It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's foreign minister rejects Trump deportation policy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Mexico has condemned new guidelines issued by the United States, under which almost all illegal immigrants can be subject to deportation.

The new rules include sending undocumented people to Mexico, even if they are not Mexicans.

But Mexican Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray says his country cannot "accept unilateral decisions imposed by one government on another."

...Mr Videgaray said on Wednesday that Mexico would not accept the new rules. "We are not going to accept that because we don't have to and it is not in the interest of Mexico."

"We also have control of our borders and we will exercise it fully," he added.

...Spicer said on Wednesday that the relationship with Mexico was "phenomenal right now".

Mexico's foreign minister rejects Trump deportation policy

NOTE: The main issue is Trump's plan to deport NON-MEXICANS to Mexico - that's what's considered "hostile" and "unacceptable," and illegal under International Law.

Mexico's threatening to go to the UN, but Spicer says the US' relationship with Mexico is "phenomenal right now." Cognitive dissonance anyone?

The term cognitive dissonance is used to describe the feelings of discomfort that result from holding two conflicting beliefs.

But yeah, things are heating up - Videgary says Mexico is prepared to go to the United Nations to defend the freedoms and rights of Mexicans under international law.

Deporting non-Mexicans to Mexico is "hostile" and "unacceptable" according to Roberto Campa, head of the human rights department of Mexico's interior ministry.

Roberto Campa, head of the human rights department of Mexico's interior ministry, said the plan to deport non-Mexicans to Mexico was "hostile" and "unacceptable".

Be interesting to see how it all plays out.

edit on 23/2/17 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/2/17 by soficrow because: add note

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

" But Mexican Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray says his country cannot "accept unilateral decisions imposed by one government on another."

The United States Of America Cannot Except the " tunilateral decisions imposed " by a Foreign Government on their Right to Protect it's Boarders as a Souvergn Nation . Now What , a Shooting War with Mexico Begins , or the Diplomats take Over from here ?
edit on 23-2-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Why would Mexico want all those criminals back in their country?

Oh wait, these are kind wonderful productive citizens who just want a better life, right? Well then why would Mexico not want them back??

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

No, business as usual. This distraction is brought to you by the powers that be that regularly transport tons of drugs and workers across the border in huge truck trailers.

Oh? Show me where they empty every big rigs trailer and inspect every package at border crossings.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Seems the big sticking point is the plan to deport non-Mexicans to Mexico. That's what they're saying is "hostile" and "unacceptable" - and illegal under international law.

edit on 23/2/17 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
"Mexico's foreign minister rejects..."

It wasn't an "offer" Mr Videgaray.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Does international law give people the right and freedom to enter into any country they choose to enter into, however they care to enter that country, legal or not? I can't remember hearing about that law but maybe I missed it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Wow.

Its pretty clear that you either did not read the thread, or just did not pay the proper attention to it. Mexico's issue appears to be largely centered around the idea that Non-Mexican illegal immigrants to the US, will also be deported... to Mexico. Mexico does not have to put up with that in the least. But never mind, just bash anything that stands in the way of the fascist glove puppet you call a President.

*facepalm*

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Does international law give people the right and freedom to enter into any country they choose to enter into, however they care to enter that country, legal or not? I can't remember hearing about that law but maybe I missed it.

Might be in the appendix, I'd look in the SJW-001 to SJW-149 sections.

Careful though, I lost my CD copy of kumbaya when I was back there last time. It's pretty much a worthless document without that.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I have to agree.

Amend that particular provision and we got liftoff.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Oh, suddenly they have an opinion on undocumented immigrants, do they? Mexico is barely a government.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

That part I don't see how it's going to fly, other than turning people around at the border and sending them back the direction they came from.

But I don't see how they're going to force Mexico to accept a planeload of deportees that are from El Salvador.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I didn't know that US needs Mexico approval for the dealing of illegal criminals deportation back to their country of origin, I thought the US was a nation of laws that their constitution was the law of the land over others.

Really US is the US of Mexico now?

I have to laugh, obviously 8 years under Obama administration make people forget that we have laws for everything in this nation protected under the constitution.

I am still laughing at this one.

I wonder if Mexico will take this to the US supreme court to, but the UN? really what a joke.
edit on 23-2-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

When you get deported you get sent back to the country from whence you came not the country of your Nationality....I know this through friends being deported...one who was Brazilian got deported from England back to America where she travelled from before being sent back to Brazil......

Anyway who cares what the Mexicans say they are total hypocrits when it comes to human rights violations of illegal immigrants...time they had the arrogance knocked out of them.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
First of all, I don't care what a foreign government cares about our internal rules.

However, I do not believe that we should be sending *all* illegal undocumented immigrant aliens to Mexico. That, sure, I feel the Mexican government can balk about, argue, and not allow all they please.

But, to be perfectly honest, why didn't the Mexican government do something about someone from another country potentially being in Mexico illegally to begin with?

Mexico has no right to say anything about us sending illegal undocumented immigrant aliens of Mexican origin back to Mexico. Their citizens broke United States federal law by coming here illegally.

Mexico, I believe, shares in the fiscal responsibility of sending these people back to their home country if they entered from Mexico and were in Mexico illegally to begin with. I am not saying they should foot the bill completely, or that they should accept these people into their country, rather I am saying they are just as responsible for not upholding their own laws regarding immigration and immigrants.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Why would Mexico want all those criminals back in their country?

Oh wait, these are kind wonderful productive citizens who just want a better life, right? Well then why would Mexico not want them back??

Cause they aren't Mexicans

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

If The " Point Of Entry " into the United States by Illegal Foreign Nationals who are Not Native to Mexico was on the Boarder between Mexico and the United States , then Mexico is Responsable for Allowing them to do so . I can see where that would be a point of Contention between the 2 Countries .

link   

Remind me...Do they turn a blind eye or even encourage their illegal immigrants to cross our boarder cause they don't want them either...Nuff said.

link   
a reply to: marg6043

I didn't know that US needs Mexico approval for the dealing of illegal criminals deportation back to their country of origin

The US plans to deport NON-MEXICANS to Mexico.

...what a joke.

Yep. But not funny.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
First of all, I don't care what a foreign government cares about our internal rules.

However, I do not believe that we should be sending *all* illegal undocumented immigrant aliens to Mexico. That, sure, I feel the Mexican government can balk about, argue, and not allow all they please.

But, to be perfectly honest, why didn't the Mexican government do something about someone from another country potentially being in Mexico illegally to begin with?

Mexico has no right to say anything about us sending illegal undocumented immigrant aliens of Mexican origin back to Mexico. Their citizens broke United States federal law by coming here illegally.

Mexico, I believe, shares in the fiscal responsibility of sending these people back to their home country if they entered from Mexico and were in Mexico illegally to begin with. I am not saying they should foot the bill completely, or that they should accept these people into their country, rather I am saying they are just as responsible for not upholding their own laws regarding immigration and immigrants.

Have you considered that when the US takes these folks to the border that the Mexican border patrol is going to refuse them entry and make the bus turn around and go back to the US. Does Trump plan to muscle his way across the border or does he plan to sneak these folks into Mexico at night? I love how Americans think the US can just do whatever it wants. Gun toting rednecks beware, if the world gangs up on US we are through.
edit on Thu February 23rd, 2017 by damwel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join