It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's foreign minister rejects Trump deportation policy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I heard this discussed on Fox News yesterday.

It will be anyone who arrives in the USA illegally from Mexico. Lots of people first go to Mexico, and then cross to the USA.

Anyone who crosses the Mexican border to get to the USA, will be taken back across that border and deposited in Mexico.

If Mexico doesn't go along with this, there could be trouble, with our Officers and Agents being shot at by Mexican law enforcement. Maybe we could send them back using those big catapults that were discussed last week.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
In the interests of clarity:

boarder
noun
1. a person, especially a lodger, who is supplied with regular meals.
2. a member of a boarding party.

border
noun
1. the part or edge of a surface or area that forms its outer boundary.
2. the line that separates one country, state, province, etc., from another; frontier line: You cannot cross the border without a visa.
3. the district or region that lies along the boundary line of another.
4. the frontier of civilization.
5. the border.
the border between the U.S. and Mexico, especially along the Rio Grande.
(in the British Isles) the region along the boundary between England and Scotland.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Mexico has no say in our immigration policy. Do you not find it ironic that 'hostile' for non-Mexicans to be in Mexico, but perfectly fine with millions of people illegally entering our country everyday?

Mexico is used the US cucking out. Those days are done and gone.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It will be anyone who arrives in the USA illegally from Mexico. Lots of people first go to Mexico, and then cross to the USA.

Anyone who crosses the Mexican border to get to the USA, will be taken back across that border and deposited in Mexico.

If Mexico doesn't go along with this, there could be trouble, with our Officers and Agents being shot at by Mexican law enforcement. Maybe we could send them back using those big catapults that were discussed last week.

And how do they know they came across the border from Mexico and not a raft from Bimini or Canada or snuck across the border at night. Fox News is worthless and really is only for the stupid

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: jjkenobi

Wow.

Its pretty clear that you either did not read the thread, or just did not pay the proper attention to it. Mexico's issue appears to be largely centered around the idea that Non-Mexican illegal immigrants to the US, will also be deported... to Mexico. Mexico does not have to put up with that in the least. But never mind, just bash anything that stands in the way of the fascist glove puppet you call a President.

*facepalm*

But, Mexico is allowing millions of people to flood our country from their borders. Tell me, what motivates you to dictate what the US's immigration policies should be?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Then they should not be allowed entry, and should be turned away from US Customs. If immigrants are apprehended away from the border, it can't be assumed they crossed the US-Mexico border illegally.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Why would Mexico want all those criminals back in their country?

Oh wait, these are kind wonderful productive citizens who just want a better life, right? Well then why would Mexico not want them back??

Cause they aren't Mexicans

And the millions in our country from Mexico and South America aren't Americans.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yeah, can't send non Mexicans to Mexico lol. What is Trump thinking?

I'm sending myself to Mexico tomorrow for a wedding.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

And how do they know they came across the border from Mexico and not a raft from Bimini or Canada or snuck across the border at night. Fox News is worthless and really is only for the stupid

and lol.

Apparently Mexico prefers an international court to Fox News as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

originally posted by: carewemust

The USA is beefing up security. More people..more tracking. It's not a big deal, really.

Mexico threatening the USA, is like the Democrats threatening the Republicans.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Sofi you know that is not true, unless they parachute them into Mexico that is impossible, girl.

Believe it or not Mexico is not as open policy as the US about who enters their country illegal or none resident.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

BTW Mexico does have a problem with illegals coming from South America and going across their country to enter the US.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Hello, damwell

I stated my opinion, which clearly did not support the idea of returning ALL illegals to Mexico.

What I did say, was that Mexico is financially culpable with regards to folks who are not Mexican but entered the United States through the Mexican border. This says to me that they are not upholding their own laws

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Bingo!!!! That is because they get to Mexico to pick up the drugs and then after paying their dues to the Mexican government they are allow to proceed to the US.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's pretty funny because mexicos border patrol didn't do his job for ages and now they have the audacity to blame the US? The cartels and most of the mexican politicians pretty much terrorize the whole country as they please. Perhaps it is time to replace the mexican border patrol officers that are already in the pocket of the cartels. It's no secret that corruption is running rampart in mexico.

Why are some people still pretending that deporting illegal immigrants is some kind of new idea. The whole world deports illegals every day and nobody bats an eye. This is a legal process and protected by laws.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Occurs they sleep together in bed, US is big business for the drug Cartels that comes no only from Mexico but the whole south America.

They make money from the suffering, killing and addicting American youth.

While the tax payers in the nation have to pay for their health care needs as human beings under the bill of rights.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

And I'd imagine you agree that this is then a shared responsibility, as Mexico was not diligent in keeping up with their own responsibilities as a nation.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Share is a double standard and Mexico is not going to do anything about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Sofi you know that is not true, unless they parachute them into Mexico that is impossible, girl.

Yes, true, but as Reuters reports:

Jason Marczak, director of the Atlantic Council's Latin America Economic Growth Initiative, said the Republican president appeared to have timed the unveiling of deportation measures as a negotiating tactic aimed at unsettling Mexico.

Trump was "carving out more extreme positions to be able to then negotiate a compromise solution," Marczak said.

BTW Mexico does have a problem with illegals coming from South America and going across their country to enter the US.

Sounds like a game of "hot potato" to me. Obviously, Trump wants to dump non-Mexicans in Mexico 'cuz it's cheaper than shipping them all the way home.

Not saying the situation is fair, just that dumping all the illegals in Mexico is not fair either, and also illegal under international law.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I didn't know that US needs Mexico approval for the dealing of illegal criminals deportation back to their country of origin, I thought the US was a nation of laws that their constitution was the law of the land over others.

Really US is the US of Mexico now?

I have to laugh, obviously 8 years under Obama administration make people forget that we have laws for everything in this nation protected under the constitution.

I am still laughing at this one.

I wonder if Mexico will take this to the US supreme court to, but the UN? really what a joke.

why not read the entire provision and see what Mexico is debating before spewing non sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join