It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 protest in Anaheim after videos show off-duty LAPD officer firing gun in dispute with teens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Looks like the shooter was justifiably in fear of his life. Anyone, myself included carrying a gun would probably have produced it at that point, in the face of threat of a multiple person attack. Accidental discharge or not it certainly had the desired effect.

a reply to: intrptr

Thats how you see it, I saw the kids trying to rescue their friend from the clutches of an evil troll.

"Hey he didndu nuffin, lettem go!"

He's under arrest, he cut across my lawn and mouthed off.

Big deal.

Bang! (thats the big deal)

The gun never would have come out, but the mob got violent. Which of course, you gloss over.

One guy took a swing to free his buddy, thats all the 'violence' I saw.

Off duty cop goes ballistic, go figure. If civvies behaved this way they get arrested.

Cry havoc on these boards too, because some bully pulled a gun on some school kids that weren't even in his yard.

But if you're an off duty cop, free pass.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yes, right, wrong or indifferent..he will be a target now.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: CulturalResilience

What was going through this stupid cops, and he was stupid, head?

I think the cop was doing good until the kids' friend started jumping him. The kids are not really small if you think about it. Pulling the gun out is a scare tactic. While this is not politically correct to do in public, doesn't matter if you are a cop or not, but you still have your second amendment rights (self defense). If the guy was a gang member instead of a cop, rest assured someone would be shot.

That said, it is illegal to trespass over someone's property without consent. The kids in the video were caught doing this red handed. However, if the owner had a problem with this...merely he should have set up a small picket fence and got himself a pitpull on a chain to guard the lawn.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Agreed, there was better ways to handle this.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Update:

24 arrested so far. They will give every kid a criminal record for transgressing that lawn.

Lol, only in Murika.

KTLA

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

you have to be a idiot to think that no one was recording when the cop was yelling at the girl, which was before the 13yr old boy even came into the picture. it didn't all happen in a split second. tell me where that is? where is the part where he chased him? where is the part where he tried to kick him in the nuts?
i tell you where, there is none on any ones phone because it didn't happen the way they are claiming. they cut the videos only to show the cop fighting with the kids and firing his gun.
edit on 23-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

We don't have all the facts.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

We don't have all the facts.

Seems pretty clear to me. Every day school lets out and kids go running home, cutting across this guys lawn. He's sitting in there waiting for this and getting ever more steamed by it.

Instead of defusing the situation he escalates it by coming out and confronting kids that had enough crap from school all day anyway, and clown him right back.

Did you read the article? Some of the rioters are at his house breaking windows, trying to get inside....

...bet he wished he handled it differently, too. Probably not. Bullies just get more arrogant.

After what I saw in France recently, the riots over police abuse of a detained suspect. I think its getting a little heated in the cops direction , you can't just brutalize your way thru life, even if you wear a badge.

Especially if you wear a badge. Now we got a mess. How badly was that handled. He should of called for the on duty police instead of confronting a gaggle of off duty students in the neighbors yard. But that would have looked silly, too.

'

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Go into your house and pick up the phone and call 911.....this is the option everyone has.

The guys an idiot....he was strapped....he was inciting violence....he was LOOKING FOR A CHANCE TO PULL HIS GUN....he was trying to get someone to attack him so he could shoot a kid.

Jeepers these are kids......that WAS NOT A GANG.

The guy was kidnapping someones kid....forcibly holding him against his will.

That man is a nutbar...he is going to kill someone innocent if he hasnt already.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

I agree, and from what I have heard, kids are stupid.

yes the over whelming majority of them are, some are also cocky want a be billy bad asses. that don't realize that there are others that don't play that, or reach a breaking point and will beat that ass for them.

Yea, and then they grow up to become police officers.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just an FYI for all: Anaheim is NOT part of LA, NOR is ANAHEIM PD part of LAPD!:!
This is in ORANGE COUNTY! PLEASE GET A CLUE!

Robert

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Update:

24 arrested so far. They will give every kid a criminal record for transgressing that lawn.

Lol, only in Murika.

KTLA

I think it's 24 protestors. They were throwing rocks at police and damaging the OP cop's property.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Maybe, we don't have all the facts.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Maybe, we don't have all the facts.

Dont need more facts.

People before property.

Times are changing....your "more facts" is olde school support of the thin blue line mentality which was engineered and has done the USA a huge disservice.

Get real.....that was no gang...those were just kids...and that man with the gun is so disconnected from reality he needs immediate intervention...he is a victim of his job and the nutty attitude cops have.....lol....we have all seen enough abuse of power....its time for change and this is what it looks like.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
They're not just kids. They're a bunch of hooligans with no respect for someone's property and especially for the law. It amazes me how people justify this sort of behavior. Not only the man was in his property and within the right to protect it but also is a cop who received a death threat by a little punk with no regards whatsoever of the law. Look the behavior of other kids, including some females. Is deplorable. Our society is really going into a demise at a scary pace.

If you lived in my neighborhood back when you would awake to find egg on your car and toilet paper stringing everywhere.

We clowned ogres like that for fun.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to take the moral high ground here but I'm a parent of two kids almost at that age and I tell you this, if I was to hear my kids talk with that kind of language, especially to someone way older than them, I'd be devastated.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Have fun in court with your new thinking verses old thinking.

And a couple of those kids looked about 6' 2" and about 220 pounds. Spare me the kids routine.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

Yea, and then they grow up to become police officers.

please, those kind of kids grow up to be criminals, or lefty libtards that think they can do what ever they want without any repercussion.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The cop did the right thing in the face of the violent out of control mob.

These protestors should be protesting the violent acts of the cops attackers.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The gun there was the equalizer piece, one guy against a couple of them, thats it.

What would happen in a normal self defense situation.. this was more of a provocation than anything else.
edit on 23-2-17 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Looks to me like there were things done wrong on both sides of this situation. Without commenting more on the instigating event (waiting for the full story) I do want to say that there have been multiple references in this thread to an "accidental discharge." Need to play semantics with that - there is no such thing. A negligent discharge, sure, but accidental moves blame. The officer put his finger on the trigger and pulled it without having a clean sight picture of a target that he meant to destroy. Second rule of firearms safety.

And that fumbled draw? If he's going to roll with an IWB carry, he should practice more. Anyone meaning to do him harm had plenty of time while he fished around for his weapon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join