It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Michigan Racists Demand Segregated No-Whites Allowed Spaces

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Why stop there? I say we bring back separate bathrooms, drinking fountains, entrances....hell, why not just go back to separate schools and universities? Then you won't have to mingle with any of the whites.

Martin Luther King would be so disappointed in our country...

Umm...don't we already have African American only colleges? Sad really that we still can't get passed skin color, in this day.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Well before you get so outraged maybe you should wait and see how far this gets. It won't get far.

Ignoring those problems won't make them go away any time soon. History is proof that gatherings like these could spawn ideologies that are dangerous to the american society. Never underestimate groups like these. I partially blame Obama for reinforcing the idea of racial division. He really did a number on the US i give him that.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The problems is that the silence majority is no raising up and voicing their opinions at the blatant attack that they are subjected every day by many stupid organized vocal minority.

I am getting tired, waiting to see where to organized against this stupidity so I can go out and join them.

This people get funding and help to keep us the silent now majority far and away from their rant.

One of the reasons is the way the organizing protest tend to become violent in order to steer away the anti protesters that wants nothing to do with violence.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk
So we have a group of students who feel it would be the proper thing to bring segregation back?

Good God help us!!!! Are these students really that removed from reality that they honestly see this as a good thing?

And how do you think they would react when I place my white picket fence around a plot of land at the college marking it as "White Only"?

Yeah that would go over like a lead balloon. Bunch of idiots about to set our country back a half century!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

And to think that those same students are going to become the leaders of this nation in some time in the future, looking at what we see now, we most wonder.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible

Maybe your link took me to a different article via technology magic. But besides the clickbait headline, can you tell me where in the article it says that the space will be a "no-whites" zone?

You're not living up to your name.

In their demands, students explain why the new black student center is not enough, “because we want a space solely dedicated to community organizing and social justice work specifically for people of color.”

This list of demands also call for more support for “marginalized” students “when oppressive attacks occur,” increasing the affirmative action of “Black, Arab, and other PoC” in tenured faculty, more readily alerting students on campus of “bias incidents,”

originally posted by: marg6043

And to think that those same students are going to become the leaders of this nation in some time in the future, looking at what we see now, we most wonder.

They already are....

edit on 23-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What about the mixed races? I never hear about how they're getting along in America. How white is too white? How black is black enough?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I thought segregation was BANNED?!?!?!

edit on 23-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
What about the mixed races? I never hear about how they're getting along in America. How white is too white? How black is black enough?

How often do mixed people identify as white? It seems to be exceedingly rare. I don't blame them, whites are portrayed as the worst thing you can possibly be. Better to be a part of an alleged "oppressed group" and gain all the privileges attached.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I thought segregation was BANNED?!?!?!

They just redefine the word like so many others. POCs can segregate, they don't have the power!
edit on 23-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
With this kind of ignorance, I hope these kids aren't going to this college to be Doctors. Imagine being a white patient with a black doctor that has that kind of attitude against whites?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
So we have a group of students who feel it would be the proper thing to bring segregation back?

Make no mistake, this is a movement. It's not just this group of student. It's happening all over the country.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Oh no next whites are going to ask for all white sororities, oh damn they already exist.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Well before you get so outraged maybe you should wait and see how far this gets. It won't get far.

Wont get far? Look how far IT has already gotten in the last few years.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Why stop there? I say we bring back separate bathrooms, drinking fountains, entrances....hell, why not just go back to separate schools and universities? Then you won't have to mingle with any of the whites.

Hammer meet nail, its almost as though a return total segregation is the ultimate goal

Sad, sad world we live in.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Umm...don't we already have African American only colleges? Sad really that we still can't get passed skin color, in this day.

Yea and guess who pays for those Black only colleges.. Talk about biting the hand...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i have NEVER in my whole life actually seen a honest to goodness white person......not one.

I have also never seen a REAL truly black person.

I have seen creme colored people....and i have seen brown colored people and some shades in between.

honest question here: at what point can cognitive distortion and errors of thinking be classified as a mental illness? because at this rate we are fixin to have whole generations of mentally ill people roaming the streets.

Maybe driverless cars are a good idea after all. I wouldnt want people who have such retarded thinking (and i mean that in the literal sense) actually sitting behind the wheel of a many thousand pound hunk of metal.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: MrSensible

Maybe your link took me to a different article via technology magic. But besides the clickbait headline, can you tell me where in the article it says that the space will be a "no-whites" zone?

You're not living up to your name.

In their demands, students explain why the new black student center is not enough, “because we want a space solely dedicated to community organizing and social justice work specifically for people of color.”

This list of demands also call for more support for “marginalized” students “when oppressive attacks occur,” increasing the affirmative action of “Black, Arab, and other PoC” in tenured faculty, more readily alerting students on campus of “bias incidents,”

originally posted by: marg6043

They already are....

Oh
My
God...

I dont know where to begin...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
How the OP got that rediculous thread title from that article baffles me.

As a prior Student Government Official at a large University I know a little bit about what this article is actually saying.

Athe Universities there's student organizations. Such As Student Government, Chess Club, Travel Club, College Republicans/Dems, Cooking Club, etc.

There are also ethnocentric clubs for different heritages, backgrounds, and races where they discuss culture, impact, and bring awareness to issues that effect them.

Most Universities have offices/rooms that can be designated for certain student organization that have a big enough following or that require space... (like student government).

Some student organization can get them, some can't depending on availability, size, and tenure.

All this article is saying is that UM's African American student org wants some.office space.

It's completely normal, it's no.different than the cooking club requesting a kitchen be made for them on campus or the ability to use campus facilities for their purposes.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Congratulations....

They've become what they hate.

And are now those who hate.

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,
begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy.
Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it.
Through violence you may murder the liar,
but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth.
Through violence you may murder the hater,
but you do not murder hate.
In fact, violence merely increases hate.
So it goes.
Returning violence for violence multiplies violence,
adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness:
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Good God help us!!!! Are these students really that removed from reality that they honestly see this as a good thing?

And how do you think they would react when I place my white picket fence around a plot of land at the college marking it as "White Only"?

Yeah that would go over like a lead balloon. Bunch of idiots about to set our country back a half century!

Well you could confuse them by using a black picket fence and inviting bi-racial individuals onto your plot of land at the college with a sign that says "White Only?" (note - the question mark is part of the sign)

edit on 2425x6724America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: i did it again!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join