It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 protest in Anaheim after videos show off-duty LAPD officer firing gun in dispute with teens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The new California generation of entitlement American born children from illegal immigrants, they are entitle to everything, including running over the law.

The pretty picture of what America youth has become.

Yes I have a beautiful garden in my yard and I ben darned if somebody is coming into my yard to touch any of my precious flowers

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

there is no way that they didn't know he was a cop, he has had problems with them repeatedly according to all the news stories.

you know as well as i that they just didn't do it on that day. they kept on pushing it, he put a stop to it.
no need to ID himself. they all lived in the neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He just strikes me as someone looking for a confrontation.

I can see not wanting them to do that. What I don't know is - were they on the part between the shrubs and the sidewalk, or inside his barricade of shrubbery? I've always been of the opinion that the area 10 feet from the road edge was considered fair game to any pedestrian, lawn or no. Maybe that's not true everywhere, but the city sure feels free to do whatever they want that far in.

If they were cutting through the main part of his lawn that's sort of demarcated by the bushes, that's a little more invasive.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The 10' rule applies in my municipality in regards the township being able to remove trees/shrubs/etc.

If they were trespassing he could have asked nicely and if it became habitual he should have, as a police officer, known better and filed a complaint so it was on record.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
no need to ID himself. they all lived in the neighborhood.

Perhaps they thought he was acting in his personal capacity when he just grabbed one and called her a coont. Or do you think that's in the cop manual there? It IS LAPD, you never know.

And my other question would be, where was the kid in relation to the yard? Just off the sidewalk or doing the macarena in front of his porch? He may have no legal standing to stop it if it's in the area of the sidewalk. Cop or no.

eta: You'd be better off taking the PE exam than figuring out California's trespassing statutes. That's a specialty right there. I can't count the special cases and but ifs. Off hand, it looks like if it's a private residence without a fence that you crossed, no signage, and you're not "occupying" the area or "vandalizing", or occupying with intent to interfere with its use as a house, it's going to be really tough to bring a trespass charge, but there are so many screwy bits to it that I can't make heads or tails out of it. And they don't mention yea or nay on implied road verge easements at all. But you can't bring a sleeping bag into a neighbor's garage and occupy it for more than three days. Although the implication is that you could for FEWER, maybe. SMH. However, there must be SOME sort of rule there, because otherwise, the city could put down a sidewalk that the homeowner could keep you off of, given that the sidewalk is on his property. So the city's easement must adhere to the pedestrian to some extent. And the standard easement is 10', unless it's different in California.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'd say that cop will be moving pretty soon, he shouldn't of grab the kid like that. Pulling a gun.... while pulling a kid is a huge mistake, thus the accidental discharge.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Looks like the shooter was justifiably in fear of his life. Anyone, myself included carrying a gun would probably have produced it at that point, in the face of threat of a multiple person attack. Accidental discharge or not it certainly had the desired effect.

a reply to: intrptr

Thats how you see it, I saw the kids trying to rescue their friend from the clutches of an evil troll.

"Hey he didndu nuffin, lettem go!"

He's under arrest, he cut across my lawn and mouthed off.

Big deal.

Bang! (thats the big deal)

The gun never would have come out, but the mob got violent. Which of course, you gloss over.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Perhaps they thought he was acting in his personal capacity when he just grabbed one and called her a coont. Or do you think that's in the cop manual there? It IS LAPD, you never know.

please, you know better than that. this is in LA, maybe in east bum ____ a group of kids would be thinking that. but in a crime infested city such as LA kids are much more street smart than that.

here is a news story,

"The confrontation began over ongoing issues with juveniles walking across the officer's property," Anaheim police said in an updated statement issued Wednesday, after cellphone video of the altercation was posted on YouTube.

The audio is difficult to understand, but the officer appears to say,
“Because you’ve been resisting this whole time.”
“No, I wasn’t. You tackled me first. I didn’t do anything to hurt you,” the teen says.
“All I said was, ‘Respect the girl,’ because you said, ‘Get out of my property.’”
The officer responds that the teen had said he was going to shoot him,
and the teen denies that, saying, “I didn’t say that. Why you lying? I said, 'I’m going to sue you.'”
Then the pair tell each other to “get your hands off me.”

then when the kid leaves the detention center,

Standing with his mom outside the jail facility Wednesday, the 13-year-old again said the incident started with the off-duty officer yelling at one girl. "I said, 'Hey, that's not how you treat a lady,'" the boy said. "And then he came at me. ... He hit me. I ran to the street to run away from him, and he got me. He tried to trip me and then he kicked me in my testicles." The boy again said he told the officer he was going to "sue him," not "shoot" him.

Video shows off-duty California cop fire weapon in struggle with 13-year-old

why would a kid say i'm going to sue you before he supposedly got kicked in the nuts? why would the cop just start chasing him for say respect the girl?
the kid is lying his ass off

and as i have said, ain't it funny that there never is any thing that shows the start of what took place, just a edited piece that shows what the people want to show, and that is a cop being what they want to call excessive force(police brutality).
edit on 23-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I've seen a couple angles of this video, and the off-duty LEO was in the wrong, plain and simple.

