It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Honor just a farce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
" Being exposed or exposure with an honorary system, makes people somewhat irrational in their thinking."
Simple words guided by a friend, to try to explain when people do weird s#.

The easiest among targets are the ones who have it less fortunate than others, usually its a purpose along with jealousy, or make it easier, instincts in a fictive environment. Every opportunity to mislead those less educated, those less fortunate, by just making them believe in ideals and fairytale magic, will mostly lead to someone elses agenda. Usually a personal agenda is guided by mostly fear, but the words often declared;" Its nothing but brotherly Looove "

How do you see a simple matter as " honor- related violence "? Is it okay under certain circumstances? I know that in most western cultures its considered a crime, but im pretty sure a subjective narrative in someones mind can portray another story, its that little thing called " Honor " that makes it ok, or does it?

For me an intent is the answer, taught by Christian Ideologies, the rest is just a primitive primal behavior when like minded people ( usually men ) try to understand the world we live in and discuss it and call it a friendly advice.

I just know that the dogma we live in, is the one we should abide to, despite what people think.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

It might just be a matter of semantics, but my sense is that most, if not all, violence committed for "honor" is really committed because of false pride. The thought process goes, "I can't let someone do this to me, my family, my country, my race, my religion, etc.." It is my belief that truly honorable people will not stoop to the level of those committing such acts. The only exception to this would be in self-defense, or defense of another, when the harm is imminent. However, at that point I don't think it is really honor that motivates, or a lack of honor that fails to motivate, a person. It's more of the fight/flight instinct.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

The only exception to this would be in self-defense, or defense of another, when the harm is imminent.

Do you think this can fall under "honor" among certain people

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Honor as such is a self aggrandizing, egotistical concept. Honor killing is the biggest oxymoron ever to be spoken by any human being. As such I would put the emphasis on the part that says moron.
Scenario:- a man kills his daughter because she "offended" his, his family etc. etc. a woman loses her life because he feels "offended" so in any reasonable scenario to kill a human being is NOT "honorable" it is "dishonorable" and ANY man quoting honor for his "excuse" for killing should be shunned from society and prosecuted.
Also ANY religion or society that condones "honor" killing should be outlawed.
And in the "honor killing" scenario it is NOT a farce it IS a deranged psychological mentality.
edit on 23-2-2017 by crayzeed because: answer to OP.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Is Honor just a farce

Only for those that have none.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Is Honor just a farce

Only for those that have none.

AGree. However, honor killing has no place in a discussion of honor. There is nothing honorable about it and the act of it is more than dishonorable.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Then what do you place Pride under?

top topics

join