It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News' Alan Colmes dead at 66

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Fox News political commentary host Alan Colmes has died at the age of 66.

Alan Colmes passed away this morning after a brief illness. He was 66-years-old. He leaves his adoring and devoted wife, Jocelyn Elise Crowley. He was a great guy, brilliant, hysterical, and moral. He was fiercely loyal, and the only thing he loved more than his work was his life with Jocelyn. He will be missed. The family has asked for privacy during this very difficult time.

Alan Colmes dead at 66

Wow...RIP

edit on 2/23/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

In '08 he was the coolest one to Ron Paul out of everyone at Fox News.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Didn't always agree with him, but I always admired him.

In such tumultuous times voices like his will be missed.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I thought Alan was often a sensible counter to many of the topics discussed on Fox News. Enjoy the underworld, brother!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Likewise, we rarely agreed, but I give him a lot of credit for presenting the opposing view.

He will be missed.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What long-term illness did Alan have? He started looking really bad about 10 years ago.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I always liked the back and forth with his sister in law, Monica Crowley.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Couldnt stand the guy's political beliefs, but still sad that he's died.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

He was a very great man indeed, he will be missed.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A short Bio from Wikipedia...

Alan Samuel Colmes (September 24, 1950 – February 23, 2017) was an American radio and television host, liberal political commentator for the Fox News Channel, and blogger. He was the host of The Alan Colmes Show, a nationally syndicated talk-radio show distributed by Fox News Radio that was broadcast throughout the United States on Fox News Talk on Sirius and XM. From 1996 to 2009, Colmes served as the co-host of Hannity & Colmes, a nightly political debate show on Fox News Channel.
- Wikipedia

Link

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I still remember watching Hannity and Colmes in my youth. Colmes was quite the character. Sorry to hear of his passing.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wow. One of the few libs you could have a rational conversation with... 66 isn't all that old. Not expected.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A genuinely nice man, who could get his points across without being strident, and he would listen respectfully to others.

Not the worst of things to be known for.

Calm and collected, but you never doubted his zeal. He'll be sorely missed.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
How terribly sad. I found this quote on Fox and it seems to fit him perfectly!

In an era of political polarization, perhaps his most enduring trait was that even those who fiercely disagreed with him found Alan Colmes likable.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
He would give and take better than a lot of liberals would. I still didn't think he articulated his positions with a lot of sense, but he tried and was respectful about it, far more than the new breed of leftist tends to be.

It's sad. He was likely one of the last of the generation who could simply agree to disagree and learn to like the give and take of political talk and debate.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I always respected the way he interacted with his opposition. He seemed like a good man to me, even if I didn't agree with his views on some things.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Looks like lymphoma.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've read he had lymphoma at least a year ago. Which is a cancer. It's a bit misleading to state after a "brief illness" he passed away. He had been sick for quite some time from cancer.

I never agreed with him nor did I like him but, he was a good man and I'm sorry for the loss to his family and friends. I did notice I rarely saw him on Fox anymore.

RIP Alan Colmes

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Haven't watched news channels in almost that long. figured he was just a paid prop for opposing views on FOX. but was a funny debater.. too ad. i thought he looked well then for his age i suppose.l

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I always liked the back and forth with his sister in law, Monica Crowley.

He always had such a great sense of humor and wit...especially with Monica. Bet they had really fun Holidays!

Great guy. Go with the Angels Alan!

You will be much missed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join