It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Michigan Racists Demand Segregated No-Whites Allowed Spaces

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible
a reply to: TheBulk

Maybe your link took me to a different article via technology magic. But besides the clickbait headline, can you tell me where in the article it says that the space will be a "no-whites" zone?

ETA: I withdraw my question actually. It's just good ol' fashioned propaganda with your coffee. Next time, just link to your personal blog. It'll have about as much credibility.

why is your head crammed so far up your....?...?...?.... did you not see all the other news sites that picked up this story when you google it? go and do some of your own foot work before you stick your foot in your mouth, cause this is really happening, and you're turning a blind eye to it. Are you one of those non white racists by chance?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: snowspirit
What about the mixed races? I never hear about how they're getting along in America. How white is too white? How black is black enough?

How often do mixed people identify as white? It seems to be exceedingly rare.

I identify as white, but anyone who identified as black is at least 3 generations back from me genetically. I look white, I act white, I was raised white and if it weren't for DNA testing, whatever my ancestors wanted hidden would have stayed hidden.

On the flip side of that, I have strictly white direct lines of descent that owned slaves and some of those distant cousins that are African American have turned up as well. Some have reached out to me for that family history, and while those conversations started out uncomfortably for me, these relatives just want those missing white lineages as well, and were always exceedingly gracious and kind. I do think that many people are coming to terms with idea of American first instead of African American first or European American first. Slavery is part of our heritage as a country, and the horrors of that shouldn't be denied, but at some point we will need to come together.

Having said all that, I think a POC safe space is at best counter productive and at worst racist. It just fosters an Us Versus Them mentality.

edit on 23-2-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
Blacks safe space matter

ignorant comments like this get us nowhere as well, but crap like this still gets stars for some reason? blows my mind.......

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Oh no next whites are going to ask for all white sororities, oh damn they already exist.

just like all black sororities exist as well, don't be an ignorant tool........

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

All this article is saying is that UM's African American student org wants some.office space.

It says office space SPECIFICALLY FOR POCs.

It's completely normal, it's no.different than the cooking club requesting a kitchen be made for them on campus or the ability to use campus facilities for their purposes.

I noticed you left the racial discrimination part of of your description here. A cooking club just for white people? You think that would be normal?

Reading comprehension..

Office space for the African American student org.. which whites can join... there's white ppl in BLM too.

There is nothing segregatory about this request. Re-read my post

so pretentious. why don't u re write it so everyone can understand it then, without being so vague in your comments.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

originally posted by: khnum
I have a very succinct sharp witty comment but unfortunately it would constitute a serious terms and conditions violation.

I triple dog dare you....

and I quadruple dog dare him too, I push my comments on this site daily. whats going to happen, you get cut for a T&C? not like they can take your birthday away.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Amazing how children just suddenly change their minds, isn't it??

The old civil rights marchers must be wondering what the heck is going on... Is this what they marched on Selma to accomplish? Bitten by police dogs? Murdered? So their childrens children can turn their backs on all the gains made at the cost of blood and lives?

It's truly saddening to see this.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hey, I earned my black card, my black friends even said so, (jokingly of course, just in case I offend a POCSJW somewhere on here) does that mean I could join as an honorary member of this? I mean, I am technically a "card holder" now, right?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: seeker1963

Amazing how children just suddenly change their minds, isn't it??

The old civil rights marchers must be wondering what the heck is going on... Is this what they marched on Selma to accomplish? Bitten by police dogs? Murdered? So their childrens children can turn their backs on all the gains made at the cost of blood and lives?

It's truly saddening to see this.

this is the best post I've read on here, and clearly states what (I) others may feel, and think, but did not write. this, white against all POC stuff has got to stop. I guess I'm one of those people who will truly never understand why things like this exist, I can't wrap my head around all this racism. this country has always seemed to me like it goes 3 steps forward, and two steps back, but with recent issues like this it's more like 3 steps forward, 4 steps back.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I see racism every day man.
I am getting pretty sick of it.

The Liberals mentality has turned into some sort of disgusting joke, they are on the most base level.
Everything is about race to them now.

Just a few days ago a guy came up and asked my friend "you got a cigarette?" and he responded "no, I don't smoke".
That guy freaked out on him and threw racism in as the reason why he can't get a free smoke. My friend has never smoked cigs ever! The guy finally told him 'well you need to start smoking so I can get one'.

He didn't ask me for one but if you come and say "got a cig" or "gimme" I'm gonna say no. I only respond to "may I please" because people need to learn some manners and respect. I bet that makes me a huge racist. God this country is going down the drain.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Fine if blacks want to segregate themselfs why stop them?

They just cant complain if it works the other way

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
One step forward, two steps back...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Every time I have asked someone on the Left to explain this, they claim it "doesn't happen", if they aren't busy excusing it with the "white guilt/white privilege" nonsense. Not one good explanation yet. Should be an interesting thread!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Maybe your link took me to a different article via technology magic. But besides the clickbait headline, can you tell me where in the article it says that the space will be a "no-whites" zone?

ETA: I withdraw my question actually. It's just good ol' fashioned propaganda with your coffee. Next time, just link to your personal blog. It'll have about as much credibility.

Try reading the article next time?

A student activist group at the University of Michigan is demanding campus officials provide them with “a permanent designated space on central campus for Black students and students of color to organize and do social justice work.”

In their demands, students explain why the new multicultural student center is not enough, “because we want a space solely dedicated to community organizing and social justice work specifically for people of color.”

This list of demands also call for more support for “marginalized” students “when oppressive attacks occur,” increasing the affirmative action of “Black, Arab, and other PoC” in tenured faculty, more readily alerting students on campus of “bias incidents,” and offering more financial aid for those of lower socioeconomic status.

In case you haven't figured it out, "people pf color" means "non-white".

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

*snip*

And to think that those same students are going to become the leaders of this nation in some time in the future, looking at what we see now, we most wonder.

They already are....

Oh
My
God...

I dont know where to begin...

Oh, dear God.....my first inclination is to tell her to shut her mouth. Wow......where can we donate for a brain transplant for that poor girl?

The zombie apocalypse is here.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
One step forward, two steps back...

This is actually kind of funny in a very serious tone so to say. This picture speaks volumes, and ya know what, I probably wouldn't want to drink out of their safe space fountains anyways, not because I'm racist, but because I would be afraid of catching some sort of stupidity bug..........

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Why stop there? I say we bring back separate bathrooms, drinking fountains, entrances....hell, why not just go back to separate schools and universities? Then you won't have to mingle with any of the whites.

Martin Luther King would be so disappointed in our country...

You forget, according to some identity politics people now one of the rules is that you can't use MLK Jr., unless it's in agreement with identity politics ideology as it currently is.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is I think the crux. I do believe some social justice people, have become as you say what they thought they were fighting, and become hateful of and stereotyping of white people or males. Note I said some, not all.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Sad that those who supposedly support DRMLKJR have fallen so short of his dream. He would be embarrassed by the current day SJW.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join