personal expenses?

I have said it before....this is what happens when you allow the radical left gain control of your party.... Enjoy another 20 years of full Republican control no matter how bad Trump is....lol

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Where's all the outcry from Democrats about the money wasted on this investigation? That's all we heard about for voter fraud or Hillary's E-mails.

9 investigation run by the republicans on benghazi and there still calling for more lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Why is the Electoral College so bad now after over 200 years in play, why is talking to Russia before being in office so bad now when Obama did it for the cameras. Why is wanting to put Americans first so bad now... I could go on....but I think everyone gets the point.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
To win the argument, the emolument has to be to Donald Trump and not to the Trump organization. If someone cleans my house, that's not a gain to me personally.
edit on 23-2-2017 by happyperson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: jjkenobi

9 investigation run by the republicans on benghazi and there still calling for more lol.

I don't know.... First Ambassador killed in over 35 years with a lot of questions as to why we didn't support him, compared to someone staying at Trump's hotel for the night....

I see how this can be a tough choice in which one is a waste of money...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Why is the Electoral College so bad now after over 200 years in play, why is talking to Russia before being in office so bad now when Obama did it for the cameras. Why is wanting to put Americans first so bad now... I could go on....but I think everyone gets the point.

Not everyone, apparently.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If Ellison gets the DNC Chair, the Democrats will go deeper into failure.

Go Keith !!

I agree.
I also hope that the white woman that hates being white gets a shot at the DNC Chair too, can't remember her name at the moment.
The Democratic Party is on the verge of collapse as it is, with all the dummies they trot out.
They should be desperately looking for someone to lead them in the mold of JFK, not Louis Farrakhan.
Complete knuckleheads.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Who better to head the DNC?

I'm loving watching this guy; really hope he gets selected! He'll make the Democrats relevant again........at least to a lot of Democrats.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: happyperson
DNC chair hopeful Ellison calls for Trump impeachment based on emolutments clause

As soon as his taxes are made manifest!

top topics

join