It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 protest in Anaheim after videos show off-duty LAPD officer firing gun in dispute with teens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Shoot people because someone has a knife in their pocket? Go to jail.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Longer version here -
- with both angles, and you can clearly see he's surrounded, with three other teenage boys moving in to attack, shoving, etc, and this while he's still restraining the one kid to have him placed under arrest. Hence, drawing the gun. He was justified in doing so, plainly, and even managed to not shoot anyone, while protecting himself. No gun, he'd have ended up beaten, likely the old man who was there as well, and the kids all scattered, with none seeing anything.

If one if my kids behaved like that, they'd be in serious trouble!! The one even claims his dad is a cop! So, he'd have access to a gun, to carry out his threat, and I have to wonder what the cop dad could have covered up for him. That whole crowd of kids was clearly used to causing problems, walking across lawns, and refusing to respect property.
edit on 24-2-2017 by LadyGreenEyes because: video error

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Pretty much my opinion. I want to hear the whole story and see the whole video. This dude should not have pulled his firearm. If one of the kids pulled a weapon, sure, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Other than the gun, I don't see anything wrong with roughing up these kids if they were in fact harassing him on a daily basis.

To be clear, I think the police officer was in the wrong for brandishing his weapon. If it went off accidentally, he could have killed a kid. If it went off intentionally, the cop has incredibly bad judgement.

EDIT: Watched the longer version. Doesn't change my opinion of the cop much. I wonder, did he show identification that he was a police officer when trying to detain the kid? If not, how do these kids know he's a cop? Honestly, if my friend was being grabbed by some stranger, I'd probably try to punch/tackle this guy too.

The cop should have handled this much differently. He should have just let the kid go instead of escalating an already volatile situation. He already made his point. No need to make it worse.

Doesn't matter if he IDed himself as a cop or not. A citizen has a right to make an arrest, too. One evening, our dog alerted us of someone outside, who should not be. Checking it out, the hubby saw two teenage boys, who were in the process of stray-painting in our car. They'd already hit several others. One ran, but he caught and detained the other, till the cops arrived. NO legal issues for us, the boy knew he was wrong, and even gave police the name of his friend. His parents, I will say, were FURIOUS with him - no excuses were given for his behavior. No real damage for us, so we didn't pursue anything. Legally, completely covered, and would have been had a gun been used, too.

No, he should not have let him go. The trespassing is stated to be an ongoing issue for that area, and these teens clearly know they are in the wrong, and flat don't care. Holding this kid himself is the ONLY way anything would happen. These kids knew their buddy was wrong, and assumed they could use force to help him escape his trouble. Had they gone after someone unarmed, they'd likely have done some serious damage, and fled.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I live on a corner so I have the occasional person cutting through on my driveway. I just ask politely that they not do that and guess what? They say 'no problem' and don't do it again.

Nice for you, but that isn't always the case. In this incident, we are told that this is an ongoing problem, and clearly, these kids do NOT respect anyone's property. I used to live in a corner house, too, and had people cut across, toss trash, etc, and they did NOT stop when asked. After a while, had enough punks on the street that we sat outside only when armed, to discourage any trouble. Had people looking at us like we were wrong for daring to use our front porch, because then we could see what they were doing - dealing. Some people don't listen to reason.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Update:

24 arrested so far. They will give every kid a criminal record for transgressing that lawn.

Lol, only in Murika.

KTLA

Those arrested were in the street, claiming that illegal action was a "protest". Why pretend it was kids arrested from the earlier incident? One might suspect an agenda.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
The mob wasnt violent they were coming to defend their friend.

Well the kids learned an important lesson when dealing with a potentinally armed person. You always trap the free hand so they cant reach for their weapon. Weapons are useless when you cant deploy them. The other kid should have been grabbing the cops free hand.

