It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Keefe drops #CNNLeaks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: IAMTAT

Actually the polls were based on the popular vote. Hillary won the popular vote. Just saying

No, Hillary won California and New York by a larger margin.

Because the "popular vote" is not a real thing, and the Presidential election is not won by mob rule. It's not determined by only two states.

Just sayin.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Your point?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Actually, the idea of a constitutional republic doesn't eliminate the idea of majority rule in elections.

In the case of the US it just shifts it to the state level. If you vote against the state mob your vote is nullified, except those states that allow splitting of the electoral votes.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Actually, the idea of a constitutional republic doesn't eliminate the idea of majority rule in elections.

In the case of the US it just shifts it to the state level. If you vote against the state mob your vote is nullified, except those states that allow splitting of the electoral votes.

Democracy is inherently mob rule. The Founding Fathers intended to minimize that effect by bringing it to the state level.
edit on 24-2-2017 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I know that spiel well. Elections are always majority rule. What the founding fathers did doesn't change that.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

There is already lots of evidence showing mainstream media "malfeasance". In wikileaks or DNCleaks (can't remember which) there are emails in which left wing reporters admitted collusion with the DNC in favor of Hillary Clinton. For example, DNC staffers writing the questions that reporters should ask HIllary Clinton...

There are leaked emails showing that reporters made agreements with the DNC for journalists to send the stories to the DNC first so they could read them before these stories were to be published.

Leaked emails reveal Politico reporter made 'agreement' to send advanced Clinton story to DNC

5 Emails Showing The DNC Was Coordinating With The Press

BIAS ALERT: WikiLeaks exposes media's secret support of Clinton

There is also evidence of DNC staffers writing questions that journalists should ask Trump as a candidate.

DNC staffers wrote questions for CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer when he interviewed Trump, new batch of 8,000 WikiLeaks emails reveals

There is more than enough evidence showing collusion, and illegal activity on the part of the DNC, and lamestream media.

But instead of concentrating on the evidence revealed in the wikileaks, and DNCleaks, the lamestream media and a lot of people in the left want to claim "that information was hacked by the Russians so you shouldn't believe or pay attention to those leaks"...

edit on 24-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I know that spiel well. Elections are always majority rule. What the founding fathers did doesn't change that.

Elections are not about "majority rule" more so when there is a lot of evidence supporting the fact that about a couple of million of people or more who were not eligible to vote, voted.

Think tank backs Trump, says large number of non-citizens vote illegally

National Hispanic Survey Results

Do Non-Citizens Vote in U.S. Elections?

edit on 24-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

edit on 24-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

What?

The point I was making wasn't about the 2017 elections in the US. It was about elections in general.

Just because the US uses the Electoral College doesn't mean that that is a required or exclusive trait of a republic.

There are many constitutional republics with a straight majority vote in their electoral system.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

There are many constitutional republics with a straight majority vote in their electoral system.

They wouldn't be Republics then, they would be "Democracies". A Democracy is "majority rule". In such democracies it is possible for the majority to suppress the rights of minorities.

A Republic aims at protecting all people, including minorities. In a Republic elected representatives have to represent the entire population, including minorities.

edit on 24-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They have it so twisted that I may actually be talking to my mini me :>) They make it very hard to do stats ...I am sure it is actually underrated ...prof you say ? ok ....trump .

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

No, they are republics. The electoral system isn't what makes the US a republic.

The constitution and equal rights before the law are what protects minorities.

In 9 out of 10 US elections the popular and the electoral vote matched. That didn't mean that minorities where at risk of having their right oppressed during those administrations (well they did in some but not because of that).

edit on 24-2-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Canadian.
You got a problem with bacon and maple syrup dude ???? go ahead punk and make someone elses day .I am nearly finished for the day and am going to bed ....so there take that all you Yankees where ever the heck you are ...where the heck are you not ? just sayin

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
What we don't talk about is how almost half of the population; half of its 39 million citizens came out to vote!
I wish it was all about love of democracy and that you know western civilization as a whole really cares about where the government goes, but that would be wrong since statistically the US average of eligible voters (18 and older who cares) who REGISTERED TO VOTE COUNTRY WIDE WAS LESS THAN 50%.
CALIFORNIA SET A NEW RECORD IN 2016 FOR VOTER TURN OUT. DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE TO BE AN AMERICAN CITIZEN TO VOTE?
I sympathize with any immigrant as I am a descendant of one myself, I wish we lived in a world where we could bring goods and power to all your devices without hesitation. I wish the bell did not have to toll for every generation because I am lactating out of my tits with pure anger and I don't even have the glands for that drive.
O'Keeffe drops a bomb eh? Even the Main fringe websites won't cover this; its ingrained in our everyday lives too deeply, why take away the mystery, the substance of your intelligent discussion? The essence of your discourse?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I love Canadian's!. The Canadia episodes in South Park are my favorite, eh!

The one in question there has toned down a lot, but there used to be certain sensitive US social issue threads that would get derailed galore. So I couldn't resist posting that "Endless Canadian Argument" piece at the time.

I'm from the north too, and used to get into hockey (the only sport I ever did), although I was never meant for there.

Molson Ice!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join