I don't care if the girl that was on his lawn was taking a piss on it--you don't have the right to detain another kid who said that he would sue you (according to the kid..."shoot you," according to the off-duty LEO) and drag him across a yard and then pull out a gun and fire it (intentionally or accidentally) because you escalated an issue that didn't need escalated.

The guy is a police officer--he should be held to a higher level of restraint, not given more leeway to lose his s**t just because a couple of kids might have been on his lawn or said a couple words to him.

I used to live on a corner lot that had an elementary school bus stop located at it--kids were in my yard all of the time. If this LEO can't handle a kid in his yard (and makes it escalate to the point of firing his firearm), should he really even be a law enforcement officer?

Temperament matters, as does making good decisions. He showed an inability to properly employ either in an appropriate way.

ETA: Please understand that I fully comprehend that we don't have the whole confrontation from the beginning on video, but from what I see, unless that 13-year-old boy (same age as my son) was in the process of attacking him in some physical way, he had no need to detain him like that for as long as he did, let alone yank out his firearm and fire one off.
edit on 23-2-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The mob wasnt violent they were coming to defend their friend.

Well the kids learned an important lesson when dealing with a potentinally armed person. You always trap the free hand so they cant reach for their weapon. Weapons are useless when you cant deploy them. The other kid should have been grabbing the cops free hand.

Another lesson that kid should learn is nut kick. That cop was practically asking for a kick to the berries. Woulda put the cop out for a second so the other kid could sucker punch him. Then kid numver 3 grabs cops head cranks back locking his spine and drags him to the ground where they can all commence kicking the shizzle out of him. At least thats how 3 0n one street fights usually go when the mob has the intent to be violent. Which none of them did.

Dont these thig kids know anything abput being violent thugs. Wait they probably dont know an of that stuff because theyre not thug kids but just a bunch of 13 year old smart asses. Which is pretty normal for 13 year olds. Also im pretty sure that cop has prettt poor judgement and assesment skills among other inadequacies.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

and as i have said, ain't it funny that there never is any thing that shows the start of what took place, just a edited piece that shows what the people want to show, and that is a cop being what they want to call excessive force(police brutality).

Well, no, it's exactly what you'd expect.

Do you walk down the street with your phone recording video? You'd whup it out and start recording AFTER something begins. It is exactly what I'd expect to happen in a normal situation. The recording is ALWAYS going to start after someone does something stupid, on either side. So it's not to hide the evil civilians instigating the noble cop. If they had been recording the cop before the # started, I would be MORE likely to consider them the instigators, frankly.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

well you can bet as soon as the cop went out and started with the girl and the 13 yr old boy started in the phones came out, if you really believe that they weren't already out, after all kids always have their phones out or do you not watch the real world. plus you can't watch the beginning and not know that the video was cut.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

...after all kids always have there phones out or do you not watch the real world. plus you can't watch the beginning and not know that the video was cut.

Again, do they walk around with the video camera going all the time? No.

Although that might be the germ of an idea for a GREAT product, come to think of it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Your post doesnt follow logocally.the kids are often on their phone therefore all kids are on their phone videotaping eevery instance when it goes down? Not sure thays logically consistant.
edit on 23-2-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ive alwaus found the best way to keep pathalogically authoratative people in check is simple blackmail. Dont laugh it works.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Supercop..what a dumbass, just following procedure of escalation, teen says he did not threaten to shoot him..obviously had no gun..is this another procedure simular to "stop resisting" while they are slapping you around.
Either way this guy should probably move now.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Well niw that a bunch of vatos know where he lives its probably a good idea.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

kids are constantly on their phones, chances are that at least one had theirs out when the cop came out. they saw the cops start with the girl, and saw the boy move in confrontation starts, phones start recording.

there are at least two angles,maybe more i posted two. so that means at least two had them out, what's so hard about following that?
plus every one knows that in the age of cell phones, videos are the new weapon of choice when attacking someone to discredit them.

so tell me if the cop dhased the boys as he claimed, why on earth is there not any video of that? surly it lasted long enough for someone to catch it on their phone, just all of them just happened to start recording right after the cop caught him, please.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

a reply to: BASSPLYR

kids are constantly on their phones, chances are that at least one had theirs out when the cop came out. they saw the cops start with the girl, and saw the boy move in confrontation starts, phones start recording.

Exactly! We agree totally. The phones don't start recording until some time after the confrontation happens. And then the cops always whinge about the start being clipped off when it's never going to BE recorded in a real life situation.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
They're not just kids. They're a bunch of hooligans with no respect for someone's property and especially for the law. It amazes me how people justify this sort of behavior. Not only the man was in his property and within the right to protect it but also is a cop who received a death threat by a little punk with no regards whatsoever of the law. Look the behavior of other kids, including some females. Is deplorable. Our society is really going into a demise at a scary pace.

If you lived in my neighborhood back when you would awake to find egg on your car and toilet paper stringing everywhere.

We clowned ogres like that for fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join