Another lesson that kid should learn is nut kick. That cop was practically asking for a kick to the berries. Woulda put the cop out for a second so the other kid could sucker punch him. Then kid numver 3 grabs cops head cranks back locking his spine and drags him to the ground where they can all commence kicking the shizzle out of him. At least thats how 3 0n one street fights usually go when the mob has the intent to be violent. Which none of them did.

Dont these thig kids know anything abput being violent thugs. Wait they probably dont know an of that stuff because theyre not thug kids but just a bunch of 13 year old smart asses. Which is pretty normal for 13 year olds. Also im pretty sure that cop has prettt poor judgement and assesment skills among other inadequacies.

So, you are encouraging kids to be violent to cops, when arrested for a crime? The ONLY reason these punks weren't violent, as you seem to encourage, is that he was armed, and drew his weapon. Your attitude shows clearly that he was right to do so.

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: intrptr

We don't have all the facts.

Seems pretty clear to me. Every day school lets out and kids go running home, cutting across this guys lawn. He's sitting in there waiting for this and getting ever more steamed by it.

Instead of defusing the situation he escalates it by coming out and confronting kids that had enough crap from school all day anyway, and clown him right back.

Did you read the article? Some of the rioters are at his house breaking windows, trying to get inside....

...bet he wished he handled it differently, too. Probably not. Bullies just get more arrogant.

After what I saw in France recently, the riots over police abuse of a detained suspect. I think its getting a little heated in the cops direction , you can't just brutalize your way thru life, even if you wear a badge.

Especially if you wear a badge. Now we got a mess. How badly was that handled. He should of called for the on duty police instead of confronting a gaggle of off duty students in the neighbors yard. But that would have looked silly, too.'

Defusing?? They were committing the same crime, daily, and you want to claim the victims of their crime are responsible for defusing" their behavior? What a crock!

So, his home is under attack, and according to you, that means he should simply have allowed them to destroy his lawn, and do whatever else they wanted, because they'll do worse now? Do you hear yourself??

I am truly appalled that people not only defend these punks, but actually encourage their lawless behavior. When one of them is shot for going after his home, or his family, I can just hear all of you claiming that's his fault, too.

Unbelievable......

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Doesn't matter if he IDed himself as a cop or not. A citizen has a right to make an arrest, too.

Not for a misdemeanor. And a questionable one at that.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The kid said he would "sue" the officer, not "shoot" him.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The cop could have walked away at any moment.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

yeah because walking on someones lawn is grounds for a pistol whipping. next time some kid or adult for that matter, walks on my lawn i'm going to make a "citizens arrest" in fact let me catch someone jaywalking and its on!!!!!!!!!! damn pesky kids, they deserve a lesson.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

what makes you think they are the children of illegal immigrants? entitlement? they walked across a mans lawn for petes sake!!

get off my lawn is a phrase often said by crabby old people and while they have every right to be mad about it i don't think they should be making citizens arrests over it. the man in this case was an off duty police officer he should have had the training, patience and maturity to handle that situation much differently.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Nice for you, but that isn't always the case. In this incident, we are told that this is an ongoing problem...

I get the feeling it is an ongoing problem because how he handles himself.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Update:

24 arrested so far. They will give every kid a criminal record for transgressing that lawn.

Lol, only in Murika.

KTLA

Those arrested were in the street, claiming that illegal action was a "protest". Why pretend it was kids arrested from the earlier incident? One might suspect an agenda.

Not pretending, how many kids got in trouble for this? How many arrests so far, et al? Better?

What a mess because of one 'keep off the grass' troll.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This non-political thread is being closed.
You may continue non-Muddy posts in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Political Mud Pit is NOT the place to politicize Social Issues, Protests or any other topic.

The Political Mud Pit was always intended to be a platform for members to hash out their political differences and to contentiously debate tough political issues, unencumbered by the usual constraints of civility and decorum found elsewhere on ATS. See SkepticOverlord's original Political Mud Pit Forum guidelines above.